COMPLETE My Friend Annabel Lee by Mary MacLane -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Thank you! I am seeing everything now. I'll try the leveler again and the other suggestions. Glad to be back on the road, so to speak. I should get more done this coming week. Wasn't feeling too good overall.
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

I'll try and get these updates into the MW soon but my drooping eyelids are in charge and I'm going to try and come back and see what I can do. (these chapters ought to be leveled better now.)

Chap 5:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_05_maclane.mp3

chap 6:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_06_maclane.mp3

[edit] I believe these upgrades are in the MW now.
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

I tried to get to the MW about 15 times tonight with all of the helps and videos and whatever. It simply hates me, end of story. Here is section 9 at 8:37

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_09_maclane.mp3
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

what was the problem? the software could have had a hiccup :)
Carolin
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Carolin wrote:what was the problem? the software could have had a hiccup :)
I click on BC Admin and the only options given are to upload a track or start a new project. I can't see anyway beyond those options. This is what I get:

"You don't have permissions for this area.

Return to Librivox Management Tool Homepage

Logout"

[edit 3/27/16] Okay, I managed it out with some help. I'll get to adding it in the MW. :)
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 5: A Small House in the Country

This section was PL'd by another party previous to my arrival. All I saw as PL Note previously was that the volume was too low. This is now corrected. I also just loaded it in and listened to a few areas of the recording and it sounded good.

Carolin, please let me know if you want me to listen to this whole recording for a full review, else I will PL OK them.

Thanks
Last edited by afutterer on March 28th, 2016, 5:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 6: The Half-Conscious Soul

This section was PL'd by another party previous to my arrival. All I saw as PL Note previously was that the volume was too low. This is now corrected. I also just loaded it in and listened to a few areas of the recording and it sounded good.

Carolin, please let me know if you want me to listen to this whole recording for a full review, else I will PL OK them.

Thanks
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES

SECTION 9: RELATIVE

There are ~7.5 seconds of silence in the beginning of the recording. This should probably be cut down to 2 or 3.

Checker informed me that the dB level is 80.3dB. It should be 86-92dB. Please amplify this and I will PL the entire section at that time.

Sounded like great reading style though. Can't wait to listen Morlock! I believe that once you get some of this technical stuff figured out that you will have very few redos moving forward. Stay dedicated! :thumbs:
Anthony

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

sorry for the late reply, anthony -- we can trust the previous dpl when he says that there were no errors in the text.

you can listen to the first chapters if you like to know what happened at the start of the story, though! but you can listen as a listener, and neednt pay dpl-level attention :)
Carolin
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

ok. Thanks.
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES

Section 5 - A Small House in the Country

PL OK

:thumbs:
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES

Section 6 - The Half-Conscious Soul

PL OK

:thumbs:
Anthony

Morlock

Post by Morlock »

afutterer wrote:PL NOTES

SECTION 9: RELATIVE

There are ~7.5 seconds of silence in the beginning of the recording. This should probably be cut down to 2 or 3.

Checker informed me that the dB level is 80.3dB. It should be 86-92dB. Please amplify this and I will PL the entire section at that time.

Sounded like great reading style though. Can't wait to listen Morlock! I believe that once you get some of this technical stuff figured out that you will have very few redos moving forward. Stay dedicated! :thumbs:
Ahhh, I think I'm getting the knack-back... *crossing fingers* Chapter 9 is now at 8:27 and leveled up.

Thank you so much for the boost of encouragement. It is sorely needed. And checking the other chapters! Another joy was, "Wow, I see an icon with a thumbs up, and I'm not offended! I'm actually cheered up! Imagine that." :9: https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_09_maclane.mp3
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Hey M. I think the key thing here is that you are doing a wonderful job and a wonderful thing! Don't let a few technical setbacks discourage you. You are a valuable asset to Librivox. Don't ever let anything get in the way of that.

:thumbs: :clap:
Last edited by afutterer on March 31st, 2016, 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

afutterer wrote:Hey M. I think the key thing here is that you are doing a wonderful job and a wonderful thing! Don't let a few technical setbacks discourage you. You are a valuable asset to Librivox. Don't ever let anything get in the say of that.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Carolin