[COMPLETE] The Ladies' Paradise by Emile Zola - phil

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Elizabby wrote:
Elizabby wrote:Section 12 PL Notes:

6:58 pronunciation "draft" of the candles. I know it looks different but that's how you say it.
7:32 pronunciation "impudent" stress on the first syllable please.
9:12 "row" again - the version you've said here is correct for a "row" on the river, but they are in a restaurant now having a yelling match, which is "r-ow" sounds like "owl".
Hmm, I can still hear all of these - are you sure the correct version is uploaded?
I'll check when I get home later today
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Sections 18 and 19 are PL OK! :thumbs:

I think that's the last of the "old" sections - when do I get to hear the "new mic" versions?
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Elizabby wrote:Sections 18 and 19 are PL OK! :thumbs:

I think that's the last of the "old" sections - when do I get to hear the "new mic" versions?
Section 22 is the first on the new mic:)
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Kristingj wrote:
Elizabby wrote:
Elizabby wrote:Section 12 PL Notes:

6:58 pronunciation "draft" of the candles. I know it looks different but that's how you say it.
7:32 pronunciation "impudent" stress on the first syllable please.
9:12 "row" again - the version you've said here is correct for a "row" on the river, but they are in a restaurant now having a yelling match, which is "r-ow" sounds like "owl".
Hmm, I can still hear all of these - are you sure the correct version is uploaded?
I'll check when I get home later today
Hmm, it hadn't been changed in the files I have, yet I clearly remember changing it... Oh well
Kristin

msfry

Post by msfry »

I'm back onto editing today, starting with 20, then 21 and 22.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 20 edited and uploaded:
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/ladiesparadise_20_zola_128kb_mtfedits.mp3 28:31

PL Notes Ladies Paradise 20

1:15 Valenteen, Valentine, (pronounced 2 ways), then pronounced differently at 3:13 Valenteen,

2:15 without having felt the gentle ascent of the machine. Pronounce assent, not accent
2:54 The crush was terrific. I hear crash.
2:57 Some people, losing all shame before these gratuitous treats, made themselves ill. I hear gracious.
14:01 "All silk, twenty-nine sous." I hear two.
17:18 that the latter were now secretly supporting Favier against him. I hear severely
17:44 There were silks of a cloudy fineness, pronounce fine-ness, not fin-y-ness (where fine rhymes with wine)
17:54 Japanese pongees, pronounced pon-jeez'
23:02 "You must be robbed fearfully," I hear rubbed

missing s's
11:04 mosaic s
13:51 department s
14:46 door s
18:10 morning s

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/ladiesparadise_20_zola_128kb_mtfedits.mp3 28:31
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Chapter 12 has been fixed and uploaded and here is 20:)

28:31

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/ladiesparadise_20_zola_128kb.mp3
Kristin

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 12 is now PL OK! :thumbs: Perfect pronunciation fixes! :mrgreen:

Chapter 20 is in my queue, I should get it done this weekend sometimes, between working shifts! :roll:
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Elizabby wrote:Chapter 12 is now PL OK! :thumbs: Perfect pronunciation fixes! :mrgreen:

Chapter 20 is in my queue, I should get it done this weekend sometimes, between working shifts! :roll:
:thumbs:
Kristin

msfry

Post by msfry »

MTF edited Section 21 is uploaded.
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/ladiesparadise_21_zola_128kb_mtfedits.mp3

PL Notes
2:46 Then whilst Marguerite was debiting the cloak, I think that is pronounced deb (as in Debbie), deb'it ing
3:13 with the scorn of a lady for chambermaids, I hear of.
4:42 amidst the inexhaustible treasures displayed on every side, I hear pressures. Treasures has a j sound. tre-jures. vs Pre-shures
4:51 She made a first halt before the trousseaux, tempted by some chemises that Pauline sold her; Prouniciations true-sew, and sha-meezes
6:36 to exhibit there on a small table, on is missing
13:48 retaining an intoxicating trembling from the contact. I hear intoxication. Will anyone notice? Your call.
17:56 Fat women elbowed their way through the crowd., I hear woman (singular) and cloud.
19:44 wandering about the departments, I hear wondering.
20:11 shaken by Mouret's other inventions, I hear ementions
23:57 two hundred and ten francs thirty centimes!" cried out the cashier, I hear centimeters, and crowed out.

Back to you Kristin! Now on to editing 22.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Section 20 (Chapter 9 part 2) has just one mispronunciation (and it's a hard word - I had to look it up myself!)

at around 22:00 "gewgaws" needs a hard "g", two of them actually: http://howjsay.com/pronunciation-of-gewgaws

Rest of the section was PL OK! :thumbs:
msfry

Post by msfry »

It has been almost a month since this project saw any action, so I thought I'd do a recap of where we are, and ask ya'll to check in and confirm.

I have raw sections 21, 22, and 23 to edit. 21 is just about finished, should be ready tomorrow. 22 and 23 coming shortly too.
Section 20 still needs a final tweak by Kristin.

How is the new microphone working for you Kristin? Are you ready to kick this project back in gear? We are 2/3 through it, with 11 more chapters to go.

Hi, Elizabeth. I presume you are still on board, just asking to be sure.

I am rarin' to go to get this project catalogued! It is going to be GREAT!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I'm still here, but haven't been posting because I'm up to date. As soon as there is more I'll PL it! :thumbs:
msfry

Post by msfry »

Ah, I did upload edited Section 21 after all, with PL Notes listed a few posts above. That one is now in your court, Kristin. 22 and 23 are coming shortly.

Thanks for checking in Elizabeth.
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Still here, and ready to get this done. Life has been a bit hectic the last couple of months, and July will be even worse, but everything calms in August, so I'll get the last bunch then. It's working like a dream!
Kristin