[Complete] Stories Worth Rereading by Various authors - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Here's section 35:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storiesworthrereading_35_various_128kb.mp3

00:57

I tried to improve the recording this time. Of course, I want to know the proof listener's feedback on both recordings. I don't mind re-uploading section 4 again. After all, I want to do my best. :wink:

I want to read "Please Sir, I Would Rather Not" in section 42. But I think, I should wait for the feedback before I start the new recording.

Thanks! :D
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
Trotsa

Post by Trotsa »

That sounds like a good idea - to wait for feedback before continuing! I'll sign you up for that section. Note that this story has a short poem following it that is to be read right along with the story. When you get to the end of the story just start right in with the poem and when that is done just say 'End of Please Sir, I would Rather Not'. The poem didn't have a title, so that's why it doesn't have a section of it's own. :D
FYI, the proof listener is not allowed to give negative feedback unless you specifically ask him for it. :wink: It's against LV policy to say anything 'not nice' about someone's recording, but if you ask for someone to tell you how to improve, then they are allowed to tell you. But you must ask for it first.
Thanks for recording, I'll put it in the MW! :D
Trotsa

[/size]I am an imperfect person loved by a PERFECT God.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

SaraHale wrote:I tried to improve the recording this time. Of course, I want to know the proof listener's feedback on both recordings. I don't mind re-uploading section 4 again. After all, I want to do my best...
Hello, Sara! This is Mark, your friendly DPL :-)
The proof-listeners try to catch things like long silences, repeated text, editing problems, volume problems, static, etc., but we don’t really make comments on reading style, unless you specifically ask for "Constructive Criticism".
If you wish, I'd be happy to provide it, but please ask :wink:
You could also ask me to send my feedback in a PM (personal message) rather than in a public forum. Please let me know what you prefer... 8-)
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Trotsa wrote:That sounds like a good idea - to wait for feedback before continuing! I'll sign you up for that section. Note that this story has a short poem following it that is to be read right along with the story. When you get to the end of the story just start right in with the poem and when that is done just say 'End of Please Sir, I would Rather Not'. The poem didn't have a title, so that's why it doesn't have a section of it's own. :D
Okay, I got it. :thumbs:
Trotsa wrote:FYI, the proof listener is not allowed to give negative feedback unless you specifically ask him for it. :wink: It's against LV policy to say anything 'not nice' about someone's recording, but if you ask for someone to tell you how to improve, then they are allowed to tell you. But you must ask for it first.
Thanks for recording, I'll put it in the MW! :D
I really want to improve all of my future recordings. I would love to read a detailed feedback. :D
Last edited by SaraHale on June 27th, 2016, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

karlkuzmich wrote:Hello, Sara! This is Mark, your friendly DPL :-)
The proof-listeners try to catch things like long silences, repeated text, editing problems, volume problems, static, etc., but we don’t really make comments on reading style, unless you specifically ask for "Constructive Criticism".
If you wish, I'd be happy to provide it, but please ask :wink:
You could also ask me to send my feedback in a PM (personal message) rather than in a public forum. Please let me know what you prefer... 8-)
Hello, Mark! Nice to meet you. :D
Yes please, I want "Constructive Criticism". If it won't trouble you, please send me your feedback in a PM.

Thanks!
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

SaraHale wrote:If it won't trouble you, please send me your feedback in a PM.
Hi Sara, there is nothing that would deserve a special "PM" treatment, your reading is very much fine, I don't have any suggestions for improvement :clap:
Here is my normal "non-critical" feedback on your sec.4 and 35.
1. Please note, these are "Stories worth RE-reading", I hear "Stories worth reading" :-)
2. The head post says: No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!. You've got 1.5 in both.
3. The head post says: There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.. You've got 0 in sec.4, 7 in sec.35

Thanks again, I enjoyed your reading! Please make the corrections, and I'll be happy to recheck them :thumbs:
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec.20: 7.5 sec silence at the end, 5 sec. needed. Please cut, and it will be OK! :thumbs:
liztrollinger

Post by liztrollinger »

Section 20 Tightening the Saddle Girth shortened at the end now at 2:58 :

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storiesworthrereading_20_various_128kb.mp3
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

liztrollinger wrote:Section 20 Tightening the Saddle Girth shortened at the end now at 2:58
PL OK!
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Thank you, Mark, for your feedback.

I will be careful next time and say "re-reading".

I don't know why but I have a problem with the timing thing. I will try and fix that too.

I want to ask you something. Should I save the files first as FLAC files? So I could return to it again and fix further problems. Or it doesn't matter.

I am planning on re-recording section 4.

I will fix the problems and re-upload them again. :D
liztrollinger

Post by liztrollinger »

I'd love to read section 60 The Little Protector if it isn't already taken.
Trotsa

Post by Trotsa »

liztrollinger wrote:I'd love to read section 60 The Little Protector if it isn't already taken.
It's all yours!
Trotsa

SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hello, Trotsa and Mark!

Here are my sections:

section 4:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storiesworthrereading_04_various_128kb.mp3

1:03

section 35:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storiesworthrereading_35_various_128kb.mp3

00:53

section 42:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storiesworthrereading_42_various_128kb.mp3

3:59

I hope that I got everything right this time. I am waiting for the feedback!

If you don't mind, I want to read these sections: 28 (The Tongue Can No Man Tame), 40 (How the Boy Without a Reference Found One), and 59 (When Someone's late).

Thanks! :D
Trotsa

Post by Trotsa »

I'll put these in the MW and sign you up for the sections you want! You must be enjoying it... you record so fast. :wink: It's great having you onboard this project! :thumbs:
Trotsa

SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Trotsa wrote:I'll put these in the MW and sign you up for the sections you want! You must be enjoying it... you record so fast. :wink: It's great having you onboard this project! :thumbs:
Yes, I am super excited to be here. And the stories are so nice that I can't sit still. I hope that my recordings are good quality. :D