COMPLETE Shakespeare Monologues vol. 13 -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jburlinson

Post by jburlinson »

MarwaKh94 wrote:O all you host of heaven! O earth! What else? Act one scene five from Hamlet in English.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/sm13_01_shakespeare.mp3

Length: 2:10

Sorry it took so long. I was trying to make it as good as possible, but in the end i had just to stop and settle with the outcome although deep down i still feel unsatisfied. :|

Question, if i wanted to record one in Arabic, how can i know it is public domain, or that i'm not violating the translator's rights? Also, would it be okay if i translated it myself and recorded it? :help:
Very fine job -- I really enjoyed your interpretation. :thumbs:

PL OK.

Just a note, though --- there were a few bumps or thuds in the recording. This can come from a variety of sources. Perhaps you bumped your microphone inadvertently, or even the cord to your microphone. Even slight contact can cause this. Sometimes if you clear your microphone cord out of harm's way, it can help to minimize the bumping sounds. Not serious enough to have to re-do anything, though. As I say, your reading itself was super.,
John Burlinson
jburlinson

Post by jburlinson »

jburlinson wrote:Hi. Could I make this claim:

Cymbeline -- The Queen -- 'Weeps she still, sayst thou?'

Thanks.
Here's my contribution.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/sm13_07_shakespeare.mp3
4:11

Can someone PL for me?

Please let me know if there are problems.

Thanks.
John Burlinson
adonis

Post by adonis »

Can someone PL for me?

This is for John, assuming this is OK. There was a "the day's work" where it says "a day's work" but that makes the sense of the line clearer so I'm hardly surprised at that. I wouldn't want to change it. You keep the flow by leaving out the stage directions - the plot of Cymbeline is so (wonderfully) complicated I don't see how you could explain it by putting in stage directions at this point - but if it's Librivox policy to add all stage directions I suppose they could be slid in quietly at this later stage. Again, that would be purely optional for me. Excellent reading. By suppressing everything that comes naturally to you (see your magnificent Bottom, available now in MSND in Librivox catalogue) you create an entirely different character, an evil Snow White's stepmother, without being remotely Disney- or otherwise cartoonish. Well done.

Tony A.
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

I would like to claim:

Richard II -- John of Gaunt -- 'Methinks I am a prophet new inspir'd' (Act II, scene i)

and

Henry IV, Part II -- King Henry V -- 'I know thee not, old man' (Act V, scene v)

Thanks! :)
Tomas Peter
adonis

Post by adonis »

This is for John, assuming this is OK. There was a "the day's work" where it says "a day's work" but that makes the sense of the line clearer so I'm hardly surprised at that. I wouldn't want to change it. You keep the flow by leaving out the stage directions - the plot of Cymbeline is so (wonderfully) complicated I don't see how you could explain it by putting in stage directions at this point - but if it's Librivox policy to add all stage directions I suppose they could be slid in quietly at this later stage. Again, that would be purely optional for me. Excellent reading. By suppressing everything that comes naturally to you (see your magnificent Bottom, available now in MSND in Librivox catalogue) you create an entirely different character, an evil Snow White's stepmother, without being remotely Disney- or otherwise cartoonish. Well done.

Tony A.

To conclude - I'm new to this PLing - I would mark John's monologue PL OK (provided spoken stage directions are not necessary). Hope that's OK. That's all for now.

TA
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you all!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you tony for listening to johns section. i have marked it pl ok :)
Carolin
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

May I please claim:

Twelfth Night - Viola - 'I left no ring with her; what means this lady?'

Thank you!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

:thumbs:
Carolin
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Richard II - John of Gaunt - 'Methinks I am a prophet new inspir'd' (Act II, scene i) - Read in English.

Source text: http://www.inexplicabledumbshow.com/shakespeare-monologues/male/r2-2-1-31-gaunt.pdf

File: https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/sm13_09_shakespeare.mp3 (3:11)

Henry IV, Part II - King Henry V - 'I know thee not, old man' (Act V, scene v) - Read in English.

Source text: http://www.teequillin.com/shakespeare-monologues/male/h4p2-5-5-47-kinghenryv.pdf

File: https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/sm13_10_shakespeare.mp3 (2:02)
Tomas Peter
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you!
Carolin
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you!
Carolin
shinelikesunbeam

Post by shinelikesunbeam »

Hi Carolin,
I'd like to claim,
Much Ado About Nothing - Beatrice - Act III, Scene 1 - "What fire is in mine ears? Can this be true?" Read in English.
The Merchant of Venice - Portia - Act III, Scene 2 - "You see me, Lord Bassanio, where I stand" Read in English.
Thank you!
Last edited by shinelikesunbeam on May 2nd, 2016, 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Times

Post by Times »

Romeo y Julieta- Julieta- “aun no pensado en tanta honra”
Romeo and Juliet - Juliet - "It is an honour that I dream not of."

May I be the Spanish Juliet in Romeo and Juliet?
is that first thing just all I have to say to get the part? I'm terribly new at this! This is my first recording and I would happily be credited as Sharday Moshanko. Also, I'm not quite sure but are you doing Romeo and Juliet in English? I would be interested in the English version of Juliet as well. Thanks so much for your help!