FULL Parson's Wedding by Killigrew - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
JenniferFour
Posts: 323
Joined: December 11th, 2015, 5:04 pm
Location: Virginia, USA

Post by JenniferFour » December 23rd, 2015, 8:41 am

I'll fix it...

Here you go: correct file name ...

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_crop_3.mp3
Critical feedback is ALWAYS welcome - in the forum or via PM

Kristingj
Posts: 4238
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am

Post by Kristingj » December 27th, 2015, 2:21 pm

JenniferFour wrote:I'll fix it...

Here you go: correct file name ...

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_crop_3.mp3
Thanks!

Kristingj
Posts: 4238
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am

Post by Kristingj » January 7th, 2016, 5:13 am

Mistress Wanton has been uploaded to the mw:)

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15033
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » January 9th, 2016, 4:47 am

Lots of soundbites from/for Mistress Pleasant:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_pleasant_1.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_pleasant_5.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_pleasant_4.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_pleasant_3.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_pleasant_2.mp3

I didn't do any voice up (because I forgot about it, sorry... :oops: ) and when I tried it in post-processing I sounded close to Minnie Mouse, so I let it be. I hope it's fine anyway.
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

Inspired by LibriVox: The 8 Views of Lake Biwa

Kristingj
Posts: 4238
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am

Post by Kristingj » January 9th, 2016, 5:01 am

Availle wrote:Lots of soundbites from/for Mistress Pleasant:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_pleasant_1.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_pleasant_5.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_pleasant_4.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_pleasant_3.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_pleasant_2.mp3

I didn't do any voice up (because I forgot about it, sorry... :oops: ) and when I tried it in post-processing I sounded close to Minnie Mouse, so I let it be. I hope it's fine anyway.
Thank you! Oh, no stress, I didn't either:P It's more important with the male parts anyways

catharmaiden
Posts: 228
Joined: June 3rd, 2015, 1:58 am
Location: Luxembourg
Contact:

Post by catharmaiden » January 9th, 2016, 1:44 pm

Unfortunately, I have to give the role of the captain back. I don't have much time at the moment, and the role is just too big. I'm really sorry. :(
Sandra

Kristingj
Posts: 4238
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am

Post by Kristingj » January 11th, 2016, 2:24 am

catharmaiden wrote:Unfortunately, I have to give the role of the captain back. I don't have much time at the moment, and the role is just too big. I'm really sorry. :(
Sandra
That's okay, thanks for letting me know:) There re several smaller parts if you'd like

RobBoard
Posts: 1121
Joined: February 25th, 2013, 2:25 am
Location: Switzerland

Post by RobBoard » January 11th, 2016, 6:48 am

Apologies for not getting around to PLing sooner - for some reason I was not subscribed to new posts.

Wanton
-Act 1
3.00 "Belying" is pronounced "Belaying", which is another verb with a different meaning. The pronunciation is the same as the two words "be lying".
-Act 2
0.20 "tool" for "fool".
1.20 "parallel" for "parreal". I have no idea what the latter means and can't find it in online dictionaries, so might not be worth changing as it will be unlikely to make the line clearer.
2.05 "noise" for "nose".
2.15 "in revenge for a which" rather than "in revenge for which", suggesting that 'which' is a noun (witch).
3.10 Your second pronunciation of fardingales is closer to what I think is correct, but it might be difficult for an editor to cut this take into the whole sentence. Might be easier if you spoke the entire last clause of the sentence again.
3.50 "honour" for "humour". Btw, I wouldn't normally mention this but, since you'll be re-reading the line anyway, "REbel [REH-ble]" is the pronunciation for the noun and "reBEL [reh-BELL]" is the verb (which is the case here).
-Act 3 PL OK
-Act 4
5.20 Missing line "We'll come, we'll come"
9.00 "make my counsel" for "take my counsel".
-Act 5 PL OK

Pleasant
-Act 1, 2, 3 PL OK
-Act 4
2.40 "covenant" mispronounced such that it might be difficult to listeners to comprehend.
-Act 5
2.05 "surly" as "surely"
Missing final line: "agreed" (an Omnes line).

Crop
0.28 Missing line "Sir, I have come into good lords' company ere now."

Narrator
-Act 5 PL OK
Last edited by RobBoard on January 11th, 2016, 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Board

Amends for Ladies by Nathan Field. New! A bawdy Jacobean comedy.
Cupid's Whirligig by Edward Sharpham. Another bawdy Jacobean comedy.
The Parson's Wedding by Thomas Killigrew. The 1st English play with an all-female cast.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11116
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » January 11th, 2016, 7:06 am

RobBoard wrote:1.20 "parallel" for "parreal". I have no idea what the latter means and can't find it in online dictionaries, so might not be worth changing and it will be unlikely to make the line clearer.
just a thought, maybe it's a typo for "distinct parent of wit bound by itself". "al" and "nt" are common OCR typos. And it would make a bit more sense, wouldn't it?

Sonia

RobBoard
Posts: 1121
Joined: February 25th, 2013, 2:25 am
Location: Switzerland

Post by RobBoard » January 11th, 2016, 7:23 am

Kitty wrote:
RobBoard wrote:1.20 "parallel" for "parreal". I have no idea what the latter means and can't find it in online dictionaries, so might not be worth changing and it will be unlikely to make the line clearer.
just a thought, maybe it's a typo for "distinct parent of wit bound by itself". "al" and "nt" are common OCR typos. And it would make a bit more sense, wouldn't it?

Sonia
Good idea. I dug out the original text, though, and it is indeed parreal. Still no idea what it means!

Fifth line from bottom on left page https://archive.org/stream/aselectcollecti24hazlgoog#page/n432/mode/2up
Rob Board

Amends for Ladies by Nathan Field. New! A bawdy Jacobean comedy.
Cupid's Whirligig by Edward Sharpham. Another bawdy Jacobean comedy.
The Parson's Wedding by Thomas Killigrew. The 1st English play with an all-female cast.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11116
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » January 11th, 2016, 7:27 am

RobBoard wrote:Good idea. I dug out the original text, though, and it is indeed parreal. Still no idea what it means!

Fifth line from bottom on left page https://archive.org/stream/aselectcollecti24hazlgoog#page/n432/mode/2up
I see, you're right...ah well, it was worth a try ;)

Sonia

JenniferFour
Posts: 323
Joined: December 11th, 2015, 5:04 pm
Location: Virginia, USA

Post by JenniferFour » January 11th, 2016, 7:28 pm

RobBoard wrote:
Crop
0.28 Missing line "Sir, I have come into good lords' company ere now."
Whoops! Sorry about that. Corrected file: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_crop_3.mp3
Critical feedback is ALWAYS welcome - in the forum or via PM

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15033
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » January 11th, 2016, 8:34 pm

Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

Inspired by LibriVox: The 8 Views of Lake Biwa

RobBoard
Posts: 1121
Joined: February 25th, 2013, 2:25 am
Location: Switzerland

Post by RobBoard » January 12th, 2016, 3:55 am

Thanks! Pleasant and Crop PL OK. :thumbs:
Rob Board

Amends for Ladies by Nathan Field. New! A bawdy Jacobean comedy.
Cupid's Whirligig by Edward Sharpham. Another bawdy Jacobean comedy.
The Parson's Wedding by Thomas Killigrew. The 1st English play with an all-female cast.

Kristingj
Posts: 4238
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am

Post by Kristingj » January 12th, 2016, 5:06 am

RobBoard wrote:Thanks! Pleasant and Crop PL OK. :thumbs:
Great, guys! My own corrections will come in next week when I'm hopefully well enough to record again:)

Post Reply