COMPLETE Shakespeare Monologues vol. 13 -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Shakespeare Monologues Collection vol. 13 (Multilingual) by William Shakespeare (1554 - 1616).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on the catalog page for this project: http://librivox.org/shakespeare-monologues-collection-vol-13-by-william-shakespeare/
This is the thirteenth collection of monologues from Shakespeare's plays. Our readers have chosen their favourite monologues from Shakespeare's famous comedies, tragedies, and histories, covering a wide range of topics, emotions, and languages. ( Carolin)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here
      please claim before recording.
      Please post your claim in the way it is entered into the magic window:
      [Play name] - [Character] - '[monologue title]'
      for example:
      Hamlet - Hamlet - 'To be, or not to be'
      As you like it - Phoebe - 'I would not be thy executioner'
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!):
      • English: http://www.shakespeare-monologues.org/
      • other languages are collected here: viewtopic.php?p=1230506#p1230506
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "[Title of Monologue] by [character] from [Play title, act, scene] by William Shakespeare, read in [language] for Librivox DOT org, [by [your name]]."
        Then read the monologue.
      END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Title of Monologue] from [Play title, act, scene]. This recording is in the public domain"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
        No recordings can be accepted without the LibriVox disclaimer.
        If you read a monologue in another language, consult this post for the disclaimer in other languages: viewtopic.php?p=1230507#p1230507 and help us add new languages.
        There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
      Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      sm13_##_shakespeare.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. sm13_01_shakespeare.mp3)
    9. Example ID3 V2 tags (you can leave these blank!)
      (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
      Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
      Artist: William Shakespeare
      Title: ## - [Section title]
      Album: Shakespeare Monologues Collection vol. 13 (Multilingual)

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    10. Please post the following information when you submit a file:
      Along with the link the uploader gives you, please post the following information in this thread:
      • Name of the play, act #, scene #
      • Name of the Monologue (usually the first lines) and character speaking
      • Language
      • Translator, if applicable (birth year - death year)
      • Source from which you read (i.e. Gutenberg etext url)
      • Length in mm:ss
      • If this is your first Librivox recording, I will also need your name as you would like it to appear on the catalogue page and the URL of your homepage if you have one and would like it linked to your name on the catalogue page.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Carolin
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

glennobrien has kindly begun a collection of text links to all plays. please help us expand this collection with other languages!

All's Well That Ends Well: Finnish, French

Antony and Cleopatra: Finnish, French, Greek

As You Like It: Finnish, French, German, Spanish
The Spanish text begins on page 91.

The Comedy of Errors: Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Spanish
The Finnish translation doesn't list the translator's name under the Bibrec tab.
The Spanish text begins on page 193

Coriolanus: Finnish, French, German

Cymbeline: Finnish, French

Hamlet: Esperanto, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Portuguese, Spanish

Henry IV Part 1: Finnish, French, German

Henry IV Part 2: Finnish, French, German

Henry V: Finnish, French

Henry VI Part 1: Finnish, French

Henry VI Part 2: Finnish, French

Henry VI Part 3: Finnish, French

Henry VIII: Finnish, French

Julius Caesar: Finnish, French, German, Spanish

King John: Finnish, French, Russian

King Lear: Finnish, French, German, Greek, Spanish
The Spanish text begins on page 181.

Love's Labour's Lost: Finnish, French

Macbeth: Esperanto, Finnish, French, German, German, Greek, Spanish
The Spanish text begins on page 107.

Measure for Measure: Finnish, French, German

The Merchant of Venice: Catalan (translator died 1956), Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Spanish

The Merry Wives of Windsor: Catalan (translator died 1971), Finnish, French, Spanish

A Midsummer Night's Dream: Dutch, Finnish, French, German, German

Much Ado About Nothing: Finnish, French

Othello: Finnish, French, German, Greek, Spanish
The Spanish text begins on page 329.

Pericles, Prince of Tyre: French

Richard II: Finnish, French

Richard III: Finnish, French, German
Use the UTF 8 text for the German version, the html doesnt include special characters.

Romeo and Juliet: Finnish, French, German, German, Greek, Polish, Tagalog, Spanish
The Tagalog translation doesn't list the translator's name under the Bibrec tab.
The Spanish text begins on page 201.

The Taming of the Shrew: Finnish, French

The Tempest: Esperanto, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian (translator died in 1937)

Timon of Athens: Finnish, French, German

Titus Adronicus: Dutch, Finnish, French

Troilus and Cressida: Finnish, French, German (translator died in 1931)

The Twelfth Night: Catalan (translator's death unknown), Finnish, French, German

The Two Gentlemen of Verona: Dutch, Finnish, French

The Winter's Tale: Finnish, French
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

ENGLISH
START of recording (Intro)
  • "[Title of Monologue] by [character] from [Play title, act, scene] by William Shakespeare, read in [language] for Librivox DOT org, [by [your name]]."
    Then read the monologue.
END of recording
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Title of Monologue] from [Play title, act, scene]. This recording is in the public domain"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
GERMAN
Beginn der Aufnahme (Intro)
  • "[Titel des Monologs] von [Charakter] aus [Name des Schauspiels, Akt, Szene] von William Shakespeare, ins Deutsche übersetzt von [Übersetzer], gelesen für Librivox Punkt org, [von [dein Name]]."
    Lies dann den Monolog.
Ende der Aufnahme
  • Am Ende des Monologs, sage:
    "Ende von [Titel des Monologs] aus [Name des Schauspiels, Akt, Szene]. Diese Aufnahme ist gemeinfrei und in der public domain"
  • Wenn du möchtest, sage:
    "Aufgenommen von [dein Name], [Stadt, Datum, etc.]"
[/list]
RUSSIAN
НАЧАЛО записи (Введение)
  • [ Название Монолог ] от [ характера ] из [ Играть название, акт, сцена ] из пьесы Вильяма Шекспира, переведена на [ переводчика], прочитано на русском языке для Librivox DOT org. [от [ваше имя]].
  • Тогда прочитайте монолог .
КОНЕЦ записи
  • В конце этой секции, произнесите:
  • "Конец [Название Монолога] из [название пьесы, акт, сцена]]. Эта запись находится в публичном домене."
    Если желаете, произнесите:
  • "Записано [кем – ваше имя], [город , ваш блог , подкаст , веб-адрес]"
POLISH
POCZĄTEK nagrania (intro)
  • "Monolog [Tytuł monologu] wygłaszany przez [imię postaci] z [tytuł sztuki] Williama Szekspira [akt, scena] czytany po polsku dla Librivox.org. Czyta [Twoje imię albo pseudonim]
  • [tekst monologu]
KONIEC nagrania
  • Na końcu nagrania powiedz:
  • Koniec [tytuł monologu] ze sztuki [tytuł, akt, scena]. To nagranie jest w domenie publicznej.
    Jeśli chcesz, dodaj:
  • "Nagrane przez [imię albo pseudonim], [miasto, adres Twojej strony internetowej, bloga, etc]
Carolin
adonis

Post by adonis »

Ok. This is living adventurously. I'd like to claim:

Taming of the Shrew, Kate, Fie, fie! Unknit that threatening unkind brow.

Sincerely,
Tony Addison.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you tony!
Carolin
GrayHouse

Post by GrayHouse »

Hi Carolin,
Are we allowed to claim more than one section? If so, may I please claim:
1 - Julius Caesar - Brutus - Romans, countrymen, and lovers...
2 - Julius Caesar - Mark Antony - Friends, Romans, Countrymen...

Thanks,
-Ian
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you ian :)
Carolin
adonis

Post by adonis »

The Taming of the Shrew Act Five Scene Two - Fie, fie! Unknit that threatening, unkind brow by Kate read in English.

Length: 04:48

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/sm13_02_shakespeare_128kb.mp3

http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/1107/pg1107-images.html

There. Done it. For better or for worse.

Tony Addison.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you tony!
Carolin
adonis

Post by adonis »

Could I have Rosalind in As You Like It, please?

I have been told so of many; but, indeed, an old religious uncle of mine taught me to speak.

Thank you very much.
TA.
adonis

Post by adonis »

Could I have Paulina in The Winter's Tale saying What studied torments, tyrant, hast thou for me? please? And that's the last.

Sincerely,
Tony Addison.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you tony!

could you please claim in the future in the way i specified in the first post so that i can just copy paste your claim into the mw? thanks :)
Carolin
adonis

Post by adonis »

The Winter's Tale Act Three Scene Two - What studied torments, tyrant, hast for me? by Paulina read in English.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/1539/1539-h/1539-h.htm

Length: 2:25

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/sm13_06_shakespeare_128kb.mp3

I think I've got that claiming format now; I'll try and remember that in future.

Sincerely,
Tony Addison.
adonis

Post by adonis »

As You Like It Act Three Scene Two - I have been told so of many; but indeed an old religious uncle of mine taught me to speak, by Rosalind. Read in English.

http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/1121/pg1121-images.html

Length: 5:40

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/sm13_05_shakespeare_128kb.mp3

Hope that's all alright.

Sincerely,
Tony Addison.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you tony!
Carolin