[Complete] Miscellanea Curiosa Vol 1 by E Halley - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Chapter 9 - 35.00 - https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/misccuriosa_v1_09_halley_128kb.mp3

MaryAnn
Chapter 9 is PL OK!
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

PL Notes:

Section 18 - Intro and Outro say "Chapter 16," but it's chapter 18.

Section 20 - Intro and Outro say "Chapter 18," but it's chapter 20.

Section 24 - Intro and Outro say "Chapter 22," but it's chapter 24.

Very well read!
NoelBadrian

Post by NoelBadrian »

Lynnet wrote:
NoelBadrian wrote:Hi,
I Just came from the page at:
11 years - 10,000 projects? Less than 40 projects to go!
My Latin is a little rusty but I will give Section 11 a try if still available.
Noel
Hi Noel
Thank you for offering, but Jim just beat you to the punch on that one. Chapter 6 is still available if you want it.
Lynne
Oh, Well done Jim!
Lynne, I am not sure that I can do proper justice to Halley's Essay but in the interest of hitting our 10,000 target, I will give it my best shot. Sign me up!
Noel
Noel's Recordings

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

NoelBadrian wrote: Lynne, I am not sure that I can do proper justice to Halley's Essay but in the interest of hitting our 10,000 target, I will give it my best shot. Sign me up!
Noel
All yours!
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

MrsHand wrote: PL Notes:

Section 18 - Intro and Outro say "Chapter 16," but it's chapter 18.

Section 20 - Intro and Outro say "Chapter 18," but it's chapter 20.

Section 24 - Intro and Outro say "Chapter 22," but it's chapter 24.

Very well read!
I'm apparently not the sharpest tool in the shed today! I failed to notice that these 3 don't match up with their section number (like the ones I listened to earlier today did). They are PL OK!

:oops:
NoelBadrian

Post by NoelBadrian »

Hi,
Well, for better or worse here is Section 6 - Length = 32:06
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/misccuriosa_v1_06_halley_128kb.mp3
I did not understand half of what I was reading as my background is in the Biological sciences not those Physical ones :hmm: so I hope what I read makes sense.
There were also some abbreviations near the beginning that I could not for the life of me figure out so if you wish them to be read in full, please translate for me :?
Noel
Noel's Recordings

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I did not understand half of what I was reading as my background is in the Biological sciences not those Physical ones :hmm: so I hope what I read makes sense.
There were also some abbreviations near the beginning that I could not for the life of me figure out so if you wish them to be read in full, please translate for me :?
Noel
Thank you. I wouldn't know if it makes sense or not... I am definitely not of a scientific "bent" so a huge thank you.
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Noel
PL OK!

If it helps, I haven't understood a word of what I've PLed!
NoelBadrian

Post by NoelBadrian »

MrsHand wrote:
Noel
PL OK!

If it helps, I haven't understood a word of what I've PLed!
:thumbs:
Noel's Recordings

neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Thank you.
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Well done Jim!

I noticed several instances where it appears the word "saliva" was copied and pasted into the latter half of the reading (maybe a change in a prior pronunciation?), but the editing makes it sound like there's a slight stutter..."s-saliva."

It was only really noticeable in the latter half of the reading, happening about once a minute starting at the 25 minute mark and going to the end. I'm not sure it needs to be re-done, but I'd like to defer to Lynette on what she thinks about it. I'm going to mark it "See PL Notes" and we'll go from there!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

MrsHand wrote:
Well done Jim!

I noticed several instances where it appears the word "saliva" was copied and pasted into the latter half of the reading (maybe a change in a prior pronunciation?), but the editing makes it sound like there's a slight stutter..."s-saliva."

It was only really noticeable in the latter half of the reading, happening about once a minute starting at the 25 minute mark and going to the end. I'm not sure it needs to be re-done, but I'd like to defer to Lynette on what she thinks about it. I'm going to mark it "See PL Notes" and we'll go from there!
The general rule is that PL notes are suggestions and its up to the reader whether to correct them (unless there's a whole chunk missing!). In this instance, it doesn't seem too big a deal, so I wouldn't bother (unless it comes out as more like "sal...saliva").
Kristen, you were right to point it out, but it's an optional edit.
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Since it's an optional edit, I'm going to go ahead and change it to PL OK!

Thanks for weighing in Lynne! (I've just realized I called you Lynnette previously...I know better. So sorry about that!)
kerent

Post by kerent »