COMPLETE A Voice on the Wind by MJ Cawein -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Eldahan

Post by Eldahan »

Kitty wrote:Hi Omar

again a nice rendering of the poem July. I actually expected you every moment to break out into song when you yet again started with "Let us go forth". :mrgreen:
Thanks! I appreciate it.
Kitty wrote: in my personal opinion it's always better to have the microphone not too close to the mouth, but more to the side of your head, so you are not talking straight into it. It might help a bit with the smacking sounds. But I'm not an expert.
I'll try that out next time, but overall did you feel that the way it was recorded this time was better than the other recordings or not? I've been looking up different methods of recording and positions of the microphone and I'm trying to find the most suitable setup.
Kitty wrote:The reading itself was quite ok for me, but it's too loud for the LV norm, it comes at 93.6 dB, whereas as maximum we accept 92 dB. Could you just de-amplify it a little bit and reupload ? It might also lessen the clicks a bit ;)
Done.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/voiceonthewind_15_cawein_128kb.mp3 @ 3:09
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you omar!
Carolin
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Eldahan wrote:I'll try that out next time, but overall did you feel that the way it was recorded this time was better than the other recordings or not? I've been looking up different methods of recording and positions of the microphone and I'm trying to find the most suitable setup.
I relistened to section 14 to compare the sound with section 15 now. Your new sound is "warmer", deeper, I would say. But I actually liked both I must admit, both are of good quality.

Oh and the volume is now 91.7 dB, so just inside the norm. Don't go any louder ;) PL ok now.

Sonia
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you sonia!
Carolin
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And finally, let me also check up on my partner in our quartet ;)

The 4 poems are word-perfect :thumbs: I can mark them PL ok.

My favourite was The wind of summer: I loved your billowing sing-song recital, it really gives back nicely the quality of the blowing wind. Would also have been fitting for a poem about sea-waves.

I especially liked the hushed tones you used for the following lines:
While your ear my voice shall soothe
With a whisper soft and smooth
Till your care shall wax uncouth.
During the Geraldine recital I constantly had the impression this should be some song from a crooner from the 70s LOL Came bit as a shock in the end that Geraldine had died, because I thought the guy had been left by her for another one.

well done :)

Sonia
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you sonia!
Carolin
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Carolin,
I just realized that the chapter I requested is marked assigned with me on it. I am soooo sorry that I haven't completed it yet. It will be finished tomorrow, I promise. My apologies.
April
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you so much!

it takes some time to get used to the process at librivox :)
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

:thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

we have an orphan!
Carolin
Eldahan

Post by Eldahan »

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you omar!
Carolin
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Great readings again :9: I especially love the enthusiasm in Section 20, each time you start saying "It's - Oh for the lane..." :D I was nodding my head along with the rhythm in that poem LOL

I see in Section 16 there seems to have been a line doubled, but you left that out correctly, I think it is there by error. I encountered that problem in another poem as well. Gutenberg is not always the most reliable.

I mark 16, 17, 20, 24 all PL ok, but in Section 9, there is a small error:

> at 1:00: “White she was as a dogwood flower” – you say “while she was a dogwood flower”, which is a strange imagery LOL

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Eldahan wrote:Done!
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/voiceonthewind_37_cawein_128kb.mp3 @ 1:22
What do you think?
Omar
You got a grip on your "clicks" ! Very nicely done, love the reading. So what did you do differently this time ? Put the microphone more to the side ?

Anyway, no errors ! PL ok

Thanks

Sonia