[COMPLETE]The Joss: a Reversion by Richard Marsh-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Hello, Sonia! I hope you had a lovely few days off, if it was for pleasure that you were travelling.

I've flagged up a very small thing in chapter 15, from 1.15-1.17. It's on page 133 of the novel, if you're reading the pdf, the first page of the chapter. The sentence reads: ' as you did not answer...'. I didn't hear the bit in square brackets, and I think the sentence and paragraph make more sense if it is included, which is why I mention it.

On these chapters I've been following along with the text, and I don't think you should start to feel self-conscious. You have a very high level of accuracy, and perhaps if you look in the original file that bit of the sentence has just been edited out or something similar.

Have a listen and let me know what you think.

Erin
Off LV 25-28 March.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Erin !

How could I have forgotten this bit !!!! Or maybe I didn't forget, but deleted it by mistake, I can't say for sure. Anyway, I re-uploaded it again, this time with the missing bit. And I'm not easily disheartened, please tell me such mistakes. I want to know when my level of accuracy is lacking. One should never take it for granted.

New recording time: 16:31 min.
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jossareversion_15_marsh_128kb.mp3

Now that I'm back I hopefully find some time to record the last chapter as well. It's the smallest chapter, I should be able to finish it in one go.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Newgatenovelist

Welcome back! Chapter 15 is now PL OK. 8-)

I would say, take your time with the last chapter if you need to, but recording is addictive!

Erin
Off LV 25-28 March.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Newgatenovelist wrote:Welcome back! Chapter 15 is now PL OK. 8-)

I would say, take your time with the last chapter if you need to, but recording is addictive!

Erin
I know, it's true. I actually don't have as much "quiet time" at home as I would like to, otherwise I would be doing much more recording at the moment. But I'm quite confident that I can manage in the next day or two.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Here is the final chapter for me. *does the happy dance* To be honest, I wasn't sure at all that I would manage such a big assignement when I took it on. I'm glad I prevailed. (and a bit proud too, it might be nothing for experienced solo readers, but it was a big feat for me)

Recording time: 10:27 min. hopefully all ok
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jossareversion_16_marsh_128kb.mp3

Sonia
Newgatenovelist

And chapter 16 is done! Well done, and congratulations on your first major prose project! You might be tackling long solos sooner than you think, you know. :wink:
Off LV 25-28 March.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Newgatenovelist wrote:And chapter 16 is done! Well done, and congratulations on your first major prose project!
Yay !! Thanks
You might be tackling long solos sooner than you think, you know. :wink:
Oh no, I don't think that will be any time soon. Now I need to relax again from prose for a while. But there's enough projects around to help out with, I won't be idle. :)

I was enjoying participating in this book though :) Hopefully you find another female reader for the beginning of the book.

Sonia
SpookyNoodle

Post by SpookyNoodle »

I'd be willing to take chapters 1-9, if they're still available. Would having a male narrator be odd, though, since it's a female protagonist?
Everything is hard before it is easy; every first draft is terrible, so that the final draft can be great.
ppcunningham

Post by ppcunningham »

Boomcoach hasn't logged on since mid-November.
Is someone else watching this project?

A male reader, SpookyNoodle, offered to claim 1-8 in January, but has received no reply.
I will claim 1-8 if it is female preferred.

Patti
The trouble with life isn't that there is no answer, it's that there are so many answers. Ruth Benedict

Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema

My Page
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Our DPL, Newgatenovelist, has been keeping an eye on the project. And, the way that Boomcoach set the project up, sections 1-8 are reserved for a female reader. So, I guess that we will have to go with Patti for 1-8. Sorry SpookyNoodle, for not responding sooner and for not giving the sections to you.

Sections 1-8 are yours, Patti. Thank you!

ETA: I just looked at the MW, and sections 17-24 are assigned to Boomcoach, and he has not been here is November 13. I will PM SpookyNoodle (I love that name!) to see if he is interested in those sections. Problem mostly solved!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, SpookyNoodle has agreed to take sections 17-24, which means we are all full! Moving on to Readers Found!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Newgatenovelist

Thank you, Ann, and thank you very much, Patti and Spookynoodle, for claiming! I'm looking forward to hearing your chapters. :D

Erin
Off LV 25-28 March.
SpookyNoodle

Post by SpookyNoodle »

I am working in Audition instead of Audacity, since that's what I have available and am familiar with. Someone said that the LV uploader has problems with files where I've assigned ID tags in Audition, is that still the case or should I attempt to upload stuff with ID tags from Audition attached?
Everything is hard before it is easy; every first draft is terrible, so that the final draft can be great.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

SpookyNoodle wrote:I am working in Audition instead of Audacity, since that's what I have available and am familiar with. Someone said that the LV uploader has problems with files where I've assigned ID tags in Audition, is that still the case or should I attempt to upload stuff with ID tags from Audition attached?

You could try and see what happens. If you do have problems, is there any way that you could take off the tags?
The tags don't need to be filled in because the cataloging system will write over whatever happens to be there. But, I also don't have any experience with Audition, so I don't know about the uploader having problems with the tags.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
SpookyNoodle

Post by SpookyNoodle »

icequeen wrote:
SpookyNoodle wrote:I am working in Audition instead of Audacity, since that's what I have available and am familiar with. Someone said that the LV uploader has problems with files where I've assigned ID tags in Audition, is that still the case or should I attempt to upload stuff with ID tags from Audition attached?

You could try and see what happens. If you do have problems, is there any way that you could take off the tags?
The tags don't need to be filled in because the cataloging system will write over whatever happens to be there. But, I also don't have any experience with Audition, so I don't know about the uploader having problems with the tags.
Having the tags attached is an optional thing when I export. I just saw the info in the first post and thought I'd check.