COMPLETE [Dram Read] Under the Lilacs by L. M. Alcott-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

stoogeswoman wrote:I love that idea! We'll also have to include all the coughing and wheezing currently going on in my household ... all the dust being stirred up next door is getting into our lungs - not fun!! But we'll get through it! :P
Oooh, great idea!! Yes, we'll definitely have to add that in there, too! Wow, I can't believe their Machine creates choking dust as well! How conniving! :wink: But thank you for fighting your way through the dust storm to record Chapter 18! :)
OCTL7

Post by OCTL7 »

-------oOOo--oo------Oo----------

\
(
9<
/) )
_L___§___\|/__§______\|/_____§_______§§_
"For want of a bird / The sky was lost" -- Tom Waits
OCTL7

Post by OCTL7 »

-------oOOo--oo------Oo----------

\
(
9<
/) )
_L___§___\|/__§______\|/_____§_______§§_
"For want of a bird / The sky was lost" -- Tom Waits
theimpersonator

Post by theimpersonator »

May I read the role of Pat? I'd love to be a part of this.
Many thanks,
The Impersonator
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Twinkle88 wrote:
stoogeswoman wrote:I love that idea! We'll also have to include all the coughing and wheezing currently going on in my household ... all the dust being stirred up next door is getting into our lungs - not fun!! But we'll get through it! :P
Oooh, great idea!! Yes, we'll definitely have to add that in there, too! Wow, I can't believe their Machine creates choking dust as well! How conniving! :wink: But thank you for fighting your way through the dust storm to record Chapter 18! :)
Welll ... it's partly that, but today I found out I've got asthma too (went to doctor because I was coughing & wheezing so much). Sounds bad but actually I'm happy to know as now I can deal with it.

She said it's fine to continue doing these recordings (and listens to Librivox herself sometimes :-) ), but should wait till the meds she prescribed start kicking in - so probably through the weekend at least.

Oh well, at least I got *one* recording done this week!! :mrgreen:
jarcel

Post by jarcel »

Hi,
May I please read the following characters:
11 Mr. George Ch.24
15 Mr. Paine Ch.15
16 Dr Mann Ch.17
17 Uncle Eben Ch.14

Jarcel
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

OCTL7 wrote:Here are the other chapters (Voice 3)
Thank you so much, Lilith!! You're the best! :mrgreen:
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

theimpersonator wrote:May I read the role of Pat? I'd love to be a part of this.
Many thanks,
The Impersonator
That would be wonderful!! I've been waiting for someone to claim him! :mrgreen:

Before you can record, though, you'll have to send in a new 1-Minute Test based on the instructions Trotsa (and me! :lol: ) gave for you: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=61006&p=1241802#p1241802

Also, what would you like your catalog name to be? That's the part where you say, "Pat, read by..." it can be your forum name, your real name, or something different. Just know that it can't be changed because that's what gets read into the audio file. Also, if you'd like a link to a personal website or blog to be included on your catalog page, just let us know. :)

Thanks again!!
Last edited by Twinkle88 on May 21st, 2016, 10:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

stoogeswoman wrote:Welll ... it's partly that, but today I found out I've got asthma too (went to doctor because I was coughing & wheezing so much). Sounds bad but actually I'm happy to know as now I can deal with it.

She said it's fine to continue doing these recordings (and listens to Librivox herself sometimes :-) ), but should wait till the meds she prescribed start kicking in - so probably through the weekend at least.

Oh well, at least I got *one* recording done this week!! :mrgreen:
Oh, my goodness! Well, no wonder all that dust is bothering you! Yes, just take your time with the narration. You've already got a LOT of it done!! Hope you get to feeling better soon! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

jarcel wrote:Hi,
May I please read the following characters:
11 Mr. George Ch.24
15 Mr. Paine Ch.15
16 Dr Mann Ch.17
17 Uncle Eben Ch.14

Jarcel
Haha, wow!! That's just fine by me! Will that finish all our openings?? :shock:

Jarcel, what would you like your forum name to be? That's the part where you say, "Mr. George, read by..." It can be your real name, your forum name, or something different. Just know that it can't be changed because that's what gets read into the audio file. Also, if you'd like a link to a personal website or blog to be included on your catalog page, just let me know. :)
Meerkatnip

Post by Meerkatnip »

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/underthelilacs_09_alfredbarlow.mp3

Here is chapter 9 for Alfred Barlow. This is my first recording after my initial 1 minute test, so fingers crossed! Is the volume within the correct range? It's a bit tricky for me to figure that out aside from just looking where the lines are peaking. Let me know if there's a better way so I can spare you that chore :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thank you, Paige! Haha, this is great!! :wink: Love your characterization! :clap:
The recording is a little too quiet, yes. It's 85.9 dB, but I increased the volume real quick, so Chapter 9 is PL OK! :thumbs:

Yes, volume can be tricky if you're only using the peaks in Audacity to measure it. If you want to get precise measurements of your volume, you can download either MP3 Gain or Checker. They're both free and easy-to-download, but Checker gives you more information than just volume.

Download MP3 Gain: http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/download.php
Download Checker: http://www.cgjennings.ca/checker/

Thanks!! :mrgreen:
Meerkatnip

Post by Meerkatnip »

Haha glad you like the voice! And thanks for the links; I'll check those out now
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

jooell wrote:I´d like Edgard Coronado as my catalog name and here are Giacomo's lines

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/underthelilacs_15_giacomo.mp3 1:32
Haha, I love it!! :clap: Great job reading his Italian accent! PL OK! :thumbs:

Thank you!!!
Rossalpha

Post by Rossalpha »

Would this one be able to claim section : Bijah
Thanks