thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

larry, sections 1 and 2 are pl ok!
Carolin
Amaduck

Post by Amaduck »

Last edited by Amaduck on January 20th, 2016, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jargoniel

Post by Jargoniel »

46-"Thora's Song" [2:47]

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/poems_46_gordon_128kb.mp3

Here's my first official contribution to librivox!
Jargoniel

"Your existence is not impossible, but it's also not very likely." - Cecil Palmer
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Amaduck wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/song_of_the_surf.mp3

Here is Song of the Surf (number 20)
thank you amanda!

two things right off: could you please check the first post of each project you are working on to make sure you get the file names right? this particular file should have been named poems_20_gordon_128kb. the file name you need is specified in each project. also, please always post the duration of the recording (mm:ss) along with the link.

thank you!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

and thank you jargoniel! :thumbs:
Carolin
Amaduck

Post by Amaduck »

Carolin wrote:
Amaduck wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/song_of_the_surf.mp3

Here is Song of the Surf (number 20)
thank you amanda!

two things right off: could you please check the first post of each project you are working on to make sure you get the file names right? this particular file should have been named poems_20_gordon_128kb. the file name you need is specified in each project. also, please always post the duration of the recording (mm:ss) along with the link.

thank you!
Thanks for letting me know. So, how would I go about fixing this? I fixed the file name of the file on my computer and then tried to re-upload it with the new name but it said "The file type you are trying to upload is not allowed".
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

in that case something else went wrong, are you sure you are trying to upload an mp3 file?

it is i think best to wait for feedback from our dpl before you reupload, but he is very busy at the moment so it may take a while. if you like, why not claim another section in this project or another? :)

if everything is fine with the file, yuo neednt reupload just for the name. but if there is a small mistake maybe, you can fix the file name as well. it isnt a drama, generally, and once you know about the right file names, you get it right :)
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

i have advertised for a new dpl.
Carolin
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

hello everyone,

I am hoping to get started proof listening at least a little bit, to get my feet wet in the whole LibriVox project, although I'm not sure I am ready or able to be a DPL yet...
but I am excited to start somewhere! where would be the best place? I have been reading the FAQ about how this all works. I think it will make plenty more sense once I am actually involved.

thanks in advance for any pointers/advice.
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi amelia, welcome to librivox and sorry for the late reply!

proof listening is a great way to really get to know librivox. you get to enjoy a project before anyone else, you are behind the scenes, but any responsibility is still carried by the book coordinator (bc) :)

the best way to get started is to read the proof listening faq: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17680

you neednt become dedicated proof listener for the entire project - all projects listed as looking for a proof listener in listeners wanted can also use someone who will listen to only one chapter or section (or two, or three) until someone is found who is willing to be dpl until the end. so if you like, just download one of the sections from this magic window and post your feedbakc in the thread :)

please let me kwow if you have any questions, i can tutor you through proof listening if needed :)
Carolin
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

thank you Carolin-- I have jumped into proof listening with a few sections of one of Lynne's book projects and it is going well so far, I think!
I would love to help out here, too. I'll listen to a few poems tonight if I get a chance.
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

that would be great :thumbs:

just ask if you have any questions!
Carolin