COMPLETE Poems by Alice Meynell -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

LucyK wrote:Hi Sonia,

You're quite right, sorry about that! Trouble is just replacing one line is beyond my skills with Audacity :oops: ! (which is why I started on shorter poems, as it's simpler just to start over instead). But as I probably won't be able to record again till tomorrow morning, when I get the quiet I need, I shall research some tutorials and find out how :wink:

Lucy
Oh the replacing of the line usually is not that difficult, you simply record it in another audacity window, then mark it, copy it and paste it into the correct space in your original file. A bit like you would copy/paste in a word document. Try it out, since you have saved your original, there is really nothing that can go wrong with that.

It would be a pity to have to re-record everything again, just for one wrong line. And the chances that maybe another mistake might creep in into the second attempt is very high as well.

Sonia
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

lucy, it is really very easy to make these corrections. try it out and let us know if you need help.

one tip i can give you is to listen to the section you want to replace and say it several times to yourself, trying to sound as much as possible as you do in your recording. that way, the difference with the rest of the section will be minimal :)
Carolin
LucyK

Post by LucyK »

thanks both, that sounds like a good tip, Carolin, and I've just been looking at the videos as to how to do it, and I don't think it should be beyond possible! I think perhaps I'll do the whole tercet, though, as that will probably blend more smoothly.

It's good to be learning new stuff!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

one more thing: (i assume you use audacity) when you once hit stop and are finished recording, and then lateron want to continue on the same track and hit record, audacity usually starts recording on a new track below the previous track, which is especially annoying because it makes copy-pasting difficult and also if your speakers are on, the previous track starts playig. you can fix this by holding shift when you press record - then your recording continues on the first track :)
Carolin
likefood

Post by likefood »

Thanks, Carolin, for mentioning that shift-record thing! I usually just selected all the tracks and mixed together after recording, but now I don't have to. :)
- Daniel
老黄
L.P.H.
LucyK

Post by LucyK »

Replaced line done, you're right, it was easy enough, though it took a couple of goes to get the volume levels the same, mic must have been closer or something.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/poems_10_meynell.mp3

Do I need to re-submit the URL, or just to tell you I've done it?

Onto the last one now, maybe I'll claim some more, I rather like Mrs Meynell! :)

Lucy
LucyK

Post by LucyK »

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you lucy!

it is always best to post the link again just to make sure. could you also please remember to always post the duration of the recordings (mm:ss), also after edits, so that i can add the length of the recording to the magic window? thank you!
Carolin
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

LucyK wrote:Replaced line done, you're right, it was easy enough, though it took a couple of goes to get the volume levels the same, mic must have been closer or something.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/poems_10_meynell.mp3

Do I need to re-submit the URL, or just to tell you I've done it?

Onto the last one now, maybe I'll claim some more, I rather like Mrs Meynell! :)

Lucy
Hi Lucy

I checked both your poems 10 and 17 and both are PL ok. :thumbs:

I didn't notice any change in volume in the corrected version, so you did the copy/pasting quite smoothly. Well done.

I'm glad you like the poems and I do hope you're reading more in here, as I really enjoy listening to your calm voice. :9:

Sonia
LucyK

Post by LucyK »

Sorry Carolin, you did mention it before. :oops: I'll make sure to do it next time.

Thanks Sonia! :)
LucyK

Post by LucyK »

The time for 17 ('Parted') is 01.31.

Can I claim 18 and 19 too?

Lucy
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thanks lucy :thumbs:
Carolin
Ardhen

Post by Ardhen »

I should like to read Item 9, Autumn, Alice Meynell, as Ardhen, please.
LucyK

Post by LucyK »

Hi, 18, Regrets, and 19, Song

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/poems_18_meynell.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/poems_19_meynell.mp3

Durations: 18 - 01.21.
19 - 00.59

Cheers,

Lucy :)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Ardhen wrote:I should like to read Item 9, Autumn, Alice Meynell, as Ardhen, please.
hi ardhen, welcome to librivox! you are welcome to participate in this project, i have added you to the system and signed you up, your personal catalog page is here: https://librivox.org/reader/10588

could you please upload a one minute test and wait for the OK on it before getting started? this is just to double check that your recording soft- and hardware is set up correctly, and your mp3s have the right bit rate and sample rate, etc. we can also tutor you through some features if you need.

your poem stays reserved for you while you are looking at your test. it shouldnt take long :)

thank you!
Carolin