COMPLETE:[FICTION]Les Misérables Vol. 1, by Victor Hugo mla

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WebLadyKim

Post by WebLadyKim »

I'd like to volunteer reading sections 55, 56, & 57. I am happy to be a part of such a wonderful effort.

Thanks!
WebLadyKim
WebLadyKim
"All that we send into the lives of others, comes back into our own."
Edwin Markham
smileyman457

Post by smileyman457 »

You've got them!
www.thedailypunctillio.tk

"We're all mad here!"--The Cheshire Cat, [i]Alice in Wonderland[/i]
LaurenT

Post by LaurenT »

I'd like to read section 67 if that is okay.

Thanks,

Lauren
smileyman457

Post by smileyman457 »

You've been added!
www.thedailypunctillio.tk

"We're all mad here!"--The Cheshire Cat, [i]Alice in Wonderland[/i]
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

smileyman - would you please find out from the following readers under which name or pseudonym they'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue (we can also link to a personal web site/blog.):
Jeadite
andrewtlocke
WebLadyKim
LaurenT

Also, I just noticed this post from 17 April:
jscott wrote:I've got my first chapters recorded.

Full name-- Joel Poortenga

Here are my links...

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1172349/lesmiserablesvol140hugo.mp3
(3.71 MB, 4 min 3 sec)

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1172348/lesmiserablesvol141hugo.mp3
(8.09 MB, 8 min 50 sec)

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1172347/lesmiserablesvol142hugo.mp3
(6.68 MB, 7 min 18 sec)

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1172346/lesmiserablesvol143hugo.mp3
(540 MB, 5 min 54 sec)

Let me know if they're alright. Thanks,

~~J
and your reply to it (18 April):
smileyman wrote:The compy won't let me upload the files to David's thing. Help, please?
I guess you then forgot about it. Please note that I don't follow every single post in projects I don't BC - I MC about 35 projects; it would just get too much. If something doesn't work, would you please drop me (or David, if it's an issue with his server) a PM to alert us?
I've just checked the links; unfortunately they've expired now. Have you downloaded the chapters to your computer?

I've added jscott's catalogue name to the database.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

smileyman can't continue as BC. This project is on hold until another BC can be found. If you're interested, please PM Gesine. - This thread is locked. 19 May, Gesine
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

19 May: Rainbow will take over this project as BC.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Rainbow - would you have a look at the last post I addressed to smileyman a couple of days ago, and get the info?

I have file 42, but the others from jscott need to be re-sent. I'll update the admin with the Listen URL once it's uploaded.

Thank you once again for taking this on!
jscott

Post by jscott »

Rainbow

Post by Rainbow »

Gesine wrote:Rainbow - would you have a look at the last post I addressed to smileyman a couple of days ago, and get the info?

I have file 42, but the others from jscott need to be re-sent. I'll update the admin with the Listen URL once it's uploaded.
Will do Gesine!
Rainbow

Post by Rainbow »

Thanks jscott!! I've uploaded all of those files to David's server and have updated the magic window!
Water Traveller

Post by Water Traveller »

Oh, I'm so excited! May I please have chapters 52-54 inclusive and 58-64 inclusive? I love this part of the book. :)
smijen

Post by smijen »

Hi Rainbow - Is Book 1, Chapter 1 available now? If so, I'd love to do it. Also, is there a new deadline now?
Rainbow

Post by Rainbow »

Water Traveller wrote:Oh, I'm so excited! May I please have chapters 52-54 inclusive and 58-64 inclusive? I love this part of the book. :)
Welcome Water Traveller! :) You can absolutely have these chapters of the book. Since this is such an ambitious first task it would be a good idea to post a short recording of one of these chapters so that we can fix up any technical issues before you do all of this recording. You can post your file in this thread or in the Need Help forum for some feedback.

Also, we'll need to know what name you would like to use in our catalogue and if there is a URL that you would like to be connected to, we can do that as well.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Rainbow

Post by Rainbow »

smijen wrote:Hi Rainbow - Is Book 1, Chapter 1 available now? If so, I'd love to do it. Also, is there a new deadline now?
Book 1, Chapter 1 is yours! There is a new deadline, as we will obviously not have this finished by June. :) There's no real rush for chapters as of yet, but it's best to get them done and sent in asap. I'll ask Gesine to update the deadline in the first post, just so everyone is on the same page.

Also, as I just explained in my last post, it might be a good idea to record a small sample of your chapter so that we can check for any technical issues. Plus, we'll need to know the name you would like to use in our catalogue and a URL that you would like to be linked to.

Other than that, welcome and enjoy reading! :D