[complet] Figures of Several Centuries by Arthur Symons - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jmoon110

Post by jmoon110 »

mlee wrote: February 29, 2016
FROM mlee
RE Section 18 Thomas Hardy
jmoon:

At the end of the INTRO at 0.18 we suggest you say "Figures of Several Centuries, by Arthur Symons, Section 18"

SO just add Section 18 and resend and I expect PL will be ok
Your reading is enjoyable listening and learning.
Thank you mlee
Intro fixed and resent. New length: 10:58
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/figures_18_symons_128kb.mp3
Thanks,
Jeff
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Section 3 is PL OK after spot-check :)

Section 2 needs 4 more seconds of silence at the end. Please upload again :)
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Mlee,

I have added you as DPL (you can see your name in the MW now).

Here is a document that explains how to enter the MW (for the first time) and what to do there: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVj409nG_E0XJ5UrrcL7EVx7Qyx-2UQ7dbw4mINi3XQ

And here is a short version of how to get in the first time with pictures:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxWB83bbALTQYjlENGZ0SVJUWWs

Most of the information on what to do (in the first document) is meant for Book Coordinators, so the only thing you need to keep track of in the MW is the status column. When you listen to something that is PL OK, you change it to PL OK, if there are PL notes you change it to See PL notes. If there are PL notes, you can write in the Notes column PL notes page # -- that way the reader doesn't have to look through the whole thread in order to find them.

If you have questions about anything, please just ask! :)
Kathrine
mlee

Post by mlee »

March 3, 2016
FROM mlee

Here is Section 2 Charles Lamb I - II I hope with the 4 added seconds at the end.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/figures_02_symons_128kb.mp3

time 20.68

mlee
mlee

Post by mlee »

March 2
Mlee
RE
Section 2 Charles Lallmb I - II

Sorry it still doesnt have the extra 4 seconds. I keep sending the bad file - BUT I will get it right.

mle3e
mlee

Post by mlee »

March 2, 2016
FROM mlee Section 2 3rd try)

Here is another attempt at Section 2 Charles Lamb I - II I hope with the 4 seconds added.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/figures_02_symons_128kb.mp3

mlee
jk124

Post by jk124 »

Sorry for not contributing to this project for the last week or so - I've been travelling/starting a new semester of university.

Looks like things are moving at speed! I'll have my own section up soon.

ETA:
mlee - can you put up the duration of section 3 in minutes.seconds? Just so I can update the MW. Thanks.
Josh
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Now section 2 is PL OK :thumbs:
Kathrine
mlee

Post by mlee »

March 3 2016
FROM mlee
RE: Section 3 Charles Lamb III - IV with time added below

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/figures_03_symons_128kb.mp3

Audacity =- 844 = 14.06

mlee
mlee

Post by mlee »

jmoon110 wrote:
mlee wrote: February 29, 2016
FROM mlee
RE Section 18 Thomas Hardy
jmoon:

At the end of the INTRO at 0.18 we suggest you say "Figures of Several Centuries, by Arthur Symons, Section 18"

SO just add Section 18 and resend and I expect PL will be ok
Your reading is enjoyable listening and learning.
Thank you mlee
Intro fixed and resent. New length: 10:58
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/figures_18_symons_128kb.mp3
Thanks,
Jeff
March 4, 2016
From mlee

Thank you PL OK
mlee

Post by mlee »

kathrinee wrote:I have updated the MW with PL status/Pl notes.

mlee, would you like to learn to update the Magic Window and be the DPL, or would you rather just keep doing what you have been doing so far (listen and post in the thread whether it is PL OK or there are PL notes)? :)
FROM mlee
kathrinee:
March 4, 2016

I am logged into Project Management System. I can access the Section Compiler. I have 3 Sections (11, 28, 29) with PL Notes.
1. When I want to PL i have gone to the post where the Section has been sent. I click on the address line and bring up a black screen with a time line in the middle of the screen. I listen and note the time.
2. When i send PL Notes i have been clicking on Quote in upper right of the screen where the section was sent. Then type notes below the last post from the reader.
3. How do I know when the reader has reviewed the PL Notes, made changes and resent? Do i scan all 5 pages of posts and look for the ones with the sections I need to read?
4. Should these kind of issues be sent to your email or is the MW ok.

with respect mlee
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

mlee wrote:
FROM mlee
kathrinee:
March 4, 2016

I am logged into Project Management System. I can access the Section Compiler. I have 3 Sections (11, 28, 29) with PL Notes.
1. When I want to PL i have gone to the post where the Section has been sent. I click on the address line and bring up a black screen with a time line in the middle of the screen. I listen and note the time.
2. When i send PL Notes i have been clicking on Quote in upper right of the screen where the section was sent. Then type notes below the last post from the reader.
3. How do I know when the reader has reviewed the PL Notes, made changes and resent? Do i scan all 5 pages of posts and look for the ones with the sections I need to read?

with respect mlee
It is great that you can access the Section Compiler :thumbs:

You are doing well on figuring this out, and thank you for asking questions!

1. When you want to PL, please listen to the link in the Magic Window. (that is to make sure that the link in the Magic Window actually works). It is the job of the Book Coordinator, Josh, to put the new recordings in the MW. You can right click on the listen-link, and open a new black screen with the timeline (identical to the one you have been getting from the posts, I think).

2. You can quote the post where the recording was first sent, but you don't have to (that way you don't have to look for it in the thread). You can just say for instance "Section # is PL OK" or "PL notes for section #" and then your notes with times, just like you have been doing. When you have listened, log into the Magic Window and change the status to PL OK or See PL Notes. If there are PL notes you can add in the Notes column something like "PL notes on page #", whatever page your post with the PL Notes is on. That was it is easier for the reader to find. (There is a way to make a link directly to a post, but I can explain that later, if you want to. It is not necessary.)

3. It is the reader's responsibility to check back in the thread and make any changes necessary. When they do, they reupload and post again in the thread. Then the Book Coordinator will change the status in the MW to Ready for spot PL. That way, when you look at the MW, you will see that there is a section that has been corrected for you to spot-check. When I spot-check files, I find the PL notes I wrote (in the thread), and check those exact things I asked to be checked (you don't have to listen to the whole file again). If it is PL OK, post about that and change the MW, if something still needs to be fixed, write a new PL note and change the MW to reflect that.

4. You can always PM me questions if you wonder about anything, or you can post in the thread. It is up to you :) I generally like things to be in the thread, because then it is right there, and nothing is secret from the BC. But if you wonder about something you feel should not be in the thread (for instance if you want a second opinion on something or have a question you feel might be offensive to someone) please feel free to PM me. I keep an eye on the thread and the MW, so you don't have to PM me to tell me for instance that some sections are PL OK or that some have notes, because I see that :)

I am sorry, that was a lot of writing! I hope it was clarifying. Please ask again if something is unclear! :)
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Josh:
Good to have you back! :) You can always just tell your MC if you are going away, and normally your MC can fill in and keep everything up to date while you are gone.

When readers post their edited files, could you please update the MW to say "Ready for Spot Check"? That way it is easy to see what needs PL and what doesn't.

Thank you!
Kathrine
mlee

Post by mlee »

kathrinee wrote:
mlee wrote:
FROM mlee
kathrinee:
March 4, 2016

with respect mlee
It is great that you can access the Section Compiler :thumbs:

You are doing well on figuring this out, and thank you for asking questions!

1. When you want to PL, please listen to the link in the Magic Window. (that is to make sure that the link in the Magic Window actually works). It is the job of the Book Coordinator, Josh, to put the new recordings in the MW. You can right click on the listen-link, and open a new black screen with the timeline (identical to the one you have been getting from the posts, I think).

2. You can quote the post where the recording was first sent, but you don't have to (that way you don't have to look for it in the thread). You can just say for instance "Section # is PL OK" or "PL notes for section #" and then your notes with times, just like you have been doing. When you have listened, log into the Magic Window and change the status to PL OK or See PL Notes. If there are PL notes you can add in the Notes column something like "PL notes on page #", whatever page your post with the PL Notes is on. That was it is easier for the reader to find. (There is a way to make a link directly to a post, but I can explain that later, if you want to. It is not necessary.)

3. It is the reader's responsibility to check back in the thread and make any changes necessary. When they do, they reupload and post again in the thread. Then the Book Coordinator will change the status in the MW to Ready for spot PL. That way, when you look at the MW, you will see that there is a section that has been corrected for you to spot-check. When I spot-check files, I find the PL notes I wrote (in the thread), and check those exact things I asked to be checked (you don't have to listen to the whole file again). If it is PL OK, post about that and change the MW, if something still needs to be fixed, write a new PL note and change the MW to reflect that.

4. You can always PM me questions if you wonder about anything, or you can post in the thread. It is up to you :) I generally like things to be in the thread, because then it is right there, and nothing is secret from the BC. But if you wonder about something you feel should not be in the thread (for instance if you want a second opinion on something or have a question you feel might be offensive to someone) please feel free to PM me. I keep an eye on the thread and the MW, so you don't have to PM me to tell me for instance that some sections are PL OK or that some have notes, because I see that :)

I am sorry, that was a lot of writing! I hope it was clarifying. Please ask again if something is unclear! :)

March 4, 2016
kathrinee

Excellent in every way.

mlee
mlee

Post by mlee »

March 6
mlee
RE: Section 8 John Dunne I

May I read Section 8 John Dunne I

Perhaps I should read Section 9 John Dunne II as well.

I see in my reading and in the reading of others that I do not say Quote and UnQuote when there are " " around a phrase. If we dont use those terms then the next reader does not know for sure when we are quoting or just continuing to read as any other sentence. I and we pause before we ready the quote but I wonder if convention would dictate that we say quote and unquote for accuracy in our report.

I am noticing that i am whistling or lisping when is say sssses and i have not found a feature in Effect to eliminate these.

mlee