Little known feature: Keep Track of DPL Sections

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'm not sure we've advertised this much. Those who are adventurous and have explored their reader catalog page may have already seen this. :)

As a DPL, you have a handy table where you can see at a glance what sections you need to PL.

- Go to your reader catalog page (or click on your name link in any magic window in which you're assigned sections as a reader)
- In the gray box at the top which gives all your reader information, there's a link, "Reader section details." Click on it.
- The Reader View tab shows the sections you're assigned as a reader. The PL View tab shows the sections you're assigned as DPL.

You can bookmark the Reader Section Details page, but you'll have to click the PL View tab when you want to view it.

I've put this information in the wiki (in very basic form). Feel free to suggest other places to put it - in the wiki, in forum threads, etc. It's a great tool that I think DPLs will really appreciate!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You can also access these two tables in the workflow. The link is under Stats / My Sections. This version is the one that I personally have bookmarked. :)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The workflow list is really good for those who are not actively reading - thanks Tricia - I hadn't noticed that one , easier to use than the way I was getting there

Anne
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

It would probably be a good idea to sticky this thread and remove this one (or at least parts of it).

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thanks! Retired the other thread and stickied this one.
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

This is wonderfully helpful! Thank you!
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
msfry

Post by msfry »

TriciaG wrote:You can also access these two tables in the workflow. The link is under Stats / My Sections. This version is the one that I personally have bookmarked. :)
What is "the workflow"? And where is Stats/My Sections? Thank you.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

https://librivox.org/workflow

It's the system user interface, where we set up the Magic Windows, etc. Once you log in (as a BC), you can see the drop-down menus in the header, under the title "LibriVox Management Dashboard". There you can find "Stats", and "My Sections" as an option in the drop-down menu.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Okay, thanks. :)
linny

Post by linny »

I love this page! I use it all the time and have it in my signature line so I can quickly access it. I find this view more helpful than the "workflow" view since I can see what work is waiting for me. I wish there was a page like this for my BC/co-BC projects. For that I still go to the workflow but I can't find the same level of useful information in this view.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

linny wrote:I love this page! I use it all the time and have it in my signature line so I can quickly access it. I find this view more helpful than the "workflow" view since I can see what work is waiting for me. I wish there was a page like this for my BC/co-BC projects. For that I still go to the workflow but I can't find the same level of useful information in this view.
Does this work for you when you're logged into the MW? https://librivox.org/projects/5796

It might be only admin accessible.
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Tricia, yes, this view is available to me. It appears I wasn't clear. I was just adding to the "wish list" that it would be ideal if besides a tab for Reader View and PL view there was a third tab for BC/Co-BC view. That way all of our commitments were in a single place; what we committed to record, PL, and projects to manage. Unlikely to ever happen but wouldn't it be grand? :mrgreen:
mzmolly65

Post by mzmolly65 »

I only wish I had found this sooner. I've been going about it the hard way until today.

Thank you for the suggestion and the links, will defo be using this in the future.