COMPLETE: The Grey Lady by Henry Seton Merriman - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

The Grey Lady by Henry Seton Merriman (1862 - 1903).

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page here:

https://librivox.org/the-grey-lady-by-henry-seton-merriman/

A tale of romance, greed, blackmail, secrets, Spain and ships. Loss and intrigue too as we follow twin brothers along their life paths.

[lst]

[*]Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/6517
[*]Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
Genres for the project:

Keywords that describe the book:

============================================

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
  • "Section [number] of The Grey Lady. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "The Grey Lady, by Henry Seton Merriman. [Book #, Chapter #, Chapter Title]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Section [number] of The Grey Lady by Henry Seton Merriman. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Book #, Chapter #, Chapter title]"
END of recording:
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Section #]"
  • If you wish, say:
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of The Grey Lady, by Henry Seton Merriman. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

[*]Example filename greylady_##_merriman_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. greylady_01_merriman_128kb.mp3)

[*]Example ID3 V2 tags ID3 tags are optional. They will be added automatically during cataloging.
Artist: Henry Seton Merriman
Title: ## - [Section title]
Album: The Grey Lady

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: knotyouraveragejo
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below[/list]
Last edited by Alondra on June 25th, 2017, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi:

I have not done the summary yet, I am not sure what the book is about, also I have not added genre or tags for the same reason.

There is no date (for copyright) on the gutenberg version that I am reading from, if it is there I can't see it, (this has always puzzled me) where do I go to find it?

Hope I have done it correctly.

Thank

Sandra
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Sandra. I'll MC this for you.
Jo
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

May I DPL?
~Tiffany
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi

Thank you to you both for volunteering on this project, love having you aboard.

Sandra
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi:

All titles are now in the MW I didn't put a section for the time, not sure if you need that or not, or even if I know how to do it.

I usually put times in the post when I add chapters for PL. Please let me know if you would like times in the MW also.

Thanks very much

Sandra
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi Sandra,

The times go in the Notes column. Just click in the field in the section compiler, enter the length of the file and click the gray Save button.

Moving us to Going Solo...
Jo
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi Jo:

This book is actually in two parts each with their own chapter 1, 2 etc. I think I should say section 1 through 30 or however many there are, and read each chapter with its own number and title.

I will change it all in the MW if you think it is necessary. Should have thought of this earlier.

Sorry for the bother.

Sandra
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Whatever you put in the MW is what will be the title tag on the files and the title of the section on the catalog page, so decide accordingly. You should also edit the intro and outro text in top post to reflect how you plan to read the section number, book number and chapter number and chapter title. That way your DPL will know what to expect.
Jo
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi:

Ok I shall leave the MW as is and shall read as follows:

Section 1 of The Grey Lady etc. ............The Grey Lady by.......Book The First, Chapter 1 and title of chapter.
Section 17 etc.............Book the Second, Chapter 1 and the title of the chapter .

Hope this makes sense.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

I've transferred what I think you want in the intro to the top post. Please check that I've got it right!
Jo
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi Jo

Thanks for doing that. I have recorded three sections and I did not include Book the First in the second and third chapters. I can go back and add them in, or do you think you could take that part out of the introduction. After Section one where I would read Book the first, I have read the subsequent sections like this.

Section 2 of the Grey Lady etc.... Chapter 2 title
Section 3 of the Grey Lady etc. chapter 3 title
Then when it gets down to Book the Second I will read as follows:

Section 17 of the Grey Lady etc....Book the Second, Chapter 1 title
Section 18 of the Grey Lady etc. Chapter 2 title

I hope this makes sense, if it easier on your for me to add Book the First in subsequent chapters I can do that and not a hardship at all.

Thanks, sorry if this is a pain.

Sandra
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Whichever you prefer is fine, Sandra.
Jo
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi

I have omitted Book the First in subsequent sections. I have just put it in the first Chapter. There are some really great comments in this story. I laughed out loud!!

Sections 1-3 done, with times of 17:33; 17:21 and 15:55

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/greylady_01_merriman_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/greylady_02_merriman_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/greylady_03_merriman_128kb.mp3

Thanks

Sandra
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

And the first three chapters are all PLOK! Great job :thumbs:
~Tiffany