COMLETE-romance The Glory Of The Conquered-Susan Glaspell-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JenniferFour

Post by JenniferFour »

I would love to BUT I just committed to a couple of other things so I probably won't be as speedy. If that is ok, then I would enjoy reading th next 2 chapters.
Critical feedback is ALWAYS welcome - in the forum or via PM
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Of course it is ok. Thanks.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
JenniferFour

Post by JenniferFour »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow! Thank you ever so much. Would you like to continue with 13-15?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
JenniferFour

Post by JenniferFour »

I want to clear the decks of my other ones first but if they are still open after that...sure. The next chapters start to get things really going :D Poor Karl.

BTW - I did fix chap 10 a while ago but the magic window still shows pl notes. Is there more for me to do?
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Don't let me slow you down, Jennifer! I apparently had too much holiday. I'll get caught up on all your chapters tonight.
Arlene
---------------------------------------------
Every day is a new adventure!
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Jennifer,

Chapters 10 and 12 are PL OK.

In Chapter 11, the sentence "Then you came home" is repeated at 7:24.

Thanks for an enjoyable evening "listen"!
Arlene
JenniferFour

Post by JenniferFour »

So sorry about that - correct copy here https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/gloryofconquered_11_glaspell_128kp.mp3

length is now 11:46

Kicking myself over this - I heard that and meant to go back to fix it but forgot. Grrrr...never should I think I will remember something like that. Maybe this will teach me to fix it right away.
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Chapter 11 is PL OK. I know how you feel about not remembering to fix that. I would have felt that way myself--always wanting to be perfect, even though I know it's impossible. But don't kick yourself over it. If you never leave me anything to find, I will feel like PL-ing is a waste of time!

Hope to hear you again soon!
Arlene
Teresita

Post by Teresita »

I noticed that I am still signed up for Chapter 4. So I've recorded it. I have not yet edited it though, and I have found that my recordings have a lot of variation in volume, and would appreciate advice on how to best edit that, in audacity, so that it is more equal. I have a bit of background noise that will need to be edited out too, and I am unsure as to which should be done first, the noise removal or the equalizing? and then getting it to the proper volume. I've also left a lot of blank space at the beginning of the file so that hopefully the background noise eliminator will have enough info to be able to pick up the trucks and birds and things in the background. Should I upload my raw file for editing advice?

Teresita
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Teresita,
Here is a link to the Librivox Video Tutorials on editing.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=33439
You can start there and you can post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum for help, too.
Good Luck,
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Teresita

Post by Teresita »

Thanks for the Link Amy. It was very useful.

I am all done now except for the Amplification (either positive or negative). I am currently working on a way to determine what decibel level the file is at. I've posted for help on that on the listeners/editors board, as neither of the two programs, for checking decibel level, is running for me. However, once I get this part straightened out, I'll be able to upload.

Teresita
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

If you want to upload, I can check it for you. Then, if necessary, you can adjust the volume and re-upload.
Arlene
Teresita

Post by Teresita »

Thank you Arlene, I appreciate that!

I got some great advice in the listening editing forum, and found out how to get "replygain" working in audacity. It does not tell me what the decibels are, but it did tell me what I needed to "amplify" by, so hopefully things will be in range.

So I have uploaded the file:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/gloryofconquered_04_glaspell_128kb.mp3
it is 14:38

Whew, was there a learning curve to this process!! I hope it came out okay in the end.

Teresita
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Theres. Thank you so much. I knows it was a hard process for you, so thums up.