Librivox Shakespeare Podcast

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
catrose

Post by catrose »

jburlinson wrote: OK. If I could suggest a recent title of which I was the BC (no time for modesty!) -- Favourite Scenes From Shakespeare

https://librivox.org/favourite-scenes-from-shakespeare-by-william-shakespeare/

You could highlight any of the scenes -- but I might suggest Cleopatra's death scene or Desdemona's
Death Scene (Othello Act 5. scene 2). Nothing like a good death scene!

Good luck and thanks again for what you're doing. Let me know if there's any way I could be of help.
Very good suggestion John! Agreed- nothing like a good death scene ;)
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
catrose

Post by catrose »

natsnut wrote:I love The Winter's Tale, an underrated gem among Shakespeare's plays, and would be delighted if you gave it a nod by including some excerpt from it. The comic scenes with the rustics are great fun.
Also, I think one of the greatest moments in any of the plays is the one in King Lear when he wakes up and has his first conversation with Cordelia since their estrangement. It's in Act 4 scene 7, the part that begins with "How does my royal lord, how fares your majesty" and ends with Cordelia's moving line "No cause, no cause."
I am a huge fan of Winter's Tale, Ray, and so we can definitely get some of that into it! :D And I do also love that scene in Lear!
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

I'm sure this shows how little I pay attention to Librivox podcasts...but where will the finished one be for listening to? :)
Adele

Post by Piotrek81 »

There will be a link in this thread and there will also be a blog post on the LV home page.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
catrose

Post by catrose »

The podcast was finished and PMed to Cori last night, so we're just waiting for it to be published now :) Well done all :clap: :clap:
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Cori didn't know she was supposed to publish it. She lent her uploader folder, but no one asked her to MC. She sent out a call for help, and I answered the call. :)

I think I've done everything correctly. It's on the home page now. Here's a link to the blog post:
https://librivox.org/2016/04/24/librivox-community-podcast-no-141/

I don't recall if I'm supposed to put it anywhere else.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

OK, I edited the top post with the audio link and the show notes. I've moved this to News & Discussion. I think that's all I need to do. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
catrose

Post by catrose »

TriciaG wrote:Cori didn't know she was supposed to publish it. She lent her uploader folder, but no one asked her to MC. She sent out a call for help, and I answered the call. :)

I think I've done everything correctly. It's on the home page now. Here's a link to the blog post:
https://librivox.org/2016/04/24/librivox-community-podcast-no-141/

I don't recall if I'm supposed to put it anywhere else.
Sorry I didn't know that :oops: - I looked on the full podcast planning thread and hers was the only name that came up

Thank you Tricia! You're the best! :mrgreen:

And thank you everyone for making this podcast possible! It's been a pleasure!
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

carolb

Post by carolb »

Congratulations on co-ordinating your first podcast, Cat :clap:
Thank you

Carol
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Good and interesting podcast :clap:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Nice podcast! :thumbs: This is the first one I've ever listened to, so I can't compare it with any others but I really liked it! So interesting to hear people talking about their experiences with Shakespeare!

Also, I never realised Esther ben Simonides and Adele de Pignerolles were sisters! So I learned something as well! :mrgreen:
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Elizabby wrote:Also, I never realised Esther ben Simonides and Adele de Pignerolles were sisters! So I learned something as well! :mrgreen:
What???? I did notice their voices sounded quite similar. :hmm: :wink:
Interesting podcast, by the way. I think it's cool to hear these people talk without reading from a script, like I'm used to!
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

I listened to it last night while making tea. It sounds great! Excellent work.
So little space, so much to say.
Timothy Ferguson

Post by Timothy Ferguson »

I never seem to find out about these until they are posted. I'd like to contribute. Is there a thread I should be subscribed to?
My occasional blog is Games from Folktales
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

There doesn't seem to be. Maybe we'd get more response if we had a "Podcast PLanning Thread" stickied for people with ideas , and they post a new thread when they are ready to go - and post a " I've posted the podcast 999 thread , please contribute"

I'll wait a day to give people a chance to agree/disagree and then do it

Anne