[COMPLETE]The Joss: a Reversion by Richard Marsh-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Erin

I think this book looks interesting, and I'd like to try my hand (or rather, my voice) at it. A bit daunting to have to take so many chapters at once though. Being more of a poetry reader, I am not used to lengthy narratives yet (but would like to improve). And I see from the finished chapters that they're all about 15 minutes long, I guess that's acceptable.

edit: I'd like to take the second female part then, Sections 9-16. Those chapters are actually more suspenseful than the beginning, I just finished reading them through. Now I'm hooked and want to know the ending LOL

Not sure if I manage in the two month deadline though, because I have other claims still ongoing, but I give it my best.

Sonia
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Hi Sonia!

Of course I'm biased, but this is a good place to read longer prose sections. And yes, this book is really good! After listening to Zaanta's sections, I've been hoping more readers would come along.

Just pace yourself. The most important thing is that you like the story and that you're happy reading these chapters.

It's going to be rather nice to be PLing sections for you!
Erin
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Newgatenovelist wrote:Hi Sonia!

Of course I'm biased, but this is a good place to read longer prose sections. And yes, this book is really good! After listening to Zaanta's sections, I've been hoping more readers would come along.

Just pace yourself. The most important thing is that you like the story and that you're happy reading these chapters.

It's going to be rather nice to be PLing sections for you!
Erin
hehe yes, I will be at the receiving end from you this time ;) be gentle...

I'll give it a try, but I don't think I can read an entire chapter in one go. What is good, there is a lot of dialogue, so I can do this a bit like a DR. It's allowed to change a bit of voices, right ? That will make it easier for me to keep up.

Sonia
Newgatenovelist

I'm not that frightening (I hope)!

If it's easier for you to record each chapter in more than one sitting doing different voices, then go ahead. I don't think that there is one 'correct' way to go about it. Some people do that to try and capture one character's voice all at once, and others don't. It really is up to you - just have fun with it!
Khaghbboommm

Post by Khaghbboommm »

Hi

Yes, that's fine with me. Will take a look at the text today.

Cheers
Newgatenovelist

Khaghbboommm wrote:Hi

Yes, that's fine with me. Will take a look at the text today.

Cheers
Terrific! I'm looking forward to hearing the end. :)
Khaghbboommm

Post by Khaghbboommm »

Newgatenovelist

Khaghbboommm wrote:Hi

Here is Ch34 (9.36): https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jossareversion_34_marsh_128kb.mp3

Cheers
Thank you very much! Chapter 34 is well read, but is just a teeny bit loud (Checker's saying that it's 93.2 dB). Could you please lower the volume by about 2 dB and re-upload with exactly the same file name?
Erin
Khaghbboommm

Post by Khaghbboommm »

Will do Erin ")
Khaghbboommm

Post by Khaghbboommm »

Newgatenovelist

Thank you - chapter 34 is PL OK, and it's a nice conclusion to the book!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

An update on my recording. I have started with my first chapter yesterday evening. Prose reading is harder than I thought, I cannot do too many pages in one go. I have done 3 pages so far, and I think I will stretch each chapter over two or three evening sessions. I will continue though, just wanted to let you know that it will take some time before the first chapter is ready for PL. As the first chapters still are unclaimed, I guess there is no hurry for the moment.

Sonia
Newgatenovelist

Thank you for the update. Not to worry - I don't think anybody expects you to read and edit at some magic, ideal speed, even if I'm sure we'd all like to be faster so we can do more. :wink: Pace yourself, especially if this is your prose chapter, and see what works for you - and most of all, enjoy it!
Erin
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Newgatenovelist wrote:Thank you for the update. Not to worry - I don't think anybody expects you to read and edit at some magic, ideal speed, even if I'm sure we'd all like to be faster so we can do more. :wink: Pace yourself, especially if this is your prose chapter, and see what works for you - and most of all, enjoy it!
Erin
I finished the first chapter !!!! I hope it's the way you like it. Please tell me if I speak unclear or too fast or whatever. I tried to pace myself and to change voices a bit, but not sure if I managed well all the time.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jossareversion_09_marsh_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 14:56 min.

Now I need a rest for tonight LOL But I'm happy I got started on it. The book is really good. It would have been an excellent choice for DR, with so many direct speech.

Not sure if I can go on at this pace, but I try to do one chapter during two evenings. That way, I will be finished in a reasonable time after all.

Good night
Sonia
Newgatenovelist

Well done - chapter 9 is PL OK!

You're right, the book is really good. Having listened to Max Lander's 'sections', it's all starting to come together. I'm really looking forward to hearing your character's perspective on the events in the story.

Erin