[Complete]Dramatized Bible Stories of the OldTest.-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Breeze

Post by Breeze »

EstherbenSimonides wrote:Can my brother EddySherman read Nabal?
He's already recorded it (since it was only one paragraph):
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/dbsot_nabal_14.mp3
One part left! :D
Yes.

Thank you, David.

I may actually need to find someone else to read God. My dad is so busy and though he would make the time, I don't really want to bother him. But I won't orphan it for a few days at least.
-Bria

Dramatic Readings of Bible passages

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
Click here to read about it.
EstherbenSimonides

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

Doeg the Edomite is PL OK!

Bria, since some of the stories don't have God and are ready to edit, do you want to do that or look for someone to do that? 4, 5, 11, 13 and 18 are fully recorded. I'll still prooflisten the finished sections if you like. :D
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

I've almost started editing one. This month I'm trying to write 25,000 words on my novel, but I'll make some time to do a bit of editing.
-Bria

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

Breeze wrote:I've almost started editing one.
I'm also available for editing if needed. (I just did several chapters of Michael Strogoff)
This month I'm trying to write 25,000 words on my novel, but I'll make some time to do a bit of editing.
Isn't 25,000 words about a third to half of a novel?
Truth,
James
---------------------
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Saul's Uncle:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/dbsot_saulsuncle_12.mp3
0:41

I feel almost as if I'm starting as a brand-new LV volunteer, here in the dramatic forum. Please let me know if I recorded the disclaimers, etc. correctly, and if I left an appropriate amount of space between lines. If I was not, in fact, supposed to read the Librivox disclaimer, or if I included any other superfluous information, I will be happy to edit it out. Thanks!
Bethesda Lily

"My soul waits for the Lord as watchmen for the morning, as watchmen for the morning" (Psalm 130:6).
EstherbenSimonides

Great job Bethesda! Saul's Uncle is PL OK!
For future reference, all you absolutely have to say is 'Saul's uncle read by Bethesda Lily' and the lines. The disclaimer was entirely necessary, but whoever edits all the characters together is going to cut it up anyway, so you can just leave it.

I hope you have fun doing dramatics! (I remember when I first started, it took me three days to record a character with three lines...)
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

ZamesCurran wrote:
Breeze wrote:I've almost started editing one.
I'm also available for editing if needed. (I just did several chapters of Michael Strogoff)
This month I'm trying to write 25,000 words on my novel, but I'll make some time to do a bit of editing.
Isn't 25,000 words about a third to half of a novel?
Probably more often a third. But novels vary hugely in size. I really have no idea how long mine's going to be.

I would appreciate help with the editing.
It's best to have a whole block of editing done by one person instead of them constantly swapping around. So it would be best if you claim a block of chapters to do.
-Bria

ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

Breeze wrote:
ZamesCurran wrote:I would appreciate help with the editing.
It's best to have a whole block of editing done by one person instead of them constantly swapping around. So it would be best if you claim a block of chapters to do.
How 'bout I take on section 11-15 to start. That's two ready to go (11 & 13), and three waiting on ASnowy/God. From there, I could move on to 16-20 (most are wait of God + a few with PL notes; sec 20 is the only one ready to edit, although since it was recorded as a group, I'm not sure how much editing it needs)
Truth,
James
---------------------
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

ZamesCurran wrote:sec 20 is the only one ready to edit, although since it was recorded as a group, I'm not sure how much editing it needs)
Ok, disregard that bit. I just noticed the sec 20 is actually done.
Truth,
James
---------------------
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

Okay, thank you. I'll put your down for those in the MW.
-Bria

ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

IN editing Sec 11, I noticed one problem:

Samson -- @2:00 is missing speech at top pg.15 "Thou hast given this great deliverance into the hand of thy servant: ... "

[Update: Reviewing the thread I see the problem. Those lines were originally accidentally assigned to the narrator. When that was discovered by the narrator (ME!), it was corrected in the script, but dlodes had already recorded Samson's lines]
Truth,
James
---------------------
EstherbenSimonides

So...
We have a couple options of what to do.
dlodes hasn't been on since April, but it's possible that we may still be able to get that line corrected.
We could try to find someone who has a similar voice and (preferably) didn't already read in that story.
If we can't, the narrator could read it if it was absolutely necessary.
Or, as a last resort, we could orphan the part and find someone else to do it.
What do you think, Bria?
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

EstherbenSimonides wrote:So...
We have a couple options of what to do.
There's also a missing line by Delilah (Kristingj). Both were cited by me back in October (pg 23 of this topic). Kristingj is fortunately still active on the forum, even if she hasn't visited this topic in over a year.

Having the narrator read them would also work, as I was the narrator.
Truth,
James
---------------------
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

I'll message both of them. If I don't hear back from dlodes, I think we'll go with you reading it, James.
-Bria