[COMPLETE] Евгений Онегин by Pushkin - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Xenium5

Post by Xenium5 »

Евгений Онегин Александра Пушкина (1799 - 1837).

This project is now complete! All files can be downloaded from the catalog page:
https://librivox.org/eugene-onegin-by-alexander-pushkin/

This novel in verses is an example of Russian classic literature. The plot tells about young nobleman moving to country from St. Petersburg, driving there not only by mansion inheritance from his uncle but by the spleen, to find friendship and love which will turn out disappointing and even a tragedy. The main charm of the text is in its verses - the stanza consisted of 14 lines written in verses of iambic tetrameter has became classical since and has been called Onegin stanza.
Этот роман в стихах является образцом классической русской литературы. В основе сюжета история молодого дворянина, который переезжает в деревню из Санкт-Петербурга не только для того, чтобы вступить в наследование имением своего дяди, но и из-за сплина, тоски. Здесь он находит дружбу и любовь, которые в итоге оказываются разочарованием и оборачиваются трагедией. Основная же прелесть текста в стихе, которым он написан - эта строфа из 14 строк четырехстопного ямба с тех пор так и называется "онегинской".
( xenium5)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/evgeniionieginro00push
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    Genres for the project: Romance; Poetry
    Keywords that describe the book: duel, love story, Russian noble life from 19th century

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Глава [number] романа в стихах Евгений Онегин. Это запись LibriVox. Все записи LibriVox являются общественным достоянием. Чтобы узнать больше, зайдите на сайт: librivox точка org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Читает [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Евгений Онегин, Александра Пушкина. [Глава]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Глава [number] романа в стихах Евгений Онегин Александра Пушкина. Эта запись LibriVox является общественным достоянием."
    • If you wish, say:
      " Читает [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "Конец главы [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Читала [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "Конец романа в стихах Евгений Онегин, Александра Пушкина. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename eugeneonegin_##_pushkin_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. eugeneonegin_##_pushkin_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Availle - availle
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below
Last edited by Xenium5 on July 17th, 2016, 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xenia
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I love foreign literature - I'll MC this for you! :clap:

Edit:
Okay, we're good to go!
I have changed the filename since our server cannot handle cyrillic alphabet in file names, other than that everything's fine.
Please do write a Russian summary before completion, it's nice to have the summary of the book in the language it is in as well.

Finally, the book has some 300 pages, I don't know much about poetry, so I cannot judge how long this will be. If you need any more sections, just let me know!

Let's stay here for a few days to see if we can find a DPL.
Have fun in any case! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Xenium5

Post by Xenium5 »

Thank you, Ava!
Xenia
Xenium5

Post by Xenium5 »

So, the first chapter is ready, though we still have not had a DPL :(
Xenia
Xenium5

Post by Xenium5 »

Looking for DLP. :help:
Xenia
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Yes I know... it's always hard in languages where we don't have many readers to find a DPL.

Just keep reading. Sometimes it takes a while to find somebody, and some people may not want to commit until there is something to PL :wink:
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Xenium5

Post by Xenium5 »

Ok, thank you for the support. I plan to uppload the next chapter within a month - August and September are quite buisy. I also have made a post in the pl nedeed forum topic.
Xenia
Medea13

Post by Medea13 »

Xenium5 wrote:Looking for DLP. :help:
I'm ready to help with it, if PLD is not found yet.
Olga.
Xenium5

Post by Xenium5 »

Thank you, Olga, but it has been found receintly :)
Xenia
Xenium5

Post by Xenium5 »

Aaaah, it looks like that the web-site crash on which I was reported yesterday concerning another project, affected this project as well!
Ava, there is no information on Mark's DLP as well as his first DLP notes, which I have been going to improve finaly :(
:help:
Xenia
Medea13

Post by Medea13 »

Xenium5 wrote:Thank you, Olga, but it has been found receintly :)
OK. :)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Xenium5 wrote:Aaaah, it looks like that the web-site crash on which I was reported yesterday concerning another project, affected this project as well!
Ava, there is no information on Mark's DLP as well as his first DLP notes, which I have been going to improve finaly :(
:help:
Yes, I am very sorry, everything done after September 15th has been lost - for good.
I'm afraid you will have to reupload any files you have recorded since, and unfortunately, Mark will have to listen to your file again for the PL notes (unless he has saved them somewhere...)

I have now at least reentered Mark as DPL here; I am very sorry about the confusion.

Please also check the other projects you are involved in to make sure everything's up to date!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Xenium5

Post by Xenium5 »

Mark, would you be able to repeat your DLP notes for the first chapter? I am sorry, for not be in time to amend them before the crash :(
Xenia
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sorry for missing the updates; it looks like the crash also destroyed my subscription setting. :roll: Re-subscribed!
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Ch.1 long pauses and rustling in the beginning. Confusing the censored out "Kaverin" at 7:02, I suggest a pause or some "ta-ta-ta" to keep the rhythm.
I also suggest using an accepted Russian disclaimer; take from the Wiki or any of my Rus. solo projects.
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский