Post by Janet99 »

craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

4 PL OK.
Janet99

Post by Janet99 »

Hi Everyone,
Just checking in. I'm in a cross country move and won't be able to post for a few months. But I'll keep checking in.
Janet
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Janet99 wrote:Hi Everyone,
Just checking in. I'm in a cross country move and won't be able to post for a few months. But I'll keep checking in.
Janet
Thanks for keeping us in the picture. Good luck with the move.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Hi Janet
Hope all is going smoothly with the move. Could you post to let us know you intend to continue when you're settled? Thanks.
Lynne
Janet99

Post by Janet99 »

Yes!! I just have to sort thru my boxes to find my mic!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Janet99 wrote:Yes!! I just have to sort thru my boxes to find my mic!
Take your time - I just wanted confirmation :D
Janet99

Post by Janet99 »

I'm here. Almost unpacked so I'll be starting again soon!

Janet
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Janet99 wrote:I'm here. Almost unpacked so I'll be starting again soon!

Janet
Thanks for checking in :thumbs:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

The forum and database (the whole website) have temporarily lost everything since September 15.
Please do not post or upload anything you don't want lost when the sysadmin retrieves the missing info from backup.
(Everything posted or uploaded on this current, missing-data version of the website will be lost.)

Hopefully all will be well and restored to what it was as of Friday morning shortly.
Lynne
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

An important message for all volunteers on this project:

As you may have noticed, our servers were reset to September 15th, 2016 because of a software failure. Unfortunately, the failure was massive - we have not succeeded in recovering any of the data since September 15th...

We have a recovery plan, and we need your help. There is a post that covers all types of projects over here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=62490

We are very sorry, but all files uploaded after September 15, and all changes to the database and the forum (including PL notes) have been lost and cannot be retrieved.

As a soloist, you know which sections you have completed
* If you have already completed your recording and it received a PL OK, please reupload the file again and mention in your post that it was PL OK. Make sure you upload the correct file to help your DPL!
* If your file has not received any PL notes yet, please also reupload your file and state that there were no PL notes yet.
* If there were PL notes and you remember them - please fix the file accordingly and reupload the fixed file only. Please post which fixes you have done to help your DPL.
* You should be able to enter everything directly into the Magic Window, then post you have done that.
* If you have deleted your file, then maybe your DPL has a copy - please post in the thread and ask if she/he could upload it for you. If this is not possible, you will have to rerecord (or relinquish your claim if you don't want that).
For DPLs: If you have stored your PL notes, please post them in the thread again. If you don't have them, and you don't remember if a file was PL OK, please also post.
We want to get things fixed as soon as we can, but there is also a fair bit of work to do because our volunteers are so productive and have made a lot of progress on a lot of projects over the last 4 weeks! So, please be patient if it takes folks (me in particular) a bit to respond to any questions or do any of the tasks that are on my plate. Remember everyone - including MCs, BCs and DPLS - is a volunteer and has life outside LV.

This is frustrating for everyone, and thankfully is very rare. We just need to pick up the pieces the best we can.

Thank you.
Lynne
Janet99

Post by Janet99 »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

It's probably a good thing you took your time as you avoided the recent drama :lol:
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

5 PL OK.
Janet99

Post by Janet99 »