Thank you for both.
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 15 is PL OK.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

PL notes section 16:

11:46 Only the first syllable of the word "practice" is sounded and the word "together" is missing. The word "a" is also missing before the word "celebrated" a little bit before; I wouldn't mention that except that it's in the same sentence and so could be fixed in one go with the other missing bits. The sentence is " To Mr. Barlow, of Middleton near York, he once paid a visit of six months, and while there became acquainted with a celebrated musician called Hebdin, who begged him to come and see him, so that they might practise together. " It's located just above the picture of blind Jack playing his fiddle at an assembly ball in the first manuscript at Gutenberg; end of 15th paragraph.

12:34-35 "It" is cut off from "'Yes, I can,' answered Metcalfe; 'but you mustn't tell him I am blind, or he won't believe it.' Third paragraph below the picture; 18th paragraph.
Pattymarie
susnbell

Post by susnbell »

Sorry about that; I'm still figuring out the kinks. Here's an updated version of chapter 16:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/strangestorybook_16_lang_128kb.mp3
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

susnbell wrote:Sorry about that; I'm still figuring out the kinks. Here's an updated version of chapter 16:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/strangestorybook_16_lang_128kb.mp3
Thank you. Don't worry: there are few of us who mastered the whole process in the first few recordings (and everyone has "oopsies" now and again, too :lol: )
AmberJewel

Post by AmberJewel »

I'd like to claim #18 The Story of Djun.
Djun would be pronounced without the 'd' sound right? So it'd be 'jun'?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

AmberJewel wrote:I'd like to claim #18 The Story of Djun.
Djun would be pronounced without the 'd' sound right? So it'd be 'jun'?
I would have thought so... You could probably research on howjsay.com but, to be honest, I'd just go with 'jun'. As its a short story, it's self-contained, so as long as you're consistent, don't fret about it.
susnbell

Post by susnbell »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Thank you.
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 17 is PL OK.

I'm having trouble getting the corrected version of section 16. On first hearing the same mistakes I thought to go clear my cache in Opera but still kept hearing the same old file with the mistakes. Then I downloaded and installed Firefox that I hadn't had before but with it I'm still getting the old file.
Pattymarie
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

pattymarie wrote:
I'm having trouble getting the corrected version of section 16. On first hearing the same mistakes I thought to go clear my cache in Opera but still kept hearing the same old file with the mistakes. Then I downloaded and installed Firefox that I hadn't had before but with it I'm still getting the old file.
I am also only hearing the unedited version. Susan, did you remember to upload? (You wouldn't be the first to forget -- I've done it myself)
susnbell

Post by susnbell »

I did upload the updated file, but it was under the same name as the original. Should I change the name from strangestoryboovk_16_lang_128kb.mp3?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

susnbell wrote:I did upload the updated file, but it was under the same name as the original. Should I change the name from strangestoryboovk_16_lang_128kb.mp3?
No, you use the same file name (without the v )
Pandasliketoread

Post by Pandasliketoread »

Could I claim section 1 please?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Pandasliketoread wrote:Could I claim section 1 please?
I have assigned that story to you. Just a heads up, it is long... At over 6,000 words, it will be over 30 minutes of finished recording.
Lynne