COMPLETE - Favourite Scenes From Shakespeare - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
adonis

Post by adonis »

I'm not liking this. My Lysander marked (2) won't open up on Librivox when I left click on it. Also, when I re-opened it in Audacity to make the latest volume changes, it came back with a double line on screen, as if stereo, perhaps? But I've selected Mono in Audacity so I don't know where that came from. This may therefore be a problem for you but for me, I don't know how it happened (apparently spontaneously) so I likewise don't know how to correct it. Glad to do anything I can do at this end.

T.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Parentheses don't work well in a filename, they break the link, that's why the file won''t open with a direct click.

As to why your recording has a double track, probably the L/R slider got pushed to one side (a random click could have caused that). The L/R slider is on the left side of the tracks, below the -/+ slider. If you haven't kept the original .aup file, we are not able to check. I have turned the stereo to mono, and re-uploaded without parentheses. Here's the file:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/favouritescenes_13_Iysander_2.mp3

Of course, if you have the .aup file, the best would be to centre the L/R slider and re-export from the original, so that it retains the volume levels. (by .aup file, I mean the original audacity recording. Audacity saves the projects with the file extension .aup)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Rapunzelina!

I think this is an illustration of how picky the uploader can be. It is therefore important that the filenames are used exactly as given i.e. no other characters apart from alphanumeric and underscores.

I have put the 2nd version of the Lysander file in the MW for PLing - it is best (IMO) if the PLers use the files in the MW, then we know that those are the correct files. This will avoid confusion if there is more than one version of a file.

(My plan is to record Nerissa for Scene 11 first, then that scene will be ready to edit! John, I think it helps the editors if you make a note to that effect in the MW as well as in the project thread.)
adonis

Post by adonis »

Last of young lovers wherever they are.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/favouritescenes_18_romeo.mp3

Length: 6:35

Tony.
adonis

Post by adonis »

Of course, if you have the .aup file, the best would be to centre the L/R slider and re-export from the original, so that it retains the volume levels. (by .aup file, I mean the original audacity recording. Audacity saves the projects with the file extension .aup)

I've re-opened the saved file I have in Audacity. It appears in stereo format; and the L/R slider on the side (which I suppose I did hit randomly before) appears exactly centred. So I am unable to proceed further. I trust the file you have is adequate to purpose. Meanwhile; pressing on. Romeo just sent.

T.
adonis

Post by adonis »

Detail. John. I right clicked on Henry IV text and got the actual text. I need the Gutenberg page to download in Kindle format. So I went back to the MW and left clicked and it gave me a number 1516 which I typed into Search in Gutenberg. That gave me a link to King Henry which I have now downloaded. So I am now ready to Hank/Shakespeare and Falstaff with the best of them. And you.

T.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Tony, I need the original sites too as the text often doesn't work on a Mac for me, so I've changed the link. I probably won't record Henry IV for a while yet, but when I do the text link should be right! Please point out any others that don't work - I mostly copied and pasted them from John's links on the Google sheet, and I thought I had changed them all to the book links rather than the pure text, but obviously I missed at least one! :oops:
Last edited by Elizabby on February 8th, 2016, 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

adonis wrote: I've re-opened the saved file I have in Audacity. It appears in stereo format; and the L/R slider on the side (which I suppose I did hit randomly before) appears exactly centred. So I am unable to proceed further. I trust the file you have is adequate to purpose. Meanwhile; pressing on. Romeo just sent.
Just be careful that your other files aren't also recording in stereo - sometimes the settings are "sticky" and once you have changed a setting it will stay that way until you change it back. You might want to check the Romeo file - there is a way of converting from stereo to mono - you don't need to re-record.
adonis

Post by adonis »

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/favouritescenes_09_hecateapparition.mp3

Length: 1:17

I used a couple of effects of my own devising on the apparition; some singing was perpetrated in Hecate (with what is possibly the worst poetry in the world) to a tune(?) I made up. No idea what Librivox policy is on this.

T.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

If you make it all up and play/sing it, that's fine. You just can't copy a copyrighted tune, or sing to someone else's recording.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Got another part PLed: Tony, your Orlando is all PL ok. :thumbs:

Now for a bit of recording for myself...

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
adonis

Post by adonis »

Getting the bits out of the way.

Length: 2:25

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/favouritescenes_12_puck.mp3

Tony A.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Thanks Tony, I'm gonna update the MW.

Just checked your Hecate/Apparition and found a textual error. "Beware Macduff" comes before "Beware the Thane of Fife". Probably easy to cut and paste it into the right slot. What effect did you put on that apparition ? It sounds like something out of a horror movie *shudders*

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Puck is PL ok. Actually I am working on the Fairy at the moment, so it's good to have heard your Puck before :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And here is the narrator and fairy for Section 12. The fairy sounds suitably cheerful, I hope.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/favouritescenes_12_narrator_fairy.mp3
Recording time: 2:21 min.

Sonia