COMPLETE The Three Sunsets by Lewis Carroll -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Three Sunsets and Other Poems by Lewis Carroll (1832 - 1898).

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: http://librivox.org/three-sunsets-and-other-poems-by-lewis-carroll/
Lewis Carroll's most enduring works are the Adventures of Alice in Wonderland, but he also wrote some very interesting poetry. The poems in this particular volume are called "serious" in the preface, and are addressed to adults, with many of the poems having themes such as love and death. ( Carolin)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
      Please note that we apply a one month deadline in poetry projects!
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/35497
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      • At the beginning of the recording, read the abbreviated "LibriVox disclaimer":
      "[Poem title], by Lewis Carroll, read for LibriVox.org" by [your name] or some variation on that, adding date, location, your personal URL, etc., if you wish.
      • Then read the poem.
      • Don't forget to read dates and places, if given in the text.
      • At the end, say: "End of poem. This recording is in the public domain." and leave five seconds of silence.
    8. At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Three Sunsets and Other Poems by Lewis Carroll.
      There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    9. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      threesunsets_##_carroll_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. threesunsets_01_carroll_128kb.mp3)
    10. Example ID3 V2 tags (leave those blank!)

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Carolin
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

a cute little text. the illustrations are a bit weird.

all readers and a dpl are welcome :)
Carolin
zwergwolf

Post by zwergwolf »

Carolin, I'd love to read 2, 5 and 16, please :)
Gaby

Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again - C.S. Lewis -
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you gaby!
Carolin
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

I would like to read Section 1 and 9.
BettyB
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you betty!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

moving us out to readers wanted!
Carolin
Michael7Lucas

Post by Michael7Lucas »

Hello,

could I claim section 3 – The Path of Roses, section 6 – Far Away, section 10 – Only a Woman's Hair, section 12 – After Three Days, section 14 – A Lesson in Latin, and section 15 – Puck Lost and Found?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you michael :D
Carolin
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/threesunsets_01_carroll_128kb.mp3
Time is 2:22

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/threesunsets_09_carroll_128kb.mp3
Time is 1:37

I added the name of the book to the intro within the preface to give the reader a reminder of the title before the poems began. If you want it deleted just let me know.

BettyB
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you!
Carolin
OCTL7

Post by OCTL7 »

I'd like to section 4. Off to it now!
-------oOOo--oo------Oo----------

\
(
9<
/) )
_L___§___\|/__§______\|/_____§_______§§_
"For want of a bird / The sky was lost" -- Tom Waits
JessiM5

Post by JessiM5 »

Id like to try section 13.
I may do more but I haven't read poetry in a while.
Thanks
All the best,
Jessi
ABurgess

Post by ABurgess »

I would like to request Section 8, Stolen Waters.
This will be my first recording, so any advice will be helpful! I'll be submitting it to the listeners wanted forum first thing.

EDIT: Here is the link to the forum post for my preliminary recording: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=61423

Comments and critiques appreciated before I link the new and improved recording here!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all!

Jessi and aburgess, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog. Please let me know as soon as possible so that i can update the magic window. Thank you!
Carolin