Any Russian-speaking readers around?

Deutsch, Español, Français, Nederlands, Polski, Português, 日本語 ...
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Elenwen wrote:I was wondering if we can do Strugatsky brothers? Their books such as Roadside Picnic, Beetle in the Anthill, etc (they have lots to choose from).
A lot of their works aren't even translated into English so many Russian speakers (who are poor readers) are truly missing out.

Shakespeare is spectacular in Russian (in my opinion even rivals the original version).
I saw in some other posts something about Pushkin but how about many of the other Russian great poets Anna Ahmatova? Mikhail Lermontov?
Lena, welcome to the LV!
No, we cannot do the Strugatsky brothers -- their work is not in Public Domain. Same for Akhmatova (except her very first collections), sorry. If you wish to record her "Chetki", I'd be glad to help with PL etc.

BTW, LV has a complete set of Pushkin's poems in Russian (https://librivox.org/poemi-alexander-pushkin/).
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

Elenwen wrote:Russian speaker here (though with an accent)! My name is Yelena (Lena)
I was wondering if we can do Strugatsky brothers? Their books such as Roadside Picnic, Beetle in the Anthill, etc (they have lots to choose from).
A lot of their works aren't even translated into English so many Russian speakers (who are poor readers) are truly missing out.

Shakespeare is spectacular in Russian (in my opinion even rivals the original version).
I saw in some other posts something about Pushkin but how about many of the other Russian great poets Anna Ahmatova? Mikhail Lermontov?
Hello Lena!
There isn't much recorded of Lermontov's works (well, none except the Demon, Poet and Mongo). You can find publications of his works, which are in the PD, here:
https://archive.org/search.php?query=%28creator%3A%22Lermontov%22%29%20AND%20%28language%3Arus%20OR%20language%3A%22Russian%22%29
The year of the publication should be before 1923.

There are other Russian poets whose works are in the PD but there are few/none in the Librivox catalogue, for example, Gavrila Derzhavin, Fyodor Tyutchev, Afanasy Fet, Konstantin Balmont, Alexander Blok, etc.

If you want to record a short work, you can submit it to the Multilingual Short Works Collection 014 - Poetry & Prose.
~Anastasiia
Multilingual Monthly Poem like Weekly Poetry but for all languages🗺
Сборник рассказов Л. Андреева
"Кобзар" Шевченко several short roles: "Гайдамаки", "Великий льох" 🎭
MayaS

Post by MayaS »

Greetings everybody!
Is there a link to where all Russian and Ukrainian language LibriVox recordings are posted on this site? It will help me find material for recording, if I knew what was recorded already.
Thanks in advance for your help
Maya
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Hi there Maya! I'm glad to see you want to record something in Russian and/or Ukranian - how exciting!

To find what has been done,
- go to the homepage librivox.org
- go down below the large box where it says "browse catalog"
- on the very right you have "languages" where you get a list of languages we have recordings in.
- Click the ones you want to see for a list of books.

According to this we have 10 books in Ukranian and 63 in Russian.
Good luck!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
MayaS

Post by MayaS »

Thank you, for your response! I will check out the catalog of recorded material.
Meanwhile, if there are any on-going projects, I will be happy to help out.
Maya
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

MayaS wrote:Meanwhile, if there are any on-going projects, I will be happy to help out.
Hello, Maya, and welcome to LV!
As far as I know, there are no ongoing projects in Russian, but I have a few ideas for new projects. What do you have in mind?
MayaS

Post by MayaS »

Hello Mark,
I was researching a few authors, such as Hayim Bialik, Lev Levanda, David Aizman. However, I am open to any recommendations, you might have.
Have a nice evening.
Maya
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

MayaS wrote:Hello Mark,
I was researching a few authors, such as Hayim Bialik, Lev Levanda, David Aizman. However, I am open to any recommendations, you might have.
Have a nice evening.
Hello, Maya,
Interesting research! Good idea! I like promoting less-known authors. :thumbs:

Here at LV, only publications in the Public Domain (PD) are acceptable. If you are residing in the USA and recording in Russian, that basically means published no later than 1922 (regardless of when written or translated). The publication also has to be available on the Web. :hmm:
You can read more at http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Copyright_and_Public_Domain#Determining_Public_Domain_Status .

Please let me know when you find what you like, I'd be happy to BC or DPL for you, or help in any other way...
lian2902952

Post by lian2902952 »

I was majored in Russian in college. But I have spent a year in the middle-east countries like Tajikistan or Kazahstan. So unfortunately I picked up a bit of an accent.

If you are okay with my accent I will be glad to contribute. And I'll also try to correct my accent with your help.
Lian Pang

All art is quite useless. - Oscar Wilde
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

lian2902952 wrote:I was majored in Russian in college. But I have spent a year in the middle-east countries like Tajikistan or Kazahstan. So unfortunately I picked up a bit of an accent.

If you are okay with my accent I will be glad to contribute. And I'll also try to correct my accent with your help.
Hi Lian, I'd be happy to help. Any specific ideas? What kind of a project you are looking for?
lian2902952

Post by lian2902952 »

karlkuzmich wrote:
lian2902952 wrote:I was majored in Russian in college. But I have spent a year in the middle-east countries like Tajikistan or Kazahstan. So unfortunately I picked up a bit of an accent.

Hi Lian, I'd be happy to help. Any specific ideas? What kind of a project you are looking for?

Any project is welcomed
Lian Pang

All art is quite useless. - Oscar Wilde
Xenium5

Post by Xenium5 »

Друзья, я начала долгосрочный (примерно на год) проект по чтению в одиночку "Евгения Онегина", ищу DLP - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=61424
Xenia
Xenium5

Post by Xenium5 »

Dear all, I am still looking for the DPL for Eugenii Onegin read in Russian - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=61424&p=1266666#p1266666
Please, join the project - we have plenty of time, but the first chapter has been already waiting for Pl.
Xenia
aaraa

Post by aaraa »

Hi,

I am new here.
Would like to offer reading in Russian - native speaker, no accent.

Regards,
Anya
Xenium5

Post by Xenium5 »

aaraa wrote:Hi,

I am new here.
Would like to offer reading in Russian - native speaker, no accent.

Regards,
Anya
Добро пожаловать, Анна!
Прежде всего, Вам стоит внимательно ознакомиться с информацией о том, как работает сайт (viewtopic.php?f=18&t=219), и записать 1-минутный тест (http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test). А после этого можно приниматься за проекты. Если в этой ветке никто не будет разыскивать чтеца в команду (пока вроде бы таких открытых проектов на русском нет), можно начать с сольного чтения - лучше небольшого произведения, находящегося в общественном достоянии.
Do not hesitate ask us here and have fun!
Xenia