COMPLETE: Boy, The Wandering Dog by Marshall Saunders-rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

REP01 wrote:hi,
my name is REP01 and this is my very first time doing this, i would like to read chapter 15, Poor Amarilla, if is still open.
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
I can certainly hold that chapter for you but there are a few formalities before you get started.
First, we ask all new readers to complete a one minute test to ensure their recording setup meets with Librivox requirements. If not, you'll be given tips on how to change things. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
You will also need to be entered in the catalog. I can do that for you if you let me know how you wish to appear - most of us use our real names, but a nickname or forum name are OK, too. We can also link to a personal website or blog, if you have one.
Lastly, all the information you need for recording is in the first post, but if you have questions, please ask.

Lynne
REP01

Post by REP01 »

hi, i have recorded my 1-minute test and have posted it as well, and i just wanted to make sure all of the steps have been taken so when the 1-minute test is approved i will be able to go straight to recording my assigned chapter. REP01 is the name i would like to be entered into the catalog, and if their are any steps i am missing please let me know.

Thank You
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

REP01 wrote:hi, i have recorded my 1-minute test and have posted it as well, and i just wanted to make sure all of the steps have been taken so when the 1-minute test is approved i will be able to go straight to recording my assigned chapter. REP01 is the name i would like to be entered into the catalog, and if their are any steps i am missing please let me know.

Thank You
I've added you to the catalog. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, it will take you to your personal catalog page. Once your test is ok'd you'll be all set.
REP01

Post by REP01 »

thank you very much Lynnet, is their anything else i am missing?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

REP01 wrote:thank you very much Lynnet, is their anything else i am missing?
Doesn't look like it. For most of us, there's a lot to learn the first few recordings, but feel free to ask questions and there's a lot of information in the wiki, too, including a video library (search for Instructional Videos and you will get a list of videos, mostly made by one of our admins, Phil)
REP01

Post by REP01 »

i did find those videos that you mentioned and they were a tremendous help in downloading and setting up both Audacity and recording and sending in my 1-Minute Test, so thank you for mentioning that. :D
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

REP01 wrote:i did find those videos that you mentioned and they were a tremendous help in downloading and setting up both Audacity and recording and sending in my 1-Minute Test, so thank you for mentioning that. :D
:thumbs: I learned almost everything I know from them :lol:
eliment

Post by eliment »

Hello I am interested in recording section 26 - "The Most Painful Event of my Life". This will be my first recording for librivox. My 1 min test clip was approved already so I am ready to get started.
Multipotenialite Extraordinaire
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

eliment wrote:Hello I am interested in recording section 26 - "The Most Painful Event of my Life". This will be my first recording for librivox. My 1 min test clip was approved already so I am ready to get started.
Welcome to Librivox!
I can hold that chapter for you, but you will need to be added to the catalog in order to make it 'official'. I just need to know how you wish to appear. Most of us use our real names, but a pseudonym or your forum name are fine, too.
Lynne
eliment

Post by eliment »

I would like to use my real name. My name is Catalino Rodriguez.
Lynnet wrote: Welcome to Librivox!
I can hold that chapter for you, but you will need to be added to the catalog in order to make it 'official'. I just need to know how you wish to appear. Most of us use our real names, but a pseudonym or your forum name are fine, too.
Lynne
Multipotenialite Extraordinaire
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

eliment wrote:I would like to use my real name. My name is Catalino Rodriguez.
Lynnet wrote: Welcome to Librivox!
Lynne
You've been added!
mbm0rxi

Post by mbm0rxi »

chapter 20 please?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

mbm0rxi wrote:chapter 20 please?
Thank you for claiming!
mbm0rxi

Post by mbm0rxi »