COMPLETE: Faraon (tom 3) Bolesław Prus -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Faraon (tom 3) by Bolesław Prus (1847 - 1912).

This project is complete. All audio files can be found on the catalog page.

https://librivox.org/faraon-tom-3-by-boleslaw-prus/
Młody Ramzes XIII obejmuje panowanie nad Egiptem, jednak jego wrogowie nie śpią, a jego sprzymierzeńcy chcą nim manipulować. Sam faraon też nie unika poważnych błędów, często spowodowanych słabościami swojego charakteru. Lekceważy też potęgę klasy kapłańskiej, którą postanowił sobie podporządkować nie zdając sobie sprawy z tego, jakimi środkami dysponują jego przeciwnicy. Za te błędy przyjdzie mu drogo zapłacić... ( Piotr Nater)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://polona.pl/item/293014/3/
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    Keywords that describe the book: egipt, faraon, władza

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Faraon (tom 3). This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Faraon (tom 3), by Bolesław Prus. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Faraon (tom 3) by Bolesław Prus. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Faraon (tom 3), by Bolesław Prus. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename faraon(tom3)_##_prus_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. faraon(tom3)_01_prus_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags (NOTE: ID3 tags are now optional - they are added automatically during cataloging)
    Artist: Bolesław Prus
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Faraon (tom 3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: knotyouraveragejo
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by Piotrek81 on January 17th, 2018, 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi, Piotr. I can set this up for you later tonight. :)
Jo
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Thanks :) I have 3 sections already recorded and waiting for editing.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

Check me in for PL
-nina-
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Chapter 1 has been uploaded.
EDIT: Chapter 2 is in.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Chapter 3 has been uploaded.
My stash is empty. The next chapter will come when I record it :)

EDIT: I also expanded the MW adding 2 more sections.
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

Oops, the file for chapter 1 part 3 is the file for the last chapter part 2 - faraon2_24_prus_128kb.mp3
will get to the others shortly
-nina-
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Chapter 1 has been re-uploaded.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Chapter 5 has been uploaded.
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

Chapters 1, 2 and 3 PL OK. Chapter 5 has electric 'buzz' noise, apart from a tiny segment towards the end from 15:53 to 16:01. Otherwise PL OK
-nina-
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I have a feeling that this electric buzz will appear quite often in the future... :roll: Anyway, so far I don't know how to remove it. Let's wait and see what the future sections will look like.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Section 6 has been uploaded.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Section 7 is in the MW.
Pharaoh's Phoenicians are totally like Lalka's Jews. They even speak in the same way :mrgreen:
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

Piotrek81 wrote:I have a feeling that this electric buzz will appear quite often in the future... :roll: Anyway, so far I don't know how to remove it. Let's wait and see what the future sections will look like.
I think you've done noise removal in the past. I remember pointing it out in couple of chapters in your past recordings, probably in Lalka, and you cleaned it out. The electrical hum (from the mains, 50mhz or 60mhz) is the easiest one to remove, instructions are here:
http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Noise_Cleaning also here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2603zZhUUk for Phil's excellent instructions - simply select a segment that has nothing but the buzz, capture it as a sample for cleaning, then select the whole chapter and clean. I usually record a bit of silence at the beginning just for the purpose of capturing this electric hum, anyway, the settings in noise cleaning stay so it's easy to be consistant.
-nina-
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I've definitely done noise removal in the past- I do it in all my sections. But I rarely have to deal with this kind of hum remaining after the standard noise cleaning. This only happens in some of my sections.