[COMPLETE] Queen Sheba's Ring by H. Rider Haggard -ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Anfinwen

Post by Anfinwen »

SweetPea wrote:Could you put the durations in the notes field of the MW?
Did I do that properly? It's mm:ss.
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage. Otherwise you are making their destiny not brighter but darker."
-C.S. Lewis
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Yep - that's fine, thank you.

Anne
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Chapter 1 PL notes:
First of all, I really enjoyed listening! You have a lovely voice, and your reading speed is perfect :D. One thing I noticed, in the middle of the intro (00:15-19) there's a pause of about four seconds. I think it would be better to shorten it.. Second, the filename isn't quite right - it should be queenshebasring_01_haggard_128kb.mp3 (just add a couple of underscores.) If you decide to chop out that silence you can fix the file name while you're at it, otherwise just leave it for now :)

I will listen to the other two chapters soon - I really want to hear more of this story!

Thanks!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
Anfinwen

Post by Anfinwen »

Alright, I think I've fixed it. I also fixed the file names of the other chapters and re-uploaded them. They are 128kbps, however, my computer does not automatically add the "128kbps" part. Do I need to add that?

I'm so glad you're enjoying it! I have read it a couple times and really like it. I read a review that said the ending was predictable, but it managed to keep me guessing.
I just need another evening home alone to record more chapters!

Also, do you think the accent is too much, too little, or about right? I feel like the story needs it, but I don't want to over do it and sound like mockery.
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage. Otherwise you are making their destiny not brighter but darker."
-C.S. Lewis
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I can fix the 128kb bit at cataloguing time. So we will worry about getting that exactly right later :D . Don't change anything else with the file names until Rachel has PLed them.

Anne
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Chapters 1 and 2 are PL OK! :D In the future, please do add the _128kb, but as Anne said it can be fixed at cataloguing so don't change the already-uploaded files :)

I don't think you overdid the accents or anything, they sound great :)

Thanks!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Chapter 3 is PL OK!

Now that I'm all caught up, I should be able to PL within a couple of days after this :)
Rachel

Anfinwen

Post by Anfinwen »

Just checking in to let you know I haven't forgotten about this book. :D I'm hoping to record more when I'm off work for Christmas break.
-C.S. Lewis
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Great! :D
Rachel

Anfinwen

Post by Anfinwen »

I finally got another chapter recorded! Things are finally slowing down a little, so hopefully I can get more done soon. Chapter 4 is ready, and I think I named it correctly this time. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/queenshebasring_04_haggard_128kb.mp3
-C.S. Lewis
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Yay! Chapter 4 is PL OK, good job! :)
Rachel

Anfinwen

Post by Anfinwen »

Hello, just stopping in to say I'm still working on this project. :D
-C.S. Lewis
Anfinwen

Post by Anfinwen »

Chapter 5 is ready for PL. Chapters 6 and 7 just need editing, so they will be here soon.
I'm not sure if the noise removal settings are set right, so if you have any recommendations as to better settings that would be great.
-C.S. Lewis
Anfinwen

Post by Anfinwen »

Chapter 6 is ready for PL. I should have 7 up later this week.

EDIT: Chapter 7 is ready too :D
-C.S. Lewis
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'll drop Rachel a note in case this has fallen through a crack - sorry for the delay but we are all still here

Anne