COMPLETE [RUSSIAN] Essays of the Past by Levanda - maryanns

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Очерки прошлого: рассказы. Лев Леванда (1835 - 1888) .
Эти ранние рассказы и очерк о жизни евреев в Российской Империи были написаны когда Леванда был сторонником ассимиляции евреев в российском обществе. Позже, по следам погромов, автор перешел на сионистские позиции.
This early collection of short stories and an essay about Jewish life in Russian Empire was written when the author believed in cultural assimilation of Jews. Later, after a wave of pogroms, Levanda sided with the Zionist idea. (Summary by Mark Chulsky)
This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/ocherki-proshlago-razskazy-by-lev-osipovich-levanda/

1. Text source (only read from this text!): https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015063691623
  2. Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): CC

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  3. The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Секция [number] очерков прошлого. Эта запись сделана для проекта ЛибриВокс. Все записи ЛибриВокс являются общественным достоянием. Для справок и помощи проекту пожалуйста посетите сетевую страницу librivox DOT org."
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Лев Леванда. Очерки прошлого. Pассказ [Title] [продолжение] [окончание]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Секция [number] очерков прошлого Льва Леванды. Эта запись проекта ЛибриВокс находится в общественном достоянии."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Say: "Pассказ [Title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "Конец [number] секции, [продолжение ] [окончание] рассказа [Title] следует "
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "Конец очерков прошлого Льва Леванды."

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  4. Example filename ocherkiproshlagorazskazy_##_levanda_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. ocherkiproshlagorazskazy_01_levanda_128kb.mp3)
  5. Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
  6. Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by chulsky on March 6th, 2018, 10:09 am, edited 6 times in total.
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Maya,
I would be happy to MC this for you. I'll get things set up.
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Feel free to use a Russian intro/outro. Here is the model langauge (sorry, I can't paste it in the first post because I don't speak Russian . .. but you can edit it in if you want by clicking the "edit" button in the upper right corner of the first post).
Начало звукозаписи (Введение):

"Глава [номер] [Название книги]. - Эта звукозапись сделана для сайта ЛибриВокс. Все звукозаписи ЛибриВокс являются общественным достоянием. Для более подробной информации или регистрации в качестве волонтера, пожалуйста посетите вэб-сайт: librivox DOT org"
Если хотите, то добавьте:

"Звукозапись сделана [Ваше имя]"

Скажите:

"Название книги, Автор.[Перевод [Имя переводчика]] [Глава]"

Конец звукозаписи:

В конце секции, скажите:

“Конец [Главы]"

Если хотите, то добавьте:

"Звукозапись сделана [Ваше имя], [город, Ваш блог, подкаст, адрес Вашего вэб-сайта]"

В конце книги, скажите (дополнительно):

"Конец [Название книги] Автора. [Перевод [Имя переводчика]]"
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Maya,

Your MW is set up.

For a solo project, you are the Book Coordinator. That means you fill out the Magic Window and post your links and times in the window when you upload your files. The section titles can be in Russian characters, or in Roman characters.

You'll need to start by logging into the magic window. Instructions are in the BC How-to; and this is a more detailed version of the First Login instructions (with pictures!) Please be sure to read all of the BC How To document, as that will give you more information on your role as a BC.

If you have questions, or if you have any trouble with the instructions in the BC how to, please post and we'll work through it together. There is a bit of a learning curve when you do your first solo. You've picked a nice size book - not too long and something that you are interested in, so it should be a manageable and enjoyable process for you.

MaryAnn
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

May I please DPL? Thank you.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Feel free to use a Russian intro/outro. Here is the model langauge
MaryAnn, this is NOT a model Russian, trust me, I am a professional. I'd be happy to edit it, if you allow me.
Maya, feel free to borrow the Intro / Outro language from my Russian project: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=60794
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Karl,

I'll add you as DPL.

It would be great if you could rewrite the intro/outro. I don't know who wrote it originally. It is posted over here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/LibriVox_disclaimer

If you want to post the language in this thread, I can paste it onto the wiki.

MaryAnn
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

MaryAnn, here is the new model language, translated from a bureaucratic legalese to the standard Russian :-)
I don't have editing privileges for the wiki, would you please replace the Intro statement (everything else is OK):
Начало звукозаписи (Введение):

"Глава [номер] [Название книги]. - Эта запись сделана для проекта ЛибриВокс. Все записи ЛибриВокс являются общественным достоянием. Для справок и помощи проекту пожалуйста посетите сетевую страницу librivox DOT org."
I also promised to help Maya with BC... would you please give me access to edit the first post?
Thank you!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Mark.

I can give you access to the MW, but only the author and admins can edit posts.

MaryAnn
MayaS

Post by MayaS »

Thank you Mark and MaryAnn.
Maya
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Maya, do you need my help in editing #3 of the head post?
I also suggest using the book title "Ocherki proshlago : razskazy by Lev Levanda (1835 - 1888)." in Rus. but in modern spelling (прошлого, рассказы)

Edited by admin to add:
[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
  • "Chapter [number] of Ocherki proshlago : razskazy. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
  • Say:
    "Ocherki proshlago : razskazy, by Lev Levanda. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Chapter [number] of Ocherki proshlago : razskazy by Lev Levanda. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Chapter title]"
END of recording:
    "End of [Chapter]"
  • If you wish, say:
    "End of Ocherki proshlago : razskazy, by Lev Levanda. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes. [/size]
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Mark, Maya,
I copied #3 into Mark's post above. Mark, if needed, you can edit it there and I'll copy it back up to the first post.
MaryAnn
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

I suggest using the forum title "SOLO [RUSSIAN] Essays of the Past by Levanda - maryanns"
and project title "Очерки прошлого: рассказы. Лев Леванда (1835 - 1888)"

Edited back to be copied / pasted:
Edited by admin to add:
[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
  • "Секция [number] очерков прошлого. Эта запись сделана для проекта ЛибриВокс. Все записи ЛибриВокс являются общественным достоянием. Для справок и помощи проекту пожалуйста посетите сетевую страницу librivox DOT org."
  • If you wish, say:
  • Say:
    "Лев Леванда. Очерки прошлого. Pассказ [Title]"

• "Секция [number] очерков прошлого Льва Леванды. Эта запись проекта ЛибриВокс находится в общественном достоянии."
  • If you wish, say:
  • Say: "Pассказ [Title]"
END of recording:
    "Конец рассказа [Title]"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Конец очерков прошлого Льва Леванды."

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes. [/size]

Thank you!
MayaS

Post by MayaS »

Mark, thank you for the updates.

MaryAnn can you also assign Mark as a BC for this project?
Maya
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Mark is in as BC. Maya, you still have access to the MW as the "alternate BC" behind the scenes.

I've updated the intro/outro language in the first post.

Mark - i want to make sure I have the catalog record set up correctly.

- I think the author's name will be in roman characters - I'll check that with the folks who take the lead on our author database and confirm.

- For the book title in the catalog . . . . should we use Russian characters followed by an Roman character transliteration? Sort of like this project that I worked on with Masa? http://librivox.org/onsyuu-no-kanatani-by-kikuchi-kan/ So "Очерки прошлого: рассказы (Essays of the Past)" as the book title?

- When creating the archive page and the Librivox.org book page, I will need to use roman characters. I can create those pages using "essaysofthepast" or "ocherkiproshlagorazskazy". Do you have a preference?

- Filenames also need to be in roman characters (no accent marks). I think it's nice to somewhat match the file names to the archive page address. So which do you think? "essaysofthepast_##_levanda_128kb" or "ocherkiproshlagorazskazy_##_levanda_128kb"?

- I think it would also be nice to have a bilingual book summary for the catalog page. I think it's odd when the summary for a non-English project is only in English. But as an English only speaker, I do like to be able to tell what the book is about from the summary . . . That's up to you and Maya.

MaryAnn