COMPL Commentary on the Book of Genesis by Matthew Henry-rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Certainly :D
~Tiffany
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

PL note for section 10. Just one thing, if a chapter is over 30 minutes you need to have 10 seconds of silence at the end, so if you could just tack on 5 more seconds at the end that would be great!
~Tiffany
ljmblunk

Post by ljmblunk »

fiddlesticks wrote:PL note for section 10. Just one thing, if a chapter is over 30 minutes you need to have 10 seconds of silence at the end, so if you could just tack on 5 more seconds at the end that would be great!
I'm sorry...but on my Audacity file it shows 10 seconds of silence, and when I checked the file in the MW, I counted 10 seconds at the end as well. Maybe I'm missing something...?
Laura
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Oops, I must have counted wrong, it it 10 seconds sorry :roll: Well I guess it is PL OK :D
~Tiffany
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

I should be uploading my chapter tomorrow. The editing is a bear, mostly because I seem to have found too many ways of pronouncing Chedorlaomer! Before I upload, I was wondering if you could assist with my file name. This is Chapter XIV, but Section 17. Should my ## be 14 or 17? Thanks!
Bethesda Lily

"My soul waits for the Lord as watchmen for the morning, as watchmen for the morning" (Psalm 130:6).
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

It is always the section number, so it should 17. I am looking forward to listening!
~Tiffany
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Section 17, Chapter XIV:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/commentarygenesis_17_henry_128kb.mp3
36:40
Let me know what needs fixing. This was a joy and an honor, and I hope to claim more sections when time permits.
Bethesda Lily

"My soul waits for the Lord as watchmen for the morning, as watchmen for the morning" (Psalm 130:6).
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Thank you! It gets easier the more you do it! And if you have any questions feel free to ask, there are lots of helpful people around :D
~Tiffany
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Sections 17 is PL OK!
~Tiffany
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

I'm so glad to hear that Section 17 is PL OK now. I worked hard on it, but I thought those kings' names might be my audio downfall! I'd really love Ch. 49, but had better go in order until, perhaps, I reach that coveted section someday. Meanwhile, may I please claim Section 19, Chapter 16? Thank you!
Bethesda Lily

AKMorton

Post by AKMorton »

I had a computer crash and I lost Chapter 15. I was in the editing phase. :( I am not going to be able to record for a couple of weeks, so I need to forfeit my Chapter 15. I am sorry. If that chapter is still available when I get home and ready to record, I will check and see if it is unclaimed. Or another chapter. It doesn't matter.

Just for my future reference, I have the audacity data files, named e00 or something like that. Can my work be recovered from that? EASILY recovered?

I am sorry, Tiffany!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I may be just lucky, but Audacity prompts an auto-recover whenever I launch it after a crash.
Also check from menu File -> Recent Files, in case there's something there.
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Audacity does that for me as well, so maybe that will work. I know how frustrating that is to lose a file like that, especially if you don't have a lot of time for recording!
This is a slow project, so how about I leave you signed up for that chapter for a few more months. I doubt it will all of a sudden be all claimed recorded and done! So don't worry about being in a rush : )
~Tiffany
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

bethesdalily wrote:I'm so glad to hear that Section 17 is PL OK now. I worked hard on it, but I thought those kings' names might be my audio downfall! I'd really love Ch. 49, but had better go in order until, perhaps, I reach that coveted section someday. Meanwhile, may I please claim Section 19, Chapter 16? Thank you!
You sure can! Names sure can be challenging! I usually scan them when I am reading my Bible and don't really read them, you can't really do that when recording though! You can claim sections in whatever order you like, if you wait someone else may get it :wink:
~Tiffany
AKMorton

Post by AKMorton »

I. HAVE. IT. !!! My file is there! Thanks for the helps! I will continue to edit this and upload it! YAY!!!! :D :D :D