COMPLETE[PLAYS] Short Plays from Dickens by Horace Browne - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

LydiaCW wrote:Should I fix the low volumes, then, or can you fix them? I don't really have a ton of time, because I'm leaving the country on Saturday and I really need to pack.
If they are 80 dB or over then I'll take care of them. Reason I don't want to fix lower numbers is that noise can overwhelm the submitted mp3 of readings if I try to amplify too much; it might work better if the reader amplifies their original file before making the mp3.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

afutterer wrote:PL NOTES:

SECTION 72 - Montague Tigg - An undesirable acquaintance of Martin Chuzzlewit

~ 3.56-4.00 There is a point near the bottom of the page where Tigg is about to speak and Martin cuts him off.
I am not sure what should be done here. Todd?

M. C. [Biting his Up] Now, sir, this is a large town,
and we can easily find different ways in it. If you will
show me which is your way, I will take another. [Mr.
Tigg is about to speak, but Martin interposes.]
There should be a small gap in the line so I can insert the narration "Mr Tigg is about to speak, but Martin interposes". The narration line is not just about the words, but gives me an image of Tiggs leaning forward, drawing a breath and about to speak, and then jerking back offended when he is cut off.
~ 5.05-5.09 There is a misread here. "It being a matter of business" should be "It being made a matter of business"
I don't think this is much difference in the meaning - okay for standard PL.

Thanks, Todd
BlueFunk

Post by BlueFunk »

I'm a little lost. Is Montague Tigg PL OK, or are there changes that are required?

8-)
K. Adrian Stroet

“What ho!" I said.
"What ho!" said Motty.
"What ho! What ho!"
"What ho! What ho! What ho!"
After that it seemed rather difficult to go on with the conversation.”
P.G. Wodehouse My Man Jeeves
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Hello all. I do so apologize. In an effort to perform better in this project I have discussed with Todd some of the finer points of what he is looking for. I also wanted to make sure I went through all the plays and marked them with lines to make it a little easier to tell if anything was missed. I have now returned. I will also go back and look at all currently marked for as requiring edits and verify that they do actually require edits. I will not review those files that are marked as PL OK at this time.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

Section 16 - Miss Teresa Malderton - Their daughter

PL OK
LydiaCW wrote:Should I fix the low volumes, then, or can you fix them? I don't really have a ton of time, because I'm leaving the country on Saturday and I really need to pack.
Hi Lydia, I will mark this one as PL OK as Todd will be uploading the stitched files and adjusting the volumes for the completed play at that time. Thanks for your patience. :D No further edits are required on this section.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 25

Hi Lydia, I will mark this one as PL OK as Todd will be uploading the stitched files and adjusting the volumes for the completed play at that time. Thanks for your patience. :D No further edits are required on this section.

PL OK
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 39 - Miggs - Mrs Varden's "domestic"

PL OK

Thanks for your updates. This one is done.
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 60 - Mr Pecksniff - An architect and land-surveyor

PL OK

I will mark this one as PL OK since the only real error here is a mis-read that does not affect the meaning of the phrase. Thanks for your patience. You do not need to edit this section any further. :D
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

BlueFunk wrote:I'm a little lost. Is Montague Tigg PL OK, or are there changes that are required?

8-)
Sorry, I have been trying to figure some things out. No, there is no further editting necessary by you. Thanks so much for your patience. :D
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 81 - David Copperfield - A small boy

PL OK
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 82 - William - A waiter

PL OK
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 88 - David Copperfield - A small boy, to whom Miss Betsy Trotwood is great-aunt

PL OK
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 99 - Esther Summerson - Ward of John Jarndyce

PL OK
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 101 - Stage Directions for Mr Guppy's Proposal

Hi Lydia. Everything is very well done here. Great job! I just need the intro and outro as indicated on the first post.

Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
[Role], read by [your name].

If you are reading stage directions, please include for each file:At the beginning: [Name of Play] from Short Plays from Dickens, by Horace Baker Browne. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

At the end: End of [Name of Play].

Please add this in and re-up for the ok. Thanks.
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 107 - Guster - Mrs Snagsby's maid-of-all-work

PL OK
Anthony