COMPLETE Na srebrnym globie by Jerzy Żuławski - ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

lets move out to going solo..
Carolin
jarcel

Post by jarcel »

Piotr, the first section of part one has been already uploaded. It took some time :)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

i hear now that the file of the introduction is most likely not recoverable. it must have been lost when we moved servers but i find no record of any of this.

piotr, do you have that file saved on your side anywhere?
Carolin
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Not anymore. I still keep some outtakes, but the completed file is gone. I must have deleted it at some point.
Jarek, this will give you an opportunity to make this project completely yours as you'll be able to record all the sections :)

I'll PL chapter 1 today.

EDIT: Would you like us to carry on in English or switch to Polish? I'm OK with either option. Of course, whenever we'd want to involve Carolin we'd have to write in English.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Odsłuchałem :)
Przede wszystkim muszę zganić siebie że nie wstawiłem do pierwszej wiadomości polskiej wersji wstępu i zakończenia rozdziału, biorąc pod uwagę że projekt jest po polsku :roll:

Adaptując formułki z moich projektów byłoby to coś takiego:

START of recording (Intro)
Jerzy Żuławski "Na srebrnym globie" [numer rozdziału] . Nagranie LibriVox. Wszystkie nagrania Librivox należą do domeny publicznej. Więcej informacji o nagraniach lub wolontariacie - na stronie: librivox KROPKA org"
Jeżeli chcesz, dodaj:
"Czyta [Twoje imię]"
Koniecznie dodaj:
Jerzy Żuławski "Na srebrnym globie [numer rozdziału]

END of recording
At the end of the section, say:
Koniec [numer rozdziału]

Zaraz uaktualnię pierwszego posta w wątku.

Inne uwagi:
5:19 drobne potknięcie

EDIT: Niestety komputer nie pozwala mi chwilowo przekleić treści do pierwszego posta. Zrobię to później. Tymczasem używaj formułki powyżej.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
jarcel

Post by jarcel »

Thx :) Jeśli dobrze rozumiem, to zmieniamy intro na język polski (konsekwentnie, we wszystkich sekcjach)? Szkoda, że zaginął Twój wstęp, a może zrobic mały cover z działu "pierwsze rozdziały"? Jednak, jeśli to wbrew LV policy - no cóż, poniosę to brzemię :wink:
Do pierwszej sekcji jest tylko ta jedna poprawka w 5:19?
Co do języka; wolałbym kontynuować po angielsku, ze względu na Carolin oraz cenną dla mnie praktykę :)
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Yes, there's only one thing to fix (plus the into/outro).
jarcel

Post by jarcel »

I've fixed that thing and also changed the intro. I'm wondering whether the repetition of the phrase: "Jerzy Żuławski Na srebrnym globie" at the very beginnig and at the end of the intro doesn't sound awkward.
So, I can see that the chapter "Od autora" is mine :)
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

jarcel wrote:I've fixed that thing and also changed the intro. I'm wondering whether the repetition of the phrase: "Jerzy Żuławski Na srebrnym globie" at the very beginnig and at the end of the intro doesn't sound awkward.
There is also a shortened version of intro, if you want to avoid repetition in future sections, but I guess it's best to ask Carolin about details. I always use the longer version.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

you need to have the complete intro only in the very first section of a solo project, to give all listeners due warning :)

in the following sections, we handle a shorter version: "chapter [x] of [title] by [author]. this librivox recording is in the public domain. [recording by you]. [chapter number+title]."
feel free to translate this into polish and use it for the chapters, as long as you have the full intro in the introduction :)
Carolin
jarcel

Post by jarcel »

Hi, I've finally managed to record another part :) I didn't realize that the post production stage takes so much time :)
Carolin - thx for your advice regarding the intro, however, I'll stick to the version of Piotr, just to be consistent.
Piotr - chapter 00 has been already recorded - I'm working on it :) in the meantime, there is section 02 uploaded in the MW.
The language of the novel is quite challenging, but I still keep at it :)

EDIT: I've been off today, thereby chapter 00 is also in the MW.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I'll PL the sections soon.
The language of the novel is quite challenging
Yeah, the language and the sentimental style were the 2 things that put me off that solo. Still, it's a classic so it's good that someone decided to pick it up.

PL notes for "Wstęp"
4:30 slight stumble "nie odpowiadał na od.. listowne zapytania"
Ten seconds of silence at the end. Five is enough as the section is less than 30 minutes long.

I also noticed some fragments where your pronunciation made it hard to figure out what the intended word was. Note that this is supposed to be standard Proof listening, so feel free to ignore the points below. Also, tell me if you want me to report things with such level of detail.
14:22 "które po przeniesieniu na papier dały mi rodzaj palimpsetów" you read "palimpsetów"
21:20 "marzyli tedy o wezwaniu" I hear "wyzwaniu"
22:55 "nimby się dostali w okolice" I hear "niby"

Next section will follow soon.
jarcel

Post by jarcel »

Hi, thx for PL of section 00. Feel free to give me as much detailed feedback as you can. I appreciate all your remarks (constructive :) ) as I'm just a beginner. I'll try to fix what is possible, maybe just skipping the minor things. Another section is on the way :)
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Feedback for chapter 2:
15:08 "dreszcz zgrozy mnie przejmuje" the word"dreszcz" is read in a very unclear way
15:45 "gdym oczy otworzył O'Tamor leżał ... - next word is uclear, probably edited out
19:36 "długość i szerokość księżycową punktu ... - unclear - ... robiłem pomiary "

I'm looking forward to the next section :)
jarcel

Post by jarcel »

I've managed to fix almost all the issues from 00 and 02. Though, not very happy with results :( I've been recording the amendments in exactly the same conditions, but there is a noticeable difference between the old and new parts of the recording.
Section 03 ready for PL :)