What happens if somebody registers as a new user?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

I just wonder... If somebody manages to sign up in this strange period between the malfunction and the fix, are they going to disappear (and be denied access)? Can admins get a notification so they can contact the user after the site has been fixed?
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hi Tovarisch,
Any new person signing up has to get in touch with an email - it's all in the sign up process, automatically. So I think we'll know who has tried to sign up, and we could get back to them if needed.
Anna
kayray

Post by kayray »

Yes. Forum accounts that were made between Sept 15 and Oct 14 are gone. Several people have emailed me to ask why they can't log in anymore. The solution is to create a new forum account and email me (librivox dot forum at gmail dot com) to get it activated again. So sorry!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

kayray wrote:Yes. Forum accounts that were made between Sept 15 and Oct 14 are gone. Several people have emailed me to ask why they can't log in anymore. The solution is to create a new forum account and email me (librivox dot forum at gmail dot com) to get it activated again. So sorry!
When the site is brought up-to-date (applying backups I suppose), won't the accounts also be back?

Don
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

We've found out that the last month's data is gone and not recoverable. Announcement and instructions to members will be posted shortly.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine