Obits

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
msfry

Post by msfry »

Not to sound macabre, but as a purely practical matter, does Librivox post obits somewhere if someone dies? Most clubs have a newsletter or forum, or now a Facebook page, but we don't exactly fit the club format. Still, it would be totally weird if anyone just disappeared without any explanation, especially MC's and BC's with ongoing projects. And, is there an email we can provide to our family members where they could notify Librivox in that event?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

What has happened in the past, in my experience, is that a family member will log in to the forum (probably as the recently deceased) and inform us by posting about it. Or if there's an off-forum relationship, they'll email someone, who will then post it.

Any of our email addresses, such as info@ or the "thank a reader" one, will be looked at and acted upon.

Usually the announcement goes in this forum.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

When we know that a reader has died, we also edit their catalog name to include birth and death dates or in some cases just the dod.
Jo
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

You would probably be surprised to hear that most people , including very active members just disappear and we have no idea what has happened . I've asked my children to let LV know - but whether when the time comes they will hasn't been tested yet :D . And if someone dies suddenly I can see it may be the lasr thing the family think of. And of course most people who drop out just don't want to continue - which is fair enough . But it would be nice to know if the have projects running , then we could get someone to complete it

Anne