[Solo][Italian] Petrarca - Canzoniere vol. 2-alg

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
sirjoh

Post by sirjoh »

Canzoniere (Rerum vulgarium fragmenta), vol 2, di Francesco Petrarca (1304-1374).

Il Canzoniere di Francesco Petrarca è stata una grande "rivoluzione" nella letteratura europea in volgare: è il primo caso di canzoniere stricto sensu, cioè una raccolta organica di liriche "costruita" dall'autore in una prospettiva di unitarietà.
E in effetti Petrarca, nonostante la intitolasse Rerum vulgarium fragmenta ("Frammenti di cose volgari"; il titolo "Canzoniere" verrà attribuito solo nel XVI sec.), ha scrupolosamente curato per tutta la vita la realizzazione di quest'opera, selezionando, limando, cambiando la disposizione dei componimenti, di cui persino il numero (366) ha un valore strutturale: i giorni dell'anno più un proemio, o dell'anno bisestile in cui era morta la donna amata (1348).
Naturalmente, fiumi di inchiostro sono stati versati per analizzare quest'opera la cui influenza sulla letteratura europea è stata così "fenomenale" da meritare un termine ad hoc: "Petrarchismo".
Ci basti dire qui che il Canzoniere, cantando - col linguaggio più melodico di tutta la lirica italiana - l'amore per un'unica donna, esprime magnificamente il sentimento del tempo. ( Sergio Baldelli)
  • Text source : https://archive.org/stream/rerumvulgariumfr00petruoft#page/n0/mode/2up
    Reference Text source:
    https://it.wikisource.org/wiki/Canzoniere_%28Rerum_vulgarium_fragmenta%29
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): wordperfect

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Canzoniere (Rerum vulgarium fragmenta), vol 2, di Francesco Petrarca (1304-1374) .. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Canzoniere (Rerum vulgarium fragmenta), vol 2, di Francesco Petrarca (1304-1374) ., by Francesco Petrarca. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Canzoniere (Rerum vulgarium fragmenta), vol 2, di Francesco Petrarca (1304-1374) . by Francesco Petrarca. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Canzoniere (Rerum vulgarium fragmenta), vol 2, di Francesco Petrarca (1304-1374) ., by Francesco Petrarca. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename canzoniererv2_##_petrarca_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. canzoniererv2_01_petrarca_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Francesco Petrarca
    Title: ### - [Section title]
    Album: Canzoniere (Rerum vulgarium fragmenta), vol 2, di Francesco Petrarca (1304-1374) .

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: alg1001
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by sirjoh on March 14th, 2016, 2:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Πάντα ῥεῖ
paola toldo

Post by paola toldo »

Eccomi!
I will be DPL-er for this project.
Paola :wink:
sirjoh

Post by sirjoh »

paola toldo wrote:Eccomi!
I will be DPL-er for this project.
Paola :wink:
Hello Paola,
I am very glad you are DPL!
Many thanks!

Sergio
Πάντα ῥεῖ
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Sergio,
We would rather not use wikisource. Could you read from this scan from Internet Archive? It appears that volume 2 would begin on page 166-167.
https://archive.org/stream/rerumvulgariumfr00petruoft#page/166/mode/2up
Please take a look.
Thanks,
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
sirjoh

Post by sirjoh »

alg1001 wrote:Hi Sergio,
We would rather not use wikisource. Could you read from this scan from Internet Archive? It appears that volume 2 would begin on page 166-167.
https://archive.org/stream/rerumvulgariumfr00petruoft#page/166/mode/2up
Please take a look.
Thanks,
Amy
Hello Amy,

I chose the Wikisource text for two main reasons:
1. To be consistent with the 1st volume (already completed and catalogued) where I used the Wikisource text;
2. It is based on Contini's edition which for the time being is the best from a philological point of view.

I am wondering what the LV reasons against Wikisource might be. As far as I am concerned its main drawback is not being 100% correct. This is due to the OCR revision process. But I have the original source (paper) of the scan thus, as I carried on, together with Paola Toldo (mi finest proof reader), the check of the recording I corrected the scarce faults of the Wikisource text.

LiberLiber has also an HTML version of the Canzoniere based on the Contini's edition as well: http://www.liberliber.it/mediateca/libri/p/petrarca/canzoniere/html/index.htm

Anyway, if there are mandatory reasons not to use those editions, although I would prefer Wikisource for the above arguments, I have no absolutely binding opposition to read from the text you proposed.

Please, let me know your decisions.

Cheerio

Sergio

PS: I forgot to point out a drawback of the edition you proposed: its readability; the poor scan make it a bit tiring, especially for the check.
Πάντα ῥεῖ
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The main drawback of Wikisource is that we do not know what text they used as a source. It might not be a public domain edition. (Especially since we need to be PD in the USA, and the Italian Wikisource doesn't follow the same copyright rules.)
But I have the original source (paper) of the scan thus, as I carried on, together with Paola Toldo (mi finest proof reader), the check of the recording I corrected the scarce faults of the Wikisource text.
So you are actually reading from a paper copy and NOT from the Wikisource page? We could approve that. Please send a scan or photo of the printing and copyright information from the paper copy. Put the images in a zip file, and upload it in the uploader using the MC xx-Nonproject.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
sirjoh

Post by sirjoh »

Concerning vol. 2, for the time being, I have not yet started to read from anywhere.

As I said I have got the book source of the Wikisource as specified in the page about the source of the text: https://it.wikisource.org/wiki/Discussione:Canzoniere_%28Rerum_vulgarium_fragmenta%29.
For vol. I read at the same time from this paper book and from the relevant Wikisource page, which I amended when necessary. So, now it is fully correct up to the 183rd poem.

As a matter of fact this book has a copyright of 1964 and 1992 for the last edition as stated at pag. IV; cf. the transcription below:

© 1964 e 1992 Giulio Einaudi editore s.p.a., Torino
Prima edizione "Nue" 1964
http://www.einaudi.it
ISBN 978-88-06-17949-6

In my opinion, at least, the copyright cannot concern the very text of Petrarca who died on 1374. It should cover only the introduction, notes, commentary and other apparatus matter which won't be recorded in LV.

Anyway, if you have any concern about copyright infringements, although with more fatigue, I shall read from the edition you suggested.

A last note about the latter.
In that edition each poem carries: the verse form (e.g.Sonetto, Ballata, ecc.) the ordinary number and a summary of the poem [by the Italian poet Giacomo Leopardi].
Now this stuff is not by Petraca. As appears in its manuscript autograph (Vaticano latino 3195; on which all serious editions are base) the poems have got no title, no number nor summary.
Being myself a kind of poetry scholar, I want to respect as far as possible the author so it must be clear that whatever edition will be chosen I won't read anything which is not from Petrarca. As I did for vol. 1 I will say only the ordinary number and then read the poem.

Cheerio
Πάντα ῥεῖ
sirjoh

Post by sirjoh »

Perhaps I haven't explained clearly enough.
The book I have is exactly the very one on which Wikisource is based.
Πάντα ῥεῖ
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Sergio,
You are all set now.
Cheers,
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
sirjoh

Post by sirjoh »

alg1001 wrote:Hi Sergio,
You are all set now.
Cheers,
Amy
Many thanks; we will start soon.

Cheerio

Sergio
Πάντα ῥεῖ
paola toldo

Post by paola toldo »

Well done, Sergio!
PL 01 OK :D
sirjoh

Post by sirjoh »

paola toldo wrote:Well done, Sergio!
PL 01 OK :D
Grazie!
Πάντα ῥεῖ
paola toldo

Post by paola toldo »

Caro Sergio,
Desidero avvisare che ascolterò le quattro registrazioni caricate nelle MW entro due settimane circa.
Buona Pasqua a te e a tutti :9:
Paola
sirjoh

Post by sirjoh »

paola toldo wrote:Caro Sergio,
Desidero avvisare che ascolterò le quattro registrazioni caricate nelle MW entro due settimane circa.
Buona Pasqua a te e a tutti :9:
Paola
Grazie.
Buone feste anche a te.
Un abbraccio
Sergio
Πάντα ῥεῖ
paola toldo

Post by paola toldo »

Ciao, Sergio!
PL 2-3-4-5 OK.
Rispetto alle altre registrazioni, in queste ho sentito, però, un lieve brusio di sottofondo, credo rumore del pc. Inoltre, come mai nell'introduzione non hai usato la formula ridotta prevista, ma non obbligatoria, per le registrazioni successive alla prima? Forse per conformità con il Canzoniere 1?
Paola :)