COMPLETE Rainbow Valley by L. M. Montgomery-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Haha! Yeah, your recordings have great sound quality, too! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Wow! Thank you so much!! And these are all great as well! PL OK! :thumbs:

I understand if you're don't, but would you like to read for anymore of the male characters whose chapters don't overlap any of Mr. Meredith's? They'd be Elder Abraham Clow (an older, stern man), Reverend Doctor Cooper (small role), Norman Douglas (intimidating, older man), or Reverend James Perry (older, pompous man). They might take a little more acting, though! :lol: Or if you'd like to sing there's one more part open Choir Member role. :wink:
Icaruslanding

Post by Icaruslanding »

Twinkle88 wrote:Wow! Thank you so much!! And these are all great as well! PL OK! :thumbs:

I understand if you're don't, but would you like to read for anymore of the male characters whose chapters don't overlap any of Mr. Meredith's? They'd be Elder Abraham Clow (an older, stern man), Reverend Doctor Cooper (small role), Norman Douglas (intimidating, older man), or Reverend James Perry (older, pompous man). They might take a little more acting, though! :lol: Or if you'd like to sing there's one more part open Choir Member role. :wink:
Hah, Singing I'm naturally afraid of because the cat tries to attack me whenever I do it, however, I'll say yes to Reverend James Perry since I'm pretty sure I can do pompous. Let me review Normans part and see if I can even come close to acting a voice suitable for him
LChakan

Post by LChakan »

Happy Monday, and Fourth of July (for those in the US). I'd like to claim Section "24", Mrs. Alec Vance!
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

Last edited by aaronml on July 10th, 2016, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron
EstherbenSimonides

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

I've heard (and know) the song, so if you'd like I could record myself singing it and upload it. :D
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Icaruslanding wrote:Hah, Singing I'm naturally afraid of because the cat tries to attack me whenever I do it, however, I'll say yes to Reverend James Perry since I'm pretty sure I can do pompous. Let me review Normans part and see if I can even come close to acting a voice suitable for him
Haha! Alright, sounds great!! I'll sign you up. Thanks! :thumbs:

Yes, if you'd like to read for Norman Douglas, just let me know! :)
Last edited by Twinkle88 on July 4th, 2016, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

LChakan wrote:Happy Monday, and Fourth of July (for those in the US). I'd like to claim Section "24", Mrs. Alec Vance!
Thank you very much! :D

What would you like your catalog name to be? That's the part where you say, "Mrs. Alec Davis, read by..." It can be your real name, your forum name, or something different. Just know that it can't be changed because that's what gets read into the audio file. Also, if you'd like a link to a personal website or blog to be included on your catalog page, just let me know.

And if you have ANY questions, feel free to ask! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Chapter 14 is PL OK! Thank you!! I think you did a job good making up your own tune, but I didn't realize this is a real song! If Esther uploads the tune for us, would you mind re-recording that part and imitating the tune she sings? (Yes, this means you're allowed to listen to her file, even though you're not the DPL. :wink: )
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

EstherbenSimonides wrote:I've heard (and know) the song, so if you'd like I could record myself singing it and upload it. :D
Yes, Esther, that would be great! The public domain stuff for music kind of confuses me, but if it's not violating any copyright laws or anything, do you think you could upload a recording of yourself singing the tune for the "Blythe" and "Manse kids" to listen to? :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

And thank you for these!! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

aaronml wrote:Here are the First four Jerry chapters. :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/rainbowvalley_04_jerry.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/rainbowvalley_05_jerry.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/rainbowvalley_14_jerry.mp3

On 14 I I did not know how to sing the song they were singing so I both invented a tune and said the line. Sorry about that... :oops:
The rest of these are PL OK! Great job!! For your next recording, could you first read, "Jerry Meredith, read by..." rather than just "Jerry, read by..."? Who knows? We may end up just using the version with just his first name, but I'd like to have the other version, too. :lol:
Last edited by Twinkle88 on July 4th, 2016, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Could I just point out that he's Jerry Meredith, not Jerry Blythe :D
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
EstherbenSimonides

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

I don't know if the song is PD, but if it's in a PD book, it basically has to be, right? I'll work on it soon. :D
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides