COMLETE-romance The Glory Of The Conquered-Susan Glaspell-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Laurissa,

The volume is great. That's really your first recording? It sounded really good. There are only a couple of things that need a little work. Your "silence" at the end should only be 5 seconds, as the recording is less than 30 minutes. The other item is some background noise (an airplane?) in the last few words of the recording. It sounds like you tried to clean it, but the words are still relatively hard to hear. The same noise occurs at 3:03, but isn't loud enough to cause any problems. I would just re-record the last sentence of the chapter, and your closing remark. As it's the end, it will be easier. Just cut out your old ending and then choose Append Record from the Transport menu. After it's done, just export and upload again exactly the same as you did the first time. As your file name will be identical, it will overwrite the old file.

Truly a great job for a first chapter! I hope to hear you many times in the future!
Arlene
---------------------------------------------
Every day is a new adventure!
Teresita

Post by Teresita »

Hi Arlene,

Thank you for the compliment, and for proofing. Actually the noise is likely a semi using is air-brakes on the curve near my house. I actually had no idea the sound was in either place. They drive by all the live- long day as I proof.

The trucks are pretty frequent, so I try to record at night went they are less so. I re-did the last part, but if there is any problem with it please let me know. I did it during the day so there were parrots and dogs ambient in the neighborhood, and I think that noise reduction got them all.

I wonder if, (generally), I should turn down my mic sensitivity, and then use noise reduction to amplify? Would that help me avoid the quieter of the ambient noises? Or would it sacrifice quality, do you think? I do have a pretty good mic it is a CAD U37. Also where would be the best place to turn down the mic to avoid background noises? in system preferences, or in audacity?

Hmmmmm....well, oddly, I can not get to the librivox uploader page. I've tried several times just now. I'll try again tomorrow and see if it is working again.

Teresita
Teresita

Post by Teresita »

Okay, the site is working now. Must have been overloaded or down for a bit. but I've uploaded the changed file.
Here's the link:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/gloryofconquered_04_glaspell_128kb.mp3

it is now 14:34

Teresita
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Chapter 4 sounds great now, Laurissa, and I've marked it PL OK.
Arlene
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

May I read sections 13 and 14?
Thank you.
Lynne
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Of course. Have fun.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

It seems we lost all posts since earlier this morning, so here is chapter 13 again:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/gloryofconquered_13_glaspell_128kb.mp3

15:29
Lynne
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Looks like maybe more was lost than posts. Your link leads nowhere, Lynne:
The requested URL /alg1001/gloryofconquered_13_glaspell_128kb.mp3 was not found on this server.
Arlene
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

ArleneJoyce wrote:Looks like maybe more was lost than posts. Your link leads nowhere, Lynne:
The requested URL /alg1001/gloryofconquered_13_glaspell_128kb.mp3 was not found on this server.
Re-uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/gloryofconquered_13_glaspell_128kb.mp3
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Thanks for getting us started again, Lynne! Chapter 13 is PL OK.
Arlene
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

THank you very very much. Would you like to read more chapters from this book?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

May I read chapter 15?
Lynne
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure. Have a lot of fun.
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Lynne,

Chapter 14 has a missing phrase at 22:45 "would not their love". It doesn't change the meaning of the sentence, and it's too small to require fixing, so it's up to you if you want to fix it. You always read so precisely, so I thought you might want to know.
Arlene