COMPLETE Captain Craig by Edwin Arlington Robinson -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RyanF

Post by RyanF »

Here are my readings for this project:

(19) Twilight Song - https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/captaincraig_19_robinson_128kb.mp3 (2:38)
(21) The Field of Glory - https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/captaincraig_21_robinson_128kb.mp3 (3:27)

To be sure, Robinson knows how to put together some poignant, somber poetry. These two were definitely interesting to record :)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you both :clap:
Carolin
subhashsings

Post by subhashsings »

Hi Carolin,

Here is Captain Craig, III for Proof Listening.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/captaincraig_03_robinson_128kb.mp3

Duration: 37:23

Have added 10 seconds after the final recording since the duration is above 30 minutes as per specifications.

With this, all the 3 Chapters of Captain Craig have been submitted for PL.

Thanks.
Subhash
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

what a gigantic achievement, thank you so much subhash :D
Carolin
subhashsings

Post by subhashsings »

Carolin,

It is my pleasure..

Thanks for the kind words.

Subhash :D
RossKlatte

Post by RossKlatte »

Request to read
14 Sainte-Nitouche Open
RossKlatte
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you ross!
Carolin
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 15 - As a World Would Have It

Hi John-Paul. Welcome to Librivox. Thanks so much for volunteering here and helping out on this project. Your reading sounds great! You certainly have your audio equipment set up well. :thumbs: I have just a few technical issues that require some attention with the end of your reading. The outro starting around 3:39 does not match the format specified in the project window. Please re-record the outro as simply "End of poem. This recording is in the public domain." Also, the silence at the end of the recording is about 6.5s and should be shortened to about 5s. This is standard on recordings under 30m in length and 10s for those over 30m in length. Thanks so much!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 18 - The Wife of Palissy

Hi Amber. Welcome to Librivox. We really appreciate your helping us out on this project! Thank you so much! Your reading was great. I just happen to notice that your file does have a little clipping in it. I would suggest a little look at your set-up to see if you can get that under control. It would be a bummer if something like that should sneak up and ruin a long recording. :( However, you are in great hands here with many seasoned recording artists! (I am not one of them) You may feel free to reach out to anyone in here or in the general forum if you need assistance. Thanks and...

PL OK

:clap:
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 1 - Captain Craig, I

Hello Subhash. Thanks for helping out on this project. I am only able to PL one of your sections this afternoon and should be able to get back to some more tomorrow. I apologize for that inconvenience. The audio sounds good so no problems there. I just have a few minor technical issues I would like you to address.

Before the recording there is a 4.4s silence. This should be brought to 0.5-1s.
After the recording there is a 1s silence. This should be 5s for recordings under 30m in length and 10s for those longer than 30min in length.

Thanks
Anthony

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you anthony!

amber, just to explain what clipping is because it took me a while to figure out when i started: clipping is when the sound waves exceed the spectrum, they dont fit on the chart anymore and get cut off at the top. that results in a strange sound, you know when someone screams into a microphone and the sound is not at all like their voice but just weird? thats strong clipping. your voice wont be distorted that much normally, but still the quality is better without clipping, and clipping cant be undone, so it is best to avoid it.
if you are in audacity, click view>show clipping. that will mark clipped waves in red rather than in blue. so you can see at a glance if you got too loud. if you have an eye on your waves while you record, you can just repeat the sentence and delete the clipped one :)

thanks!
Carolin
subhashsings

Post by subhashsings »

Hello Anthony / Carolin,

Have noted the points you have mentioned Anthony and have done the needful for Section 1, Captain Craig I. Here is the link after necessary amendments.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/captaincraig_01_robinson_128kb.mp3

Duration: 21:51

Let me know about the changes / corrections required in Section II and III whenever you can listen to them. Shall do the needful.

Thanks & Good job Listening. I sincere appreciate the efforts taken by all of you and me playing a very minuscule part.
Subhash :clap:
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you subhash! please dont use the word minuscule, when clearly you are the hero of this project :D
Carolin
subhashsings

Post by subhashsings »

Hi Carolin!

I went through Librivox site last night and had seen the efforts of people like you.... amazing! God bless.

Those words I mentioned really mean a lot for all your efforts.

Thanks.
Subhash
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

anyone who would like to read another edwin arlington robinson poem is welcome to participate in this collection: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=61178
Carolin