[DONE! Group song] LV 11th Anniversary Song

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
J_N

Post by J_N »

here you go: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/lv11annivsong_jn.mp3

there are 1-2 mistakes in there (didn't know the song before), but as you don't use all of it anyway I just left it... and it's slightly too deep for my voice, but I hope your ears don't fall off listening :)

thanks for doing this, always such fun!
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

J_N wrote:there are 1-2 mistakes in there (didn't know the song before), but as you don't use all of it anyway I just left it... and it's slightly too deep for my voice, but I hope your ears don't fall off listening :)!
Sorry about the song being set so low. Thank you so much for singing it despite that difficulty! Other than those few very lowest notes, your singing sounds just fine to me!
As you said, I'll be using selected bits, so I can leave out the low-note bits which were too low for you, and use the parts with the higher notes where you sang out strongly and beautifully. I'm sure there will also be people here with low voices, who may have trouble with the high notes but will sing out strongly on the low bits. Somehow, with all our varied voices, between us all, we will fill out the whole song!
J_N

Post by J_N »

commonsparrow3 wrote: Somehow, with all our varied voices, between us all, we will fill out the whole song!
Yes, of course. Sorry, if it came across as a complaint - it wasn't! :)
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Oh, my, no! It didn't come across as a complaint, Julia, not a bit. It just made me realize that a lot of people looking at this project might be reluctant to tackle a song that's not really in their voice range. Your remark gave me the opportunity to explain that everyone can sing whichever bits they are comfortable singing. That assurance might be an encouragement to other potential singers. :)
natsnut

Post by natsnut »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/lv11annivsong_rk.mp3
My old voice couldn't keep up for the whole thing, but I had to get in on it, so I only sang the first and last verses, hope that's ok.
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

natsnut wrote:My old voice couldn't keep up for the whole thing, but I had to get in on it, so I only sang the first and last verses, hope that's ok.
Thanks, dad! You know I'm happy to hear you sing whatever you like!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Sucky bad, pooey pooey! But I didn't want to spend hours on it to make it better. ;)

I interjected a couple whoops and comments in the recording. One of them ("prooflisteners!") would have overlapped the singing, so I added some silence in there - so the recording at that point goes way out of sync with the track. You'll understand when you hear it. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/lv11annivsong_tg.mp3
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

TriciaG wrote:Sucky bad, pooey pooey! But I didn't want to spend hours on it to make it better. ;)I interjected a couple whoops and comments in the recording. One of them ("prooflisteners!") would have overlapped the singing, so I added some silence in there - so the recording at that point goes way out of sync with the track. You'll understand when you hear it. :)
Whaddaya mean, pooey!? This was delightful! I had a smile on my face all through it, especially with the fun whoops, comments, and interjections. I haven't begun editing things together yet, but I already know that your cry "prooflisteners!" is going into the final mix. Our faithful PL'ers deserve that shout-out!
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

OK. Here's my odd version of the song. I think I've uploaded it to TriciaG's folder - at least I hope I have.

The key was a little low for my formerly puny soprano voice. Well, still puny but not so much sopranoy anymore. I compensated by singing falsetto. Not a good sound, but maybe an interesting one.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/lv11annivsong_mh.mp3
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

And here's mine, too :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/lv11annivsong_rap.mp3

Thank you for doing this, Maria! I love the anniversary songs!
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Lovely to see this, Maria! Well done! I am a bit hors de combat, but here is my contribution (accurate but not very spirited, I'm afraid).
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/lv11annivsong_rg.mp3

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hi Maria,
Thank you for doing this!

Here's my contribution: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/lv11annivsong_as.mp3
Anna
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

RuthieG wrote:Lovely to see this, Maria! Well done! I am a bit hors de combat, but here is my contribution (accurate but not very spirited, I'm afraid).
Ruth! Hurrah! I'm so pleased you were able to join us! That is the icing on the cake! :)
lezer wrote:Here's my contribution
Thank you, Anna, for joining the chorus! The more the merrier!
Rapunzelina wrote: I love the anniversary songs!
Thanks, Rapunzelina! I love these annual silly songs, too. I guess that's why wanted to help us to have one this year.
mhhbook wrote:The key was a little low for my formerly puny soprano voice. Well, still puny but not so much sopranoy anymore. I compensated by singing falsetto. Not a good sound, but maybe an interesting one.
Mary, this is priceless! It's like two singers alternating lines, one gruff and the other falsetto, with delicious comic style! Thank you!
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Great to have RuthieG contributing to the anniversary song :D
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Since we're halfway through the month, I thought I'd start putting the files together. I haven't begun the editing yet, but simply wanted to hear whether all the different voices were in synchronization first. When I played it back and heard this enthusiastic chorus, I thought I'd post it here for an advertisement! Come on, folks, doesn't this make you want to join such a cheerful throng!?

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/lvannivsong_test1_july18.mp3

(Also, singing along with this chorus may be a distinct improvement over singing along with my solo "singalong" version - so feel free to use this version instead!)