Requests for scanning?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

I've tracked down a university library in Indiana that holds a PD version of a book I so want to record, called "Sandy's Selection".

Rather than the usual 1950s edition ... not public domain ... this one is the original 1904 edition. What it's doing there, I don't know, but bravo, early 20th Century Indiana!

http://iucat.iu.edu/catalog/4714974? But it appears to only be in book form, rather than scanned, at least as far as I can tell.

Is there an avenue for requesting or suggesting they scan it onto their digital collections, or is this unrealistic, do you think?

Cheers,
Son of the Exiles
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

You could try ask that question to THEM instead of us?

In any case, if there is a way of them scanning the book for you, I warn you: It's going to be expensive!

Good luck!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

There's a scan of the 1904 edition on Google Books:
https://books.google.com/books?id=Myw5AQAAMAAJ

If you can't see the book, let me know and I'll send you the PDF.

edit: I see they've also made it available on the Google Play app, if you can access that.
Laurie Anne
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Thanks! I'd appreciate the pdf. It's probably just me, but I can't see any link on that page to click on for the text. Which URL would I supply to accompany any recording I did?

SOTE
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

No problem! Access to Google Books is blocked in some countries; that's probably why you don't see a link to click. We'll just use the Google Books link on our catalog page. It's not ideal because not everyone can open it, but it's fine if it's the only scan available. (I didn't see the 1904 edition on either Archive or Hathi Trust.)
Laurie Anne