What are some of the more unusual LibriVox audio books?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

A couple that I'm aware of:
  • The Pirates of Penzance, because it's (I believe) the first musical to be completed with music.
  • First Fifty Digits of Pi, because people were given free range to do what they wanted with it.
  • Ulysses, because "there was a bending of usual LibriVox procedures: pub-like background noise was encouraged, as well as group readings; and no editing was required".
Any others I should check out?
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

There was a recording that Hugh McGuire made with some members of the UK chapter in the Greenwich foot tunnel (probably loaded with echoes off the tiled walls). I wasn't there, though, and don't know the details.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

I'm not sure if they count as unusual, but this spring (March + April) we recorded some of Shakespeare's plays in 2 weeks each: Comedy of Errors, Taming of the Shrew, and Merchant of Venice. There was a project done once of King Lear that was finished in a week. Also, we did Julius Caesar in a month.
Adele

Post by wildemoose »

We did a dramatic reading a few years ago of some extremely explicit 19th century erotica called Kate Percival, Belle of the Delaware. Let's just say it's one that I do not advertise on my personal website, but some enthusiastic fans have found me anyway to, um, express their admiration. :shock:
stowes8

Post by stowes8 »

I downloaded "The Pirates of Penzance" and am so very impressed! I can't wait to be a part of LV:) Where did the piano accompaniment come from? Did someone learn it and record that too? Librivox is such a great resource! Thank you to everyone who helps keep it up!
Andrea Grace
Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
~Wuthering Heights