Lars Rolander has passed away.

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Condolences to his family. I hadn't had the opportunity to work with him on any projects, but I do know that he was always kind to new volunteers, and helped to make the forum a better place. I will miss him.
Kyriosity

Post by Kyriosity »

I popped in last night to check the running time on a book so I could track my progress on Goodreads, and I saw the dreadful parentheses after a name on the list of readers...a name that has frequently delighted me in hearing or reading it. Then this evening, I came across this line in the recording: "the voices of men dead shall be kept alive in boxes and speak at the will of those who still live" (E. Nesbit, The House of Arden, chapter 3). Lars didn't read that track, but it seemed to be about him. What a treasure he was, and what a trove of treasure he has left us. R.I.P., sir.

~Valerie
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Saw this just now.
I worked with him a lot and am so so sorry to hear. What a loss! A very kind man...
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I too was saddened to read of Lars' passing. He was a gentle and lovely soul.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding