COMPLETE The Roosevelt Bears Abroad by Seymour Eaton - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

The Roosevelt Bears Abroad by Seymour Eaton (1859 - 1916).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-roosevelt-bears-abroad-by-seymour-eaton/
Follow the explorations of a comical pair of bears from the Wild West of America as they roam over Europe. All ages will laugh and enjoy the antics told in lively rhyme. (If you haven't yet made the acquaintance of these big, delightful bears, check out the first book in the series: <a href="https://librivox.org/the-roosevelt-bears-by-seymour-eaton/">"The Roosevelt Bears - Their Travels and Adventures."</a> ( HannahMary) </p>
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): https://ia801405.us.archive.org/8/items/cihm_80316/cihm_80316.pdf
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

>>>WORD COUNT NOTE: Since the only available PD copies of this book online are digital scans we are unable to provide word counts for each section. But it may help prospective readers to know that each chapter of the first book in the series ranged from 6 to 10 minutes final file length.

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Poetry

Keywords that describe the book: children, travel, adventure, bears, mishaps

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Chapter [number] of The Roosevelt Bears Abroad. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "The Roosevelt Bears Abroad, by Seymour Eaton. Chapter [number]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of Chapter [number]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of The Roosevelt Bears Abroad, by Seymour Eaton. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      rooseveltbearsabroad_##_eaton_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. rooseveltbearsabroad_01_eaton_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
        https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: dlolso21
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
Last edited by HannahMary on December 3rd, 2016, 2:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
A Rough Shaking by George MacDonald
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

This is a re-launch of a project that has been underway for several weeks. If you had claimed parts on this project, please remind me. I did not have a copy of that information offline. And for the sections that were already in the MW, I hope you still have a copy of your files on hand to re-upload! Thank you for your patience as I set this up again.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Readers needed for:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Hooray! I found that I still have sections 8, 12, and 16 read by BettyB on my computer from PL work. They were already PL OK! Sorry that I don't have the latest file you uploaded, though, Betty. So far I had only listened to it on a tablet. Do you have that one on hand?
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

See this thread ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62490 ) for the full story.

The MW has been restarted.

If you have a copy of any recording PL OK or not from this project please upload them. There are currently no audio files related to this project on the upload server.

David O
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

i sm traveling until next weekend but can definitely upload the first three then. THINK
it was Switzerland Paris and return from abroad.
Betty
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

dlolso21 wrote:See this thread ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62490 ) for the full story.

The MW has been restarted.

If you have a copy of any recording PL OK or not from this project please upload them. There are currently no audio files related to this project on the upload server.

David O
Thanks, David!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

BettyB wrote:i sm traveling until next weekend but can definitely upload the first three then. THINK
it was Switzerland Paris and return from abroad.
Betty
Thanks, Betty! Those were the three files I found on my computer, so I have uploaded them and marked them PL OK again. But I unfortunately do not have the fourth and most recent file you had posted. I think it was Holland, but if I'm wrong or if you no longer want that section reserved, just let me know. Also, I think you had two more sections reserved, but I do not remember which they were. Sorry!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Dear Readers:
I know there were at least a couple other readers with sections reserved before the server erased our project, but I do not remember who you were nor which sections you had claimed. :( You are more than welcome to claim them again! But I apologize if your sections get taken by others on a first-come-first-served basis.

I'll be back on the forum on Monday...
Your BC
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

I had claimed Section 2. :) And here it is, ready for PL (--it hadn't yet been PLed before the crash):

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/rooseveltbearsabroad_02_eaton_128kb.mp3 (7:27)

Thanks! :)
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Twinkle88 wrote:I had claimed Section 2. :) And here it is, ready for PL (--it hadn't yet been PLed before the crash):

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/rooseveltbearsabroad_02_eaton_128kb.mp3 (7:27)

Thank You!!

MW updated.

David O
toadoftoadhall

Post by toadoftoadhall »

Hello! Here are my recordings...I had these two sections claimed before the crash.
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/rooseveltbears_visitlondontower.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/rooseveltbears_inlondon.mp3
Thank you!
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

toadoftoadhall wrote:Hello! Here are my recordings...I had these two sections claimed before the crash.
Thank you!
Thanks for reminding me and posting these recordings! I will get to proof-listening soon.

Could you also please give me a total time for each of these files? That way we can double-check that nothing got chopped off by the uploader.

And I noticed that the files are not named according to this project's format with section number instead of name and with the 128kb at the end (e.g. rooseveltbearsabroad_01_eaton_128kb.mp3). But I think our MC can fix that for us this time. (Correct me if I'm wrong, David O.)
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Twinkle88 wrote:I had claimed Section 2. :) And here it is, ready for PL (--it hadn't yet been PLed before the crash):

Great! Thanks, Twinkle. This is PL OK. Feel free to claim more sections if you'd like!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

HannahMary wrote:
toadoftoadhall wrote:Hello! Here are my recordings...I had these two sections claimed before the crash.
Thank you!
Thanks for reminding me and posting these recordings! I will get to proof-listening soon.

Could you also please give me a total time for each of these files? That way we can double-check that nothing got chopped off by the uploader.

And I noticed that the files are not named according to this project's format with section number instead of name and with the 128kb at the end (e.g. rooseveltbearsabroad_01_eaton_128kb.mp3). But I think our MC can fix that for us this time. (Correct me if I'm wrong, David O.)
I have proof-listened to your files, Jonas. Thanks for the lively rendition that brings smiles! But there are a couple small things in the intros and endings to fix so that we can stick to the LV format.

In brief, section 6 needs some wording fixed in the intro and is missing the ending plus 5 seconds of silence. And section 7 has extra time to cut off the beginning and words to fix in the intro and ending.

The directions to follow are under point "7. DURING recording" in the first post of this thread. Please be careful not to add or substitute words.
For example, your section 6 will begin with:
"Chapter 6 of The Roosevelt Bears Abroad. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
"Recording by [your name]"
"The Roosevelt Bears Abroad, by Seymour Eaton. Chapter 6"
Then give the title of the chapter and begin reading...
End the recording by saying only:
"End of chapter 6." (If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]")

While you are needing to re-upload anyway, you may as well fix the file names as shown in my post above. And remember to include the duration for each file. Thanks! The rest of your file specs and decibel levels check out great!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
toadoftoadhall

Post by toadoftoadhall »

Thanks! I'll get to work on that right away.