jk124

Post by jk124 »

mlee wrote:Feb 2, 2016

From mlee

Here is Section 2 Charles Lamb I - II 2,887 words

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/figures_02_symons_128kb.mp3

Audacity = 1,292 = 21,53

mlee
Thanks for that mlee. Were you still interested in being the DPL?
Josh
jmoon110

Post by jmoon110 »

I would like to claim Section 18, if i might.
Thanks!
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Josh,

When you enter the files in the MW, would you also please enter the duration in the notes column? That way I can be sure that the whole file has made it through the process of cataloguing, when we get that far :) Thank you
Kathrine
jk124

Post by jk124 »

kathrinee wrote:Josh,

When you enter the files in the MW, would you also please enter the duration in the notes column? That way I can be sure that the whole file has made it through the process of cataloguing, when we get that far :) Thank you
Hi Katherine,

I usually switch over to the duration once the section is PL OK. If you'd prefer I can do it when it's submitted.

Thanks
Josh
mlee

Post by mlee »

February 6, 2016

mlee

here is Section 3 Charles Lamb III - IV 1,863 words

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/figures_03_symons_128kb.mp3

Audacity = 844 = 14.06

mlee
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

jk124 wrote:
kathrinee wrote:Josh,

Hi Katherine,

I usually switch over to the duration once the section is PL OK. If you'd prefer I can do it when it's submitted.

Thanks
It is fine with me if you are in the habit of doing it once the files have been ok'ed. (It makes sense, too :) )
Kathrine
jmoon110

Post by jmoon110 »

Last edited by jmoon110 on February 28th, 2016, 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

mlee, I have added you as DPL. Please ask if you have questions! :)
Kathrine
JimRowland

Post by JimRowland »

Hello.

I'm still new at this process. I have one section awaiting proof-listening. Is it okay to request another section while I'm waiting to hear back? I don't want to put too much on my plate before getting feedback and doing whatever revisions need to be dealt with (it's my first recording and I'm fairly certain I forgot to do a noise reduction on the file prior to submission ).
Anyway, if it's okay, I would like,also, to do section #12, Beddoes. In all fairness, a little poetry shouldn't kill me.
Let me know. Thanks.

Jim Rowland
jk124

Post by jk124 »

JimRowland wrote:Hello.

I'm still new at this process. I have one section awaiting proof-listening. Is it okay to request another section while I'm waiting to hear back? I don't want to put too much on my plate before getting feedback and doing whatever revisions need to be dealt with (it's my first recording and I'm fairly certain I forgot to do a noise reduction on the file prior to submission ).
Anyway, if it's okay, I would like,also, to do section #12, Beddoes. In all fairness, a little poetry shouldn't kill me.
Let me know. Thanks.

Jim Rowland
Hi Jim,

That's no problem at all. I've assigned that section to you.
Josh
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

PL note section 2:
Great reading!
Please add 4 more seconds of silence at the end, upload again with the same file name, and post in the thread. Well done!
Kathrine
mlee

Post by mlee »

From mlee
February 27, 2016

Here is #2 of Section 2 Charles Lamb. It should now have 5 seconds at the end. (hope i sent the right one)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/figures_02_symons_128kb.mp3

Audacity = 1,241 = 20.68

mlee
mlee

Post by mlee »

February 27, 2016
TO kathrinee
RE mlee as DPL

Thank you for DPL. Should I PL from this book (Figures of Several....Symons) or chose another book with shorter-easier sections to begin.

mlee
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you for the edit, Melvin!

If you want to, you can absolutely PL this book (only not the sections you have read yourself, so I can listen to those). You need to make sure that the intro and outros fit what it says in the first post, and listen to the rest of the recording, noting things like repeats or long silences. If you DPL (listen to the whole book as the recordings come in), you would also update the Magic Window, I can find a link with information about that later. Sounds good? :D
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

PL note section 3:
14:00 I hear "End of Chapter 3", should be "End of Section 3"

Everything else is great :thumbs:
Kathrine