Librivox Advertisement/Commercial

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Do we have a short Librivox advertising MP3? I'd like to put it up on my new Youtube channel. If there is a logo as well that could form the background, that would be doubly good ... otherwise it'll have to be more of our bushwalking photos!

Cheers,
Son of the Exiles
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

There is a logo on the LV Facebook page, you could use that?

Interesting channel, BTW! There is the Kipling story "Old Man Kangaroo" and a dramatised chapter of "For the Term of His Natural Life", as well as a lot of Australian poetry currently in progress, of course.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:Do we have a short Librivox advertising MP3? I'd like to put it up on my new Youtube channel. If there is a logo as well that could form the background, that would be doubly good ... otherwise it'll have to be more of our bushwalking photos!

Cheers,
Son of the Exiles
Hi there Son of Exiles ... this is Phil In Exile. I know your question is about an MP3, but it prompted me to look at the "Welcome to Librivox" video I made four years ago. Most of it is still valid but we've made web page changes since then and when my house is dried out and repaired I will definitely need to make an updated version. In the meantime any suggestions of what to take out and put in would be appreciated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Se3AIeLJjQ. And where is your new youtube channel? I'd like to look.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

There's gotta be something in an old community podcast you could use. I'm thinking of the "Come join the LibriVoxiteers" song, but I can't think of where it is! Or any of the anniversary songs.
http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Librivox_Community_Podcast is a good place to start. There are show notes somewhere for each podcast, but I can't find them right now.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Thanks Elizabby, Tricia, and Phil!

The content of your Librivox Intro video looks great as is, Phil, if you don't mind I'll link to that at my next channel update until you're in drier circumstances and can release your newer version.

The channel can be found in the signature block at the end of each of my forum posts. See the "Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel" link below.

The photos forming the background of each video collection (see the Playlist listings) are as follows:

The Henry Lawson poems have a photo of kangaroo with a joey in her pouch which we encountered on a bushwalk out along Ironpot Ridge in the Wild Dog Mountains west of Sydney. If you look carefully, you can see the young one's head and a foot sticking out of the pouch.

The red flower photo in the C. J. Dennis poems is a Waratah, the State Flower of New South Wales. This particular one in the photo is growing near the bottom of the Golden Staircase on the way out to the Ruined Castle rock formation in the Blue Mountains. The steps down the cliff are called the "Golden Staircase" because the Salvation Army, after ministering to the kerosene shale miners at the base of the cliffs in the old days, use to sing a hymn about climbing the "Golden Staircase" on the long climb back up to Katoomba.

The photo backing the Banjo Paterson poems is a seascape from down the South Coast of NSW.

The "goat and kangaroos" photo forming the channel banner, the "two kangaroos on a green hillside" photo backing the Australian Short Stories, and the "two kangaroos on a brown hillside" photo backing the "On Our Selection" chapters were all taken by my daughter currently residing in Western New South Wales. All three photos were taken in exactly the same place, which just shows the difference between the dry start to 2016 and the current wet conditions.

I have a short half-minute video of a 360 degree pan from the Lockley Pylon, an isolated rock formation overlooking the Grose Valley in the Blue Mountains. I took it several years ago when the kids and I went on a bushwalk out there on a windy day. I'll probably put it up if I can work out how to turn down the sound on the video, because when the video first activates, the loud sound of the wind roaring across the cliffs makes people jump. :shock:

The following links were old-time cartoonist Emile Mercier's take on the various floods in Australia across the years. Maybe you can get a wry chuckle out of them whilst things are drying out, Phil.

Prevent Bushfires

Flood Warning

Talk about rain...

Vehicles slow down

Praying for rain

Preserved Rabbit

Cheers,
Son of the Exiles
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

There are a page of banners and buttons in the Wiki mostly made by oldtimers (they painted them on rocks ) http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Banners_and_Buttons if any appeal to you

Anne
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

annise wrote:There are a page of banners and buttons in the Wiki mostly made by oldtimers (they painted them on rocks ) http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Banners_and_Buttons if any appeal to you

Anne
I clicked on the link actually expecting photos of cute LV-themed painted rocks! it took me a minute to realize the joke there...
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Sorry - I was using Australian to respond to an Australian ,not my English for non Australians :D :D :oops:

Anne