Hi, from India

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
vanarp

Post by vanarp »

Hi all

New user here. I have listened to some LV books in the past (I don;t remember the name of the book but it had some ghost stories).

So anyway. I'm interested in recording some science/science-history related material. Where can I find list of such books/letters/other material which is out of copyright?

Also I have never done any recording before (but I know the workings of Audacity) and English is not my native language. Are there any resources one can go through to improve their voice/reading quality or something?

thx.
Trotsa

Post by Trotsa »

Hi Vanarp welcome to LV! We're happy to have you.
To answer your question about where you can find public domain texts about science/history related material, I would suggest you check out Project Gutenberg. http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page
I would recommend checking around the forum though and recording a section for an already existing project before starting a project of you own. Recording a whole book can be rather daunting at first until you learn the ropes! Look around here: viewforum.php?f=2 for lots of projects, I'm sure there is something there you will find interesting!

As far as your other question: I really don't know resources for improving your voice, if you don't get any more feedback on that here you could post your question in the Need Help part of the forum: viewforum.php?f=23 And you will likely get more feedback there. Probably nothing will do you as much good as practice. :D Let us know if we can help you any other way! Happy recording! :thumbs:
Trotsa

[/size]I am an imperfect person loved by a PERFECT God.
vanarp

Post by vanarp »

Thanks for the helpful response Trotsa!

I found some interesting book categories at guttenberg.

I will look into the threads you linked.
Htrap15

Post by Htrap15 »

hi vanarp,

mai bhi india se hi hu . maine abhi - abhi librivox join kiya hai . khushi hui i koi apne desh wala mil gaya. mai hamare hindi sahitya ko badhva dena chahta hu isliy mai apke sath ,milkar ek project karna chahta hu jo ki hindi me hoga.

nice meeting you.