COMPLETE: Doktór Muchołapski by E. Majewski -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Digs

Post by Digs »

Piotrek81 wrote:Chapter 29 fixed and re-uploaded. I re-recorded the following bits:
5:04 Tam umysł nasz pozbywa się narzuconych formułek uważanych niemal za pewniki, korzy się przed nieznaną przyczyną wszystkiego i nabiera głębokiego przekonania że stworzony jest nie na to tylko aby badal, ale aby się dowiedział.

13:43 Figiel to bardzo stary i oklepany w świecie zwierząt, a szczegolniej w światku owadów: w nim częściej jeszcze aniżeli między ludźmi lubią wilki i lisy przywdziewać skórę baranków, a osły i gęsi pozory lwów i orłów.

20:20 Przyjęcie dopiero za fakt prawa naturalnego doboru i dziedzicznosci cech nabytych tłumaczy w przedziwnie jasny sposób istnienie tysięcznych dziwacznych kształtów zwierząt i roślin.

Hmmmm....
Spot listening of Section 29: it sounds like the original recording.... perhaps it needs to be re-uploaded again, the new server must be sleeping on the job :?
------------------------------
A neutron comes into a bar and orders a beer. How much? he asks. The bartender replies, "for you, no charge".
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I re-uploaded it.

Also, chapter 14 is PL OK :thumbs:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Digs

Post by Digs »

Piotrek81 wrote:I re-uploaded it.

Also, chapter 14 is PL OK :thumbs:

Hmm.... again.... it's still the original file..... :?: :?: :?:

Are you sure, Piotrek, that you're re-uploading the new version?

Or....am I doing something wrong...? I thought that to PL one clicks the "listen" link in the magic window, and that a re-uploaded file with the same name replaces the old one associated with that link.

If the issue is at the server end, perhaps you could ask the MC to physically delete the old file before re-uploading the new one.
A neutron comes into a bar and orders a beer. How much? he asks. The bartender replies, "for you, no charge".
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Or....am I doing something wrong...? I thought that to PL one clicks the "listen" link in the magic window, and that a re-uploaded file with the same name replaces the old one associated with that link.
That's how it works.

It works fine for me, though. I don't know what the problem might be. Also, notice that I only fixed 3 of the places you mentioned in your PL notes. Are you sure you're listening to one of those?
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Digs

Post by Digs »

Piotrek81 wrote:
That's how it works.

It works fine for me, though. I don't know what the problem might be. Also, notice that I only fixed 3 of the places you mentioned in your PL notes. Are you sure you're listening to one of those?

Yes, of course I was listening only to the three instances you listed as altered: 5, 13, 20 minutes...
I even closed the browser (just now), then re-opened and re-listened - and I was still getting the old version.

Soooo.... shaking my head.... I cleared the brower's cache. And, magically, that enabled the new version of the file to be downloaded.

Section 29 is .... PL OK!!!

We're DONE!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Congratulations! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/doktor-mucholapski-fantastyczne-przygody-w-swiecie-owadow-by-erazm-majewski/
Jo
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Thanks team :thumbs:

As for the description, a proof-listener's name has to fixed. It's not Hari.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Could you be more specific on the name that needs changing? Thanks
Jo
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

There are 2 different sets of proof-listeners mentioned. The info attached under the book description is correct, whereas the name mentioned on the right, under "reader" and "MC" is incorrect.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

OK fixed. Thanks :)
Jo