COMPLETE - Favourite Scenes From Shakespeare - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Just one other thing - wasn't there supposed to be another bit of outro in the very last scene? Something like "End of favourite Scenes?" That seems to be missing.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Elizabby wrote:Just one other thing - wasn't there supposed to be another bit of outro in the very last scene? Something like "End of favourite Scenes?" That seems to be missing.
Ooops, my bad, didn't think about that anymore. :oops: Who was the narrator ? John, I think. I guess he can quickly insert that line at the end.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
jburlinson

Post by jburlinson »

Kitty wrote:
One note for time-stamp: 21:49-21:53 here is a long pause with background noise after "Hark in thine ear." I was thinking maybe the pause is intentional, since Prospero is whispering instructions to Ariel. But what are the noises in the background ? Maybe noise-clean a bit or was that intentional as well ?
I wondered whether or not that would turn out all right -- it was intended to be Prospero whispering in Ariel's ear. Otherwise, he says "Hark in thine ear" -- and then nothing.

I've cut a couple of seconds. If it would work better to cut the whole thing, no problem Just let me know.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/favouritescenes_20_shakespeare_128kb.mp3
34:47

Thanks.
John Burlinson
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jburlinson wrote:I wondered whether or not that would turn out all right -- it was intended to be Prospero whispering in Ariel's ear. Otherwise, he says "Hark in thine ear" -- and then nothing.
I've cut a couple of seconds. If it would work better to cut the whole thing, no problem Just let me know.
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/favouritescenes_20_shakespeare_128kb.mp3
34:47
Thanks.
Hmm I downloaded your link and I still have the 4 seconds...but I listened to it closer, it's not a random background noise, it seems to sound like jungle noises, like birds or something. Did you create that as special effect ? I actually like it, and you're right, he is supposed to give Ariel instructions, so it needs a few seconds pause.

I think we leave it in :) Sorry for the trouble. Marking it PL ok now.

Sonia
jburlinson

Post by jburlinson »

Elizabby wrote:Hi John! If you need to adjust Scene 16 anyway, the final LV disclaimer can be cut.

Also, for your consideration, would it be worth getting Tony to narrate for this scene? I think that would be better to reduce the duplication.
I added the "smothers her" instruction and deleted the final disclaimer. Take a listen and see if it's OK.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/favouritescenes_16_shakespeare_128kb.mp3
12:18

I'm totally open if Tony would like to do the narration. It'd give him an extra credit for his LibriVox master roster. However, Beth you did a fine job and I, personally, don't think the duplication is particularly troublesome -- many of the stage directions have been deleted already -- all those "within"s. The only spot where it impinges is the "smothers her" -- but Emilia's cries are kind of recessed so it doesn't sound problematic, at least to me.

Tony -- what do you think?

Thanks.
John Burlinson
jburlinson

Post by jburlinson »

Kitty wrote:
Hmm I downloaded your link and I still have the 4 seconds...but I listened to it closer, it's not a random background noise, it seems to sound like jungle noises, like birds or something. Did you create that as special effect ? I actually like it, and you're right, he is supposed to give Ariel instructions, so it needs a few seconds pause.

I think we leave it in :) Sorry for the trouble. Marking it PL ok now.

Sonia
Sonia -- You are so prompt and expeditious that I think you may have listened to the old file before I had updated the link in the MW! You are a model PL'er! :)

The current link should have about a 2 second whisper. Hopefully, it sounds better.
John Burlinson
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jburlinson wrote:Sonia -- You are so prompt and expeditious that I think you may have listened to the old file before I had updated the link in the MW! You are a model PL'er! :)

The current link should have about a 2 second whisper. Hopefully, it sounds better.
LOL ok I was too fast for the server to upload 8-)

You're right I have the correct file now. I also listened to Othello.

Both PL ok now.

Did you read Beth's advice to put the final disclaimer in the last scene ? I think it was the first post on this page.

Sonia
jburlinson

Post by jburlinson »

Elizabby wrote:Just one other thing - wasn't there supposed to be another bit of outro in the very last scene? Something like "End of favourite Scenes?" That seems to be missing.
You are so right. I've added the final outro to Scene 21 -- ready now for spot PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/favouritescenes_21_shakespeare_128kb.mp3

Thanks.
John Burlinson
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jburlinson wrote:You are so right. I've added the final outro to Scene 21 -- ready now for spot PL.
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/favouritescenes_21_shakespeare_128kb.mp3
Thanks.
Hi John !

the last sentence is in now, but you also added "this recording is in the public domain" which is unnecessary, as we say it at the beginning each time. Up to you to decide if for the final disclaimer you want to do it once again, or you cut it out again.

And this is the final act :clap: almost there ....

Sonia
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I'm preparing for cataloguing. Do we want a detailed cast list in the Project Summary/Description or just a "Roles read by [all your names here]" will suffice?
And who should be credited as editor/editors?
jburlinson

Post by jburlinson »

Rapunzelina wrote:I'm preparing for cataloguing. Do we want a detailed cast list in the Project Summary/Description or just a "Roles read by [all your names here]" will suffice?
And who should be credited as editor/editors?
Thanks so much, Rapunzelina. As far as I'm concerned, "roles read by..." would work best. A detailed cast list would be one long list, what with all the doubling and tripling etc. Each scene has a spoken cast list, so that works well, I think.

Michele Eaton and I were the primary editors -- although I think there were numerous contributions by just about everyone. The entire group went well above and beyond. :clap:

This may be as good a time as any for me to express my deep gratitude and appreciation for the combined efforts of all concerned in this project. It's incredible to find people as talented as you all, and who also are willing to work hard and give of your energy and time to this shared project. I'm extremely happy with the finished product and very proud to have been part of it. It's my dearest hope that we can work together again on other projects.

Thank you each and every one and here's wishing you the very best.
John Burlinson
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Congratulations everyone! This project is complete and all audio files can be found in the catalogue: https://librivox.org/favourite-scenes-from-shakespeare-by-william-shakespeare/
:clap: :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

This may become a double post after the server crashed, but I need to state yet again, that I am very happy to have been part of this project. Somehow it all went so fast in the end...but the project has become really good and something we can all be proud of. :thumbs:

Sonia