[Complete] Spontaneous Activity in Education, Montessori -lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
carteki

Post by carteki »

Spontaneous Activity in Education by Maria Montessori (1870 - 1952). Translated by Florence Simmonds ( - )

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/spontaneous-activity-in-education-by-maria-montessori/

Volunteers outside the USA: Maria Montessori died in 1952. The author's work is still protected by copyright in places like Europe, where copyright is author's death plus 70 years <p>
Maria Montessori saw that children gained a sense of satisfaction through doing work of their own choosing, and that the role of the adult was to allow this natural ability of the child to flourish through careful design of the environment, and the development of freedom within a positive structure. Through examples of her observations Montessori details the reasoning behind her methods. This book is translated from it's original in Italian. ( Grace En-Tien Chang)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/24727
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: wordperfect

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      Genres for the project: *Non-fiction
      Keywords that describe the book: children, play, education, Montessori
      ============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Chapter [number] of Spontaneous Activity in Education. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "Spontaneous Activity in Education, by Maria Montessori. Translated by Florence Simmonds. [Chapter]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Chapter]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of Spontaneous Activity in Education, by Maria Montessori. Translated by Florence Simmonds"

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      spontaneousactivity_##_montessori_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. spontaneousactivity_01_montessori_128kb.mp3)
    9. Example ID3 V2 tags
      (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
      Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
      Artist: Maria Montessori
      Title: ## - [Section title]
      Album: Spontaneous Activity in Education by Maria Montessori

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
    10. Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lynnet - lynnet
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please ask below
Last edited by carteki on June 3rd, 2016, 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I can MC this. Will be back with the MW in a few minutes.

Edit: MW is up. Let me know if anything doesn't look right. I shortened the file name and added the _128kb.
There is no need for i/d tags if you'd prefer - the system adds them automatically at cataloguing.
Lynne
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Kim, it has just been pointed out to me this is a resurrected solo... I have replaced the MW with the old MW from the solo, which already has some sections complete. We usually leave those as part of the group project, as they are marked PLOK. Of course, you can delete the previous soloist from the remaining sections, and open them up for anyone.

In future, can you please make it clear if you are taking on an abandoned solo. It makes life a lot easier for everyone 8-)
Lynne
carteki

Post by carteki »

Sorry Lynne, I'll remember that for the next abandoned project I pick up. And the intention is to include the already recorded pieces in the project.
I didn't edit the first post from the text given by the generator, so ID tags etc is as per the template.

Please can you set me as MC on the system so that I can update the magic window.
Kim
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

You are entered as BC now.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
carteki

Post by carteki »

Availle wrote:You are entered as BC now.
Thank you
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

carteki wrote:
Availle wrote:You are entered as BC now.
Thank you
Thank you Ava.
Kim, it is a learning process for both of us, I think :D
VfkaBT

Post by VfkaBT »

I'll take section 7, Chapter 4, Teacher Prep. 8-)
My previous LV work: Bellona Times
carteki

Post by carteki »

VfkaBT wrote:I'll take section 7, Chapter 4, Teacher Prep. 8-)
Yours :clap:
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

I would like to take Section 8 - Environment

BettyB

Thank you
carteki

Post by carteki »

BettyB wrote:I would like to take Section 8 - Environment

BettyB

Thank you
Yours :thumbs:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Moving to Readers Wanted.
VfkaBT

Post by VfkaBT »

Interesting article, but boy does she get flowery toward the end!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/spontaneousactivity_07_montessori_128kb.mp3
My previous LV work: Bellona Times
carteki

Post by carteki »

VfkaBT wrote:35.18
Interesting article, but boy does she get flowery toward the end!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/spontaneousactivity_07_montessori_128kb.mp3
Thank you. Still looking for a PL, but I'll get to it when I'm home next week.

Kim
MaxineMarie

Post by MaxineMarie »

I can DPL this if you like.
Max :)